Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper

Reaction score
According to Stan's 1/11/11 rumor list, there's a newly tooled Speeder Bike due out by 2012 - what do you think of the idea.

Is this, perhaps, the most needed vehicle that Hasbro could do?

Reaction score
Re: Speeder Bike - New Tool - Rumor

It's about time. They need to tweak the scout trooper, too. Even just a bigger helmet would help, but I always thought his torso looks off and the forearms are a bit short...

And hopefully it doesn't BLOW APART like the crap I had to put up with as a child.

I'm also hoping for more accurate thrust controls...

Reaction score

Since1978 said:
According to Stan's 1/11/11 rumor list, there's a newly tooled Speeder Bike due out by 2012 - what do you think of the idea.

Is this, perhaps, the most needed vehicle that Hasbro could do?
If true, about darn time, Hasbro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know this Stan....an insider?

Reaction score

I have four speeder bikes at the moment, all based on the same mold. The only difference are the controls (and the absence of the exploding action on the newer white ones).

Reaction score

Hasbro said this was a very likely release and considering they just released the old one in the deluxe line it would fall in line with their "Give the crappy one a run around the block one more time just before making a new one" policy.

Reaction score

I'd love for the current "feet" to be made into the proper foot pedals and just have a clear flight stand like the STAP. Handlebars that aren't too gummy would be a plus.

The Biker scout is one of my favorites, but the lack of thinking ahead with ball jointed hips has always been puzzling. I guess vehicle compatibility doesn't matter since the bike will almost always include a rider. Let's hope that rather than repack, they add hips and maybe knees that can bend at a tighter angle.

GNT

Reaction score

*Fingers crossed for a new version* A new version should've been released years back, would be neat if it would come in vintage style packaging.

Reaction score

Hopefully it will include a Biker Scout with ball-jointed hips and a larger helmet (the size of Nik Sant's) with flip-up visor.

Reaction score

What's wrong with the old Kenner mold - don't you guys like those silly vertical handle grips, foot pedals that double as robot legs, & that tear inducing crotch T-bar????

YES we need a new one, wtf Hasbro? Snow ones, clone ones, PT ones, EU ones.. how about a new ENDOR one.

Reaction score

This has been long overdue and we also need an all-new Biker Scout with a larger head, ball-joint hips, crisper detailing, more accurate sculpting and just overall better range of motion on all of his joints.

We got a completely new AT-AT Driver in 2009 only three years after the Saga2 version, so it's not completely out of the question to ask for an improved Biker Scout as well. Especially if we are getting an all new Speeder Bike in 2012 (the VTSC Biker Scout mold will be 6 years old by then).

Reaction score

FakeEyes22 said:
I'd love for the current "feet" to be made into the proper foot pedals and just have a clear flight stand like the STAP. Handlebars that aren't too gummy would be a plus.
i'll go along with that.

Reaction score

I'll probably pass, only have one now and I don't have any Speederbike themed displays.
It was a cool chase scene but in general it's just wasted space in my collection.

Reaction score

This really is way overdue. I hate that none of the current bikes cannot stand for "shhhh "it". I welcome any new OTC items so bring it on!

Reaction score

Lots of good ideas mentioned so far...

My checklist:
- smaller sculpt (vintage-based bikes are too big due to having figures sit on original w/ legs in front of them)
- sturdier handlebars, extending far enough back (smaller bike will help with that)
- proper foot pedals, even if most figures can't reach them
- button-activated rear flaps* (instead of pushing a button to blow it up, push button to raise flaps, gives it an 'action feature')
- clear stand

And for the scout, the main issue is the helmet & lack of BH hips. Bigger helmet ala Nik Sant is a must.

*manual flaps are also fine rather than button-activated ones

Reaction score

Great update vehicle and can't wait to see it. I'm down for at least 3 if it turns out well. We have a Luke that can sit on one now, although he'll need to borrow some Endor camo. So all we really need a new biker scout.

Reaction score

how about a removable sleeping bag? then you could slide him in.

it must have been a folded up sleeping bag they carried on the back of their speeder bikes.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Lots of good ideas mentioned so far...

My checklist:
- smaller sculpt (vintage-based bikes are too big due to having figures sit on original w/ legs in front of them)
- sturdier handlebars, extending far enough back (smaller bike will help with that)
- proper foot pedals, even if most figures can't reach them
- button-activated rear flaps* (instead of pushing a button to blow it up, push button to raise flaps, gives it an 'action feature')
- clear stand

And for the scout, the main issue is the helmet & lack of BH hips. Bigger helmet ala Nik Sant is a must.

*manual flaps are also fine rather than button-activated ones
If it is close to this, I would be very happy with it.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
- clear stand
An absolute must!!!!!

One of my gripes about past Kenner / Hasbro Speeder Bikes is how they don't display very well loose. Something as simple as a clear stand, would be a great benefit.

Reaction score

I'd like, ideally, for them to release a bike with a trooper, Luke, and Leia, ala the POTF2 sets. Either way, a vehicle I'll most certainly pick up.

Reaction score

About time. The current sculpt is ancient and has glaring problems, even in the updated version.
When we get it we'll also need a new Scout Trooper with ball-jointed hips, new Endor Leia with ball-jointed hips (and better head sculpt, more accurate poncho). Endor luke should easy to make: the new Jedi Luke with a poncho and helmet.

Reaction score

I'll pick up several. One for Luke, one for Leia, two for biker scouts, and one to repaint for Stass Allie.

Reaction score

I never really noticed it before, I guess I didnt pay close attention, but the current bikerscout is very goofy looking, it doesnt look like the film version at all and yes, that helmet (along with all Vaders helmets) are just too small, a clone figures head couldnt even fit a helmet that small...the body is off too and he NEEDS BJ hips.
So yeah, a new speeder bike with new bikerscout is needed, and I hope they completely scrap the current speeder mold and start over and make it 100% more movie accurate.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
Why would this rumor be any more credible than when it was rumored by Stan three years ago?
Because now it's 3 years later... EVENTUALLY, it'll be correct!

And it's possible it was credible 3 years ago, but Hasbro--in their infinite wisdom--decided to focus on CW minivehicles instead, and just make use of the older bike molds for a few more goes (both vertical and horizontal handles, both types of front steering vanes, etc)

Reaction score

This is a much-needed update. I really hope Hasbro pulls through with this one.

Reaction score

only welcome if done correctly. no stupid action feature or SOFT AS HELL PLASTIC! decent handlebar controls etc.

Reaction score

I like the one that came with the ATAT but it needs to be smaller, more in scale, painted in Endor colors and not be made of rubber!
They need to make sure a bikerscout can sit on it properly and a scout with BJ hips, bigger helmet and better proportional body.

Reaction score

It's about time. This is an easy redo and I figured it would come out this year or next. A definite buy.

Reaction score

Absolutely we need a new Speeder Bike. Just, like everyone has commented, don't give us one that explodes or is made of rubber. Give us one that finally looks like its supposed to look and is in scale with the figures. The AT-AT one was fine but its made of silly putty. Right now I've got an AT-AT with a Speeder Bike in its garage that has practically melted because the plastic is too damn soft and rubbery. My Snowtroopers are like--[censored] this [censored]! We can't ride that! LMAO!

Reaction score

About time! I can't wait. And I agree with everyone that we need a new Scout with a bigger helmet (stop making helmets that are too small, please) and bj hips. Maybe the only positive side to giving OT troopers clone heads is that it forces Hasbro to make their helmets big enough.

Reaction score

I'm guessing this would possibly be in the same assortment as the Target Landspeeder and Tauntaun.
Hopefully not, though, since I don't see how one would pay $16.99 for just a speeder bike...unless of course if it came with a new scout trooper.

Reaction score

Spookymufu said:
I like the one that came with the ATAT but it needs to be smaller, more in scale, painted in Endor colors and not be made of rubber!
They need to make sure a bikerscout can sit on it properly and a scout with BJ hips, bigger helmet and better proportional body.
I completely agree, my biggest hangup with the old models has been the darn handle bars, I was stoked to see something new in a bike as per the AT-AT pack-in, but now that they have the general concept down, it can only get better (we can hope, LOL).