Speeder Bike w/ Scout Trooper (The Mandalorian)

Reaction score
The 2014 Scout and Speeder Bike from ROTJ went for $39.99 at retail but has now ballooned quite a bit. $49.99 seems consistent to me with the increase in premium sets since that time and this will now be the cheapest price for a speeder bike set.

On the other hand, this is really little more than a glorified repaint. New tooling includes the satchel, the power supply that no one asked for or wanted, and Baby Yoda’s head, as they’re at least giving us a new facial expression. I think technically the stand for this is new as well. But it’s a pretty low effort premium set, that’s for sure.
Yes, I am completely comfortable in my decision to pass on this one.

Saving shelf space, saving money for OT product.

Reaction score
^
Wow, that's crap.

I was thinking it was pretty good, but that was because I thought it was a full figure of "the child".
The only new things included is that target practise cr@p thing, satchel/bag and beheaded baby - oh, and the paint job on the speeder bike.
The actually forgot to paint the markings on the scout here as well.

Reaction score
Still waiting for this to go up on amazon.ca. I’m nervous though what it will cost in CDN$. Still, I’m looking forward to getting it. And luckily I plan to open this so the usual amazon shipping issues shouldn’t apply this time.

I wonder if the the flap on the satchel closes? I think it would look better that way, or at least partially closed with baby Yoda peeking out.

Reaction score
Still waiting for this to go up on amazon.ca. I’m nervous though what it will cost in CDN$. Still, I’m looking forward to getting it. And luckily I plan to open this so the usual amazon shipping issues shouldn’t apply this time.

I wonder if the the flap on the satchel closes? I think it would look better that way, or at least partially closed with baby Yoda peeking out.
There looks to be small holes to insert the strap-pegs...

Reaction score
To be honest, I'm not that surprised. Hasbro is just trying to make you look away from the fact that they couldn't even make this guy screen accurate.
View attachment 366452

They are really getting lazy with these "new" releases
I kind of prefer them not to be screen-accurate in this case, just as I like the way the Black Series Mandalorian Heavy Infantry looks versus his appearance in the series. 🙂

Reaction score
I kind of prefer them not to be screen-accurate in this case, just as I like the way the Black Series Mandalorian Heavy Infantry looks versus his appearance in the series. 🙂
I find myself more forgiving to that one as well, and minor things missing I can live with. But it doesn't change that they have become very sloppy. Perhaps they themselves need to take a deep breath and sit down for a moment.

Reaction score
Ordered this one and credit collection IG-11, displaying the bike + IG-11 seem much more satisfying.

Reaction score
In all fairness that figure was put up in stock for order the day if not the day after his debut in the show. For him to have been ready he was surely based on concept art

bac

Reaction score
I checked to see if this was still in stock. It is, and it's now labeled a #1 Best Seller in Action Figures.

Reaction score
I checked to see if this was still in stock. It is, and it's now labeled a #1 Best Seller in Action Figures.

I was going to just say... its available, ordering 2 right now!!!!!!!!! I made my mind up...

Reaction score
I pre-ordered one on Monday. I might like another, but not at the current price. I'll wait for a sale or something before buying a second set.

Reaction score
I pre-ordered one on Monday. I might like another, but not at the current price. I'll wait for a sale or something before buying a second set.
Yea, I think you have a good point.. and seeing this is still in stock........ I think we'll find these lower in a year or so...

Reaction score
I don't know if these recent Amazon exclusives will still be in stock long enough to be sold at a lower price. I wanted the recent exclusive ER Transformer 2 packs and they were up for preorder so long, I figured I would wait until they got released and get them at a lower price. Well both went OOS prior to release date and now command high prices. Many people even had their preorders cancelled or stuck in a constant delay limbo. I went ahead and preordered this speederbike set, but my hopes of actually getting it are lowered. I preordered the GI Joe soundtrack record the first day it was available, and it had a set release date like all music does. Well the date came and went and the item went into a permanent delay window. Meanwhile third party sellers and other sites got it on release day and sold out. Stupid me for trusting Amazon would fulfill. I feel like Amazon no longer understands what preorder means. My understanding is that it tells them how many of a particular item to order from the distributor, and if exclusive they should only allow enough preorders to go through for the number of pieces they are expecting from the manufacturer.

Reaction score
I don't know if these recent Amazon exclusives will still be in stock long enough to be sold at a lower price. I wanted the recent exclusive ER Transformer 2 packs and they were up for preorder so long, I figured I would wait until they got released and get them at a lower price. Well both went OOS prior to release date and now command high prices. Many people even had their preorders cancelled or stuck in a constant delay limbo. I went ahead and preordered this speederbike set, but my hopes of actually getting it are lowered. I preordered the GI Joe soundtrack record the first day it was available, and it had a set release date like all music does. Well the date came and went and the item went into a permanent delay window. Meanwhile third party sellers and other sites got it on release day and sold out. Stupid me for trusting Amazon would fulfill. I feel like Amazon no longer understands what preorder means. My understanding is that it tells them how many of a particular item to order from the distributor, and if exclusive they should only allow enough preorders to go through for the number of pieces they are expecting from the manufacturer.
I pre-ordered from Amazon UK on Oct 27th and got an estimated delivery date of Aug 2021 on my order page!
Yesterday I got an email stating "We don't have an estimated delivery date for the items below. We'll provide you with periodic updates on your delivery date, and notify you as soon as the items are ready to dispatch. "Star Wars The Black Series Speeder Bike Scout Trooper and The Child Toys 6-Inch-Scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure and Vehicle Set" Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this delay. "

Carbon Freeze Han seems to be another figure that's vanished down the memory hole. I'm new to collecting TBS but figured Amazon would be better than this on their own exclusives :(

Reaction score
I pre-ordered from Amazon UK on Oct 27th and got an estimated delivery date of Aug 2021 on my order page!
Yesterday I got an email stating "We don't have an estimated delivery date for the items below. We'll provide you with periodic updates on your delivery date, and notify you as soon as the items are ready to dispatch. "Star Wars The Black Series Speeder Bike Scout Trooper and The Child Toys 6-Inch-Scale The Mandalorian Collectible Figure and Vehicle Set" Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this delay. "

Carbon Freeze Han seems to be another figure that's vanished down the memory hole. I'm new to collecting TBS but figured Amazon would be better than this on their own exclusives :(
I also had the same email a few weeks back, but got an email today saying I should get it early January 🙂

Reaction score
Amazon uk updated the release window for my order to 21 Dec - Jan 31. Apparently some folks over here have already started receiving theirs though

Reaction score
My sister (reading over my shoulder) just got freaked out by that overhead pic of the field generator or whatever it is. She thought it was a spider. ;)

Reaction score
A strong candidate for the dumbest accessory in this line.
Others would be the shifter knob and mug from Grogu. They're so tiny and unable to be held they only belong inside the little container they provided. I still find that hilarious they gave us that, would have rather they throw a few extra knobs and a mug in there.

Reaction score
Others would be the shifter knob and mug from Grogu. They're so tiny and unable to be held they only belong inside the little container they provided. I still find that hilarious they gave us that, would have rather they throw a few extra knobs and a mug in there.
I'd rather they had given us an extra head for the child with an alternate expression. Given the figure's size and articulation, those tiny accessories are practically useless, as you said.

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
I feel like Grogu was originally going to have better range of movement (thus the micro accessories), but they changed the design due to aesthetics on such a small figure. With some modifying, they look good.
20200915_093555-1.jpg

That being said though, I agree, the accessories were really not needed. I would've preferred an alternate head, maybe alternate arms to provide the RoM, but the pram was really needed. I know we finally got it in the "buildup pack", but it's not yet screen accurate at all (wondering if he gets a new one soon)