Speeder Bike & Scout Trooper

I am curious about what the Speeder Bike will be like. Very.

Sounds good. I have so many speeder bikes in a drawer, though, I may not need another.

Did they say it was all-new? If anything would be something they’d repack, it’d be a vehicle. But the whole rollout makes it seem like it’s all new. I’ll get one if it’s different enough.

I hope the speeder bike will be made out of a less flimsy plastic that seems to be the norm now for the newer figure.

Can they make sure that the plastic they use for the Scout Trooper’s torso doesn’t yellow?
My fallen order stormtrooper arrived this morning and he’d yellowed inside the packaging already. Hopefully the new scout troopers will be fixed!

There's always something that's gotta turn yellow. If it's not the torso it's everything else. It's why I don't bother army-building anymore. Feels like a colossal waste of money when that's what happens to them.

It’s cool we’re getting a Speeder Bike again. Missed out on the one they released all those years ago. Hopefully this does well and we can see other mid-size vehicles or beasts like Mando’s speeder, a Blurrg, or even Jabba.

I would hope we get a new Scout Trooper mold. The one we have now has parts that date back to 2006. The time is right to crank out a new mold which could have high reuse possibilities.

The all new speeder bike (Don’t look at previous versions)
cost $350+tax

Via an exclusive website retailer that YOU don’t like.
Exclusive biker scout designed to fit this & only this deluxe version sold separately via a different retailer
Available spring 2028
Pricing for the 1 to keep open 1 to keep boxed & 1 to sell crowd +10%

Also available now via shady China factory sellers for less than you’d expect.

Our man Anthony (can't remember his forum handle, or I'd tag him, but you're probably all familiar with his YouTube channel The Imperial Communique) uploaded a Q&A with Patrick and Chris yesterday, shedding some light on the newness of the sculpts. From Chris' mouth, "The speeder Bike definitely is - it's all new... This one [commenting on how different it will be from the 2012 Toys R Us version] is super-accurate scale-wise, and detailed out - all sorts o' stuff goin' on with it." and the Biker Scout, "he's been updated, so..." [...so we'll have to continue to speculate on just how updated he'll be?]

The link above points directly to the start of the dialogue about the Speeder Bike + Biker Scout, but the rest of the video is worth a watch if you've got ~13 minutes to spare.

From Chris' mouth, "The speeder Bike definitely is - it's all new... This one [commenting on how different it will be from the 2012 Toys R Us version] is super-accurate scale-wise, and detailed out - all sorts o' stuff goin' on with it."

Good info. But how much "stuff" is really needed in Speeder Bike in TVC scale? And by "stuff" do they just mean "price point" bolstering? I am happy to see it coming, bracing for sticker shock on such a small item.

I can't wait. I just hope it's easier to get than the TRU Speeder and Scout Trooper was. I had wanted to army build them, but only ever found one.

The Speeder bike by itself perhaps, but if it includes the rider I suspect closer to $45-50.

Could be. The 2014 BS 6 inch one was $39.99, the TRU 3.75 version from 2012 was $24.99, so likely has to be in the middle of that.

Could be. The 2014 BS 6 inch one was $39.99, the TRU 3.75 version from 2012 was $24.99, so likely has to be in the middle of that.
...if it were coming out in 2015, then sure. But it's 2022/2023, so I'm setting the over/under at $47.99 and I'll bang the over.

$50 for a 3.75 speeder bike with Scout is not worth it.

Surely all they're doing is scaling it down from TBS mold and will be an almost exact replica, right? Though TBH I don't see a need for a newly tooled version, not unless the old mold is no longer available. Which might be a reason they've never reissued it since 2012?

And as for the price, based on how much everything else has risen since 2014 as in how much Slave-1 has increased from$70 to $200. Then it stands to reason a Speeder Bike would be almost double the $25 it was in 2012. Plus it only makes sense for an actual new tool to cost more to make than a reissue/repaint right?

$25-$30 at TRU back in the day was a little much. (TRU used to remove product if something went on sale) They also had a 2 pack of clone wars speeders for less.

Given the price of the new Slave 1 I fear what ridiculous price they will ask, especially since many of us want to get multiples.

Back