Special Forces TIE Fighter w/TIE Fighter Pilot

Reaction score
I think Uncle Owen's angry retort to that Jawa is a perfect retort against Hasbro right now--"Hey, what are you trying to push on us?"

Reaction score
...and if you thought it couldn't get any worse, feast your eyes on this 'rubber-winged' horror:
I'll bet there are other companies that could come up with a product to match that name.:hmm:

Reaction score
Yeah, both of those toys look pretty horrible. I'll probably stick with my original plan to focus on Rebels related toys and hold off on buying anything TFA related until after I actually watch the movie.

Reaction score
...and if you thought it couldn't get any worse, feast your eyes on this 'rubber-winged' horror:

Can´t wait to see this "piece of sheer Hasbro awesomness" in a reaally hot Summer :awesome: Meanwhile i will search Ebay for some loose 1997 POTF II Wings ... Its so sad since the mold looks not that bad.

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. This can be salvaged with a wing swap. The cockpit looks decent enough. Of course we shouldn't have to buy wings from a 20yo toy to fix the current one but at least there's saving this one. The x-wing, not so much.

Reaction score
I was thinking that. Little Jimmy in Las Vegas or little Timmy in Phoenix or little Johnny in Dallas are going to have some pretty warped vehicles!

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out why the seat in the cockpit is offset.

Reaction score
It looks like the divider in the cockpit is in the middle on the head-on pic doesn't it? The shots of the cockpit looking down into do make it look like it is offset a little, though.

Reaction score
**Updated opinion... Oh, those wings ARE warped. Yikes... Just yikes. I am just so incredibly bummed out over how BLEEPING cheap all these toys are looking lately. I really do LOVE the Vintage TIE -- it was my first BIG toy from the Star Wars universe back in the day and I was sincerely excited about this latest trilogy's update... and then its all just so... MEH.
Oh, well. Money saved -- I guess. But Fun? Lost... :(

Reaction score
Was going to buy 2....... now I don't know if I even want one......

Reaction score
I know it might seem silly, but seeing how this and the X-Wing turned out has nearly destroyed all my enthusiasm for the new releases. I was one of the few who thought the 5poa figs looks pretty cool for what they are, and was planning on spending $100 to $150 on new product. The inexcusable poor quality on these has changed my mind. I might pick up a few things, but I don't even think I'll be lining up at midnight now. Might be kind of a knee jerk reaction, considering these were only a small portion of the things I wanted to get, but somehow it just sapped my excitement.

Reaction score

Search your feelings...you know you don't want these anymore. Save the $100 on the 6" stuff or the 3.75" SA stuff if it is coming. Or on anything that you actually WANT. You'll be glad you did.

Reaction score
Search your feelings...you know you don't want these anymore. Save the $100 on the 6" stuff or the 3.75" SA stuff if it is coming. Or on anything that you actually WANT. You'll be glad you did.
and for when they release a proper scaled black x wing soon after... toys r us and target have both had the bigger x wing mold as an exclusive. They will probably not want to pass up having a future exclusive for this movie

Reaction score
This gives me hope....

Because you have money to spend.....don't mind 5POA...and you are STILL on the fence.

Ive NEVER been as disappointed in a launch of new SW toys as I am right now.

Bear in mind that the UK is going to be paying the pound equivalent for these toys.

And that is just NOT ACCEPTABLE for toys of this quality. And as a toy buying parent and gift-giver....I always screen the toys I give or buy for my son or his friends(on birthdays)

As recently as two years ago I stopped giving Hasbro products and switched to LEGO.

......that will continue on Friday....

before I end this post....the Y-wing mini rig is somewhat an anomaly.

originally a CW release,I wonder is the plastic cheaper and does the toy feel "lighter/more fragile" as a result.

I think this is the only rehash in the entire line.

It will be interesting to compare them to see the extent of Hasbros new "junk product" lines......and to think..I laughed at how hard the 2 inch AOU line sucked.

It suddenly isn't as funny.

Darren

Reaction score
I guess Hasbro expects life to imitate art. We're all junk collectors now too.

Reaction score
For those of you one the fence about the vehicles, do this. That Target coupon is good for a week, not just FF. Skip the vehicles on FF. Enjoy your figures or whatever you had already planned on buying. At the end of the week, see if you still want these vehicles. Don't worry, they will still be there or be re-stocked.

If you do still want them, fine. No one can change your mind but yourself. But if I'm willing to bet after a week of it being available you wont miss it and you'll be happy you skipped it.

Reaction score
This gives me hope....

Because you have money to spend.....don't mind 5POA...and you are STILL on the fence.

Ive NEVER been as disappointed in a launch of new SW toys as I am right now.

Bear in mind that the UK is going to be paying the pound equivalent for these toys.

And that is just NOT ACCEPTABLE for toys of this quality. And as a toy buying parent and gift-giver....I always screen the toys I give or buy for my son or his friends(on birthdays)

As recently as two years ago I stopped giving Hasbro products and switched to LEGO.

......that will continue on Friday....

before I end this post....the Y-wing mini rig is somewhat an anomaly.

originally a CW release,I wonder is the plastic cheaper and does the toy feel "lighter/more fragile" as a result.

I think this is the only rehash in the entire line.

It will be interesting to compare them to see the extent of Hasbros new "junk product" lines......and to think..I laughed at how hard the 2 inch AOU line sucked.

It suddenly isn't as funny.

Darren
This is what scares me. Not to be rude, but I do have the money to spend and don't mind the 5POA as you said, I have all the TIEs released, after thinking about it..... I am gonna buy one, to be a completist for the TIEs..... I..... just am really torn...... I don't want to give up on Hasbro.... I even started buying the Rebels stuff and I hardly watch the show..... My breaking point will end up being disappointed opening this..... I planned on buying two, guaranteed 10000% not happening now.... just one..... plus I actually like the figure that comes with it. So, not a total loss, $30 would be the loss..... even then might try to swap wings for a custom/fix up of this to if those pics are as bad as they seem to be.......

Just... rubber? Like..... I am holding out hope until in hand..... I just feel like I will be disappointed....

Here is to me...... the one stupid collector willing to go for it.......

Reaction score
You don't want to given up on Hasbro, but has Hasbro maybe given up on you as a consumer? If you have all the other TIE's then you have some great toys. This does not match those toys.

Buy stuff you like. You don't owe Hasbro anything. I've found much more enjoyment in not being a completest. The stuff I still own I own be cause it's my favorite. To me, it's like having the best of the best. No one was impressed that I had screaming Mace Windu and other countless awful offerings. If you want it, go for it. But don't do it to be nice. Hasbro is not your friend. You two have a business arrangement, nothing more.

Reaction score
the wings on vintage TIEs were ploythene-type flexible plastic so that they could survive the pop-off feature and dropping to the floor. These just look to be the same stuff.

Reaction score
I've never been so disappointed in a toy line until now. This is depressing. I was hoping of buying one of these, but if they're as terrible as the X-Wing, I might just skip this entire line completely and hope for a replicas company to put something out.

Reaction score
I don't understand why rubbery wings are seen as some massive downgrade from wings that don't stay on. Those vintage wings just flopped off the first turn you took. Most of the time not where they were supposed to. Standing but bending is superior to standing for a minute, then falling apart.

Reaction score
the wings on vintage TIEs were ploythene-type flexible plastic so that they could survive the pop-off feature and dropping to the floor. These just look to be the same stuff.
I have a couple of TIEs and the wings never warped or were rubbery like this TIE incarnation. I actually held this new TIE last week and the wings were bendable, and not at all the same strong plastic of the wings of the old TIEs.

Reaction score
I'm speechless by the about of epic fail of these vehicles.

Bootlegs are of better quality!!!

Reaction score
Just checked "Star Wars Toys Unboxing Event" on StarWars.com I happened to tune in when they were unboxing Poe's X-Wing. They definitely are trying their best to look excited as they open it up and start putting it together. Hasbro/Disney preshow briefing certainly didn't prepare them to the disappointement they felt when having the real thing in hands :p

Reaction score
Hmmm... looks like the horse has bolted... and customising attempts are imminent!

Seriously wondering about transparent epoxy resin, to cover the Radial panels, making them more ridgid...

:|

Reaction score
Just catching up on this thread after the back and forth on the X-Wing thread. That initial Tie pic looks like it has love handles, just weird. I do have to say that I am surprised that Hasbro made it a two seater. Totally thought they'd cheap out in that. Now that we have clearly seen that the X-Wing has possibly already seen a revision as noted by the differences between the one seen in the unboxing event vs. the one posted earlier today we may hopefully see a revision to this Tie that hopefully results in better quality plastic. If you want to get an idea of what I am talking about go to the X-Wing thread. It looks like Hasbro may already be in midst of cleaning up their mess.

Reaction score
You don't want to given up on Hasbro, but has Hasbro maybe given up on you as a consumer? If you have all the other TIE's then you have some great toys. This does not match those toys.

Buy stuff you like. You don't owe Hasbro anything. I've found much more enjoyment in not being a completest. The stuff I still own I own be cause it's my favorite. To me, it's like having the best of the best. No one was impressed that I had screaming Mace Windu and other countless awful offerings. If you want it, go for it. But don't do it to be nice. Hasbro is not your friend. You two have a business arrangement, nothing more.
Ha Ha, screaming Mace was the definitive turd. He deserves a place in museum of WTF moments inhuman history.

Reaction score
For those of you one the fence about the vehicles, do this. That Target coupon is good for a week, not just FF. Skip the vehicles on FF. Enjoy your figures or whatever you had already planned on buying. At the end of the week, see if you still want these vehicles. Don't worry, they will still be there or be re-stocked.

If you do still want them, fine. No one can change your mind but yourself. But if I'm willing to bet after a week of it being available you wont miss it and you'll be happy you skipped it.
I think this is the best advice out there. I know it's difficult to not get caught up in the Hype and all, but if you're really on the fence, it's not like you won't be able to get These toys all fall. Look, Hasbro is going to repack These fighters over the next few years, so you'll have plenty of chances to get it later as well.

To me, if you're on the fence, you probably have enough doubts about buying this Thing, that you probably won't be happy on FF if you do buy it. If by Saturday morning, you're kicking yourself for not buying it, then go ahead and pick it up.

Reaction score
Reading all these threads is making me remember all the excitement and later disappointment I felt for the prequels. Except now, I'm feeling the disappointment first. Lol!

Reaction score
Reading all these threads is making me remember all the excitement and later disappointment I felt for the prequels. Except now, I'm feeling the disappointment first. Lol!
Then hopefully, the excitement is just around the corner.;)

Reaction score
Ha Ha, screaming Mace was the definitive turd. He deserves a place in museum of WTF moments inhuman history.
That figure was a reality check for me. I was going to be a loose completest up until that point. I had almost everything... That figure really made me question why bother. It was the first time I realized they will simply throw whatever at the wall and see what sticks. My collecting dropped off hard after that. So much that I ended up skipping everything after with the exception of about three ROTS figures. I only ended up getting back into it at the end of the Legacy Collection.

Mace Windu probably cost Hasbro $500 from my pocket.

Law

Reaction score
I've got it! I finally understand why Hasbro has taken the steps it's taken with respect to the X-Wing and TIE fighter!

You know that scene in the trailer where we see a TIE fighter attacking OTHER TIE fighters, and there are all these explosions and stormtroopers flying into the air and TIE fighters getting smashed up?

I think this toy has deliberately soft, rubbery wings so that it won't break when kids re-enact that scene. That's right, the way to play with this toy is to just angrily smash it on the floor and through it at the wall and go "BOOM! KPAACCH! PWAAAHHHH!" And then maybe jump up and down on it a few times.

Kids re-enacting the "smash the @#$@# outta my TIE Fighter" sequence would risk serious injury if the wings were made of a sturdier plastic which would produce sharp little spikes when they broke. This is a safer, more durable toy designed for violent play. I get it now.

Reaction score
I've got it! I finally understand why Hasbro has taken the steps it's taken with respect to the X-Wing and TIE fighter!

You know that scene in the trailer where we see a TIE fighter attacking OTHER TIE fighters, and there are all these explosions and stormtroopers flying into the air and TIE fighters getting smashed up?

I think this toy has deliberately soft, rubbery wings so that it won't break when kids re-enact that scene. That's right, the way to play with this toy is to just angrily smash it on the floor and through it at the wall and go "BOOM! KPAACCH! PWAAAHHHH!" And then maybe jump up and down on it a few times.

Kids re-enacting the "smash the @#$@# outta my TIE Fighter" sequence would risk serious injury if the wings were made of a sturdier plastic which would produce sharp little spikes when they broke. This is a safer, more durable toy designed for violent play. I get it now.
Are you on drugs?

Reaction score

I like the way you think. I gotta shot gun and some good shine, I will be over later and we can blow ***** up.