Special Forces TIE Fighter w/TIE Fighter Pilot

Reaction score
Ok, I clearly don't have this yet;

Is there actually seating for two figures in there?
Or are we just fitting two figures in there?

Reaction score
I'm very happy with this vehicle myself, but I luckily got wings that are fairly nice and straight.

I know they are super warped samples out there, and if I had received one of those I would have been very unhappy and returned it ASAP. But fortunately the wings on mine are good, the TIE is well detailed (inaccurate cockpit arrangement aside), the size is nice for swooshing around, and it has a fun, unobtrusive firing missile gimmick. A very good toy, if you get a good pair of wings.

Ok, I clearly don't have this yet;

Is there actually seating for two figures in there?
Or are we just fitting two figures in there?
There are in fact two seats.

Reaction score
well, I was going to post a couple comparison pics of the TIE I bought my kid, but apparently I'm not allowed to post attachments....so, I won't. I will say that I thought the TIE was crap. bent wings, cockpit that's WAY too small. actually the whole thing is just too small. Like the X-Wing. cheap undersized garbage. Gotta love Ha$bro.

(will post comparison pics if when I'm allowed.)

bucket

Reaction score
I saw four at $15bladityblahsomething tonight, but considering how pathetic the wings are on the one I have, I set them sit. Give them to Ethiopian children in lieu of food, Bibles and other books.

Reaction score
Been having a LOT of fun with vehicles now that the DVD is out and the kids are playing a LOT of TFA star Wars.... so advice guys, if I want to army build some more of these what is the current best price going on them online?

I appreciate the help.

Reaction score
One of the wings on my sons Tie Fighter refuses to stay on. It almost as if there is not enough plastic to hold the wing in place. All you have to do is wiggle the body and one of the wings will just pop off. Is there a mod to fix this without gluing it permanently on?

JVM

Reaction score
I had a similar issue. I was excited to finally get a TIE Fighter and ended up placing it in storage downstairs with some other older vehicles because the wing issue was so annoying. I like the action feature but they should be able to stay on...

Reaction score
I picked up a TIE today on clearance, and the wings were super warped. I expected that though, which is also sad...

Reaction score
I picked up a TIE today on clearance, and the wings were super warped. I expected that though, which is also sad...
I got one from Amazon a few days ago, I was hopeing that maybe like the cannons on the X-Wing the wings were fixed, but nope. The wings on this one are so warped you could use'em for a cereal bowl and not spill any lol. I'm going to return it though, oh well may be some day Hasbro will stop using this weak rubbery plastic.

Reaction score
I got one from Amazon a few days ago, I was hopeing that maybe like the cannons on the X-Wing the wings were fixed, but nope. The wings on this one are so warped you could use'em for a cereal bowl and not spill any lol. I'm going to return it though, oh well may be some day Hasbro will stop using this weak rubbery plastic.

LOL @ the cereal bowl comment.

Sad but true though. :p

Reaction score
There are five at my local Wal-Mart marked down to $19. I think I'll wait it out and see how much lower they'll go.

Reaction score
my Walmart still has these at full price. out of the 3 Walmarts near me 2 have them at full price and one has it on clearance for $19.99

Reaction score
Last month Toys R Us in France was giving it for free for a purchase of the huge Nerf Millenium Falcon :awesome: :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Got the last one at my store for $9.00 tonight. They were two of these at $19.00 Monday.

Reaction score
I like this much more than I expected, I thought the cockpit was open like the Inquisitor's, I like the molded seats.

Reaction score

I'm calling my DS dio almost done....but I've been saying that for 17 years : ). The wings are very warped on 2 out of 4 of these, but I'm happy with how they look in the lower level staging area of my DS : )

JVM

Reaction score
If not for the poorly made wings (rubbery plastic), this vehicle would have been outstanding.
This is my first TIE Fighter ever, and I concur. I really like the design they were going for, but the wings not being able to stay on is ridiculous. I love the play feature but the sensitivity should've been checked better.

Reaction score
I just got two of these today. I am also frustrated with the wings not being able to stay on well. any one else glue them or fix them so they dont come off? if so please share details!

Reaction score
I problem with the ship is that sense the figures are 5 POA. They can't be seated back to back in the cockpit like in the movie. They have to be seated side by side with both facing front and back. To me that looks stupid. I would have like it if Hasbro made a 3.75 inch scale black Series version of the SF TIE fighter.