Special Forces TIE Fighter w/TIE Fighter Pilot

Reaction score
Well... they don't even seen to be shifting at £10. My local store had 20 TIEs on the shelf this morning. I got a second one mainly as the single carded pilot is also (still) priced at £10. Kid's delighted and even my wife wasn't that disaproving...

Reaction score
I want to fleet build Ties but I kinda want most of them to be NON SPECOP versions ... is there one with out the red Livery on it? Or any rumors or plans for them? I mean I aint to good to paint but Id rather it be official.

Reaction score
I want to fleet build Ties but I kinda want most of them to be NON SPECOP versions ... is there one with out the red Livery on it? Or any rumors or plans for them? I mean I aint to good to paint but Id rather it be official.
I want that as well, but I don't know if Hasbro would make the effort since a simple repaint won't do. They'd need to retool the ball cockpit (remove second seat, remove rear window, remove the lower turret, re do the back... so change everything), remove the gears from the pylons, etc. They could always release it as an exclusive for $10 more or something I suppose...

Reaction score
What galaxy are you living in?o-o I don't know where the hell am I gonna find a TIE Fighter with TIE Pilot for £10? I've always had my eye on this one, but it's always priced at or around $59-$79 where I am. Funny how different stores decide to sell at their own nominated price and not abide by the MSRP.
Have you found one yet? If not, I don't mind picking one up for you - if I can get another - and sending it over for the £10 plus postage?

Reaction score
I want that as well, but I don't know if Hasbro would make the effort since a simple repaint won't do. They'd need to retool the ball cockpit (remove second seat, remove rear window, remove the lower turret, re do the back... so change everything), remove the gears from the pylons, etc. They could always release it as an exclusive for $10 more or something I suppose...

I didn't realize it was that different, I thought it just lacked the red hash mark

Reaction score
It would probably be easiest just to slightly retool an original trilogy TIE Fighter and recolor it black and white, the Elite TIE has too many differences.

Reaction score
So is it confirmed that the later releases of this toy have less deformation in the wings? If so, I might consider buying a new one and returning the warped wing version that I bought a few months back.

Reaction score
This piece of crap needed a serious fix. Honestly, I felt ripped off at £10. Didn't come with the pilot FFS!

Reaction score
Hardest bit was tracking down a beater big-wing Legacy TIE loose that didn't cost a fortune.
Hand-painting the struts might be a challenge for a lot of folk! I'm no good with masking tape though myself.

Reaction score
The wings are horrible on this thing!

I got my Tie Fighter a couple of weeks before Force Friday and the wings were fine.

Since then though the wings have warped a bit and my Star Wars room doesn't really get that hot or anything and the ship is nowhere near the window.

I have bought 2-3 Tie Fighters since to see if the wings were better on those so I could swap the wings with my one and then take the Tie Fighter back but the wings are just as bad as mine, of not worse!

Just so disappointing considering the rest of the ship is pretty nice.

Reaction score
Wlamart has them on sale online for $30. But considering the QC issues with the wings I think I'll have to pass. Hasbro has really disappointed with these vehicles.

Reaction score
Their two most iconic ships, the X-Wing and TIE, both have warped pieces that make them look like garbage. Inexcusable.

Reaction score
My TIE Fighter isn't warped at all. Been sitting on it's wings on a shelf for months.

Reaction score
$27.99 at Shopko today. I pondered a purchase, but considering how many of you have complained about the lack of quality, and the fact that the cockpit is nowhere near accurate, I reminded myself that $27.99 is just 30 percent off. That's not a clearance - that is a glorified sale.

Reaction score
Wait for clearance with this one. I picked one up for $20 and that felt like a good price. Wings are a bit warped, but it looks great on the shelf.

Reaction score
My TIE Fighter isn't warped at all. Been sitting on it's wings on a shelf for months.
Me too! I love this vehicle! Even with the whacky seating arrangement. It just looks good. It's a good size and it's sturdy. All the moaning about the x-wing when it came out all seems a little over dramatic now. My guns were bent too. So I straightened them out.

Reaction score
Picked this up on clearance for $14.99 at Shopko today. Holy crap, that's a warped wing!

Reaction score
Picked this up on clearance for $14.99 at Shopko today. Holy crap, that's a warped wing!
Its disappointing mate.

I paid $59.00 AUS for mine down here in Australia.

Just not good enough having warped wings for the price we pay for them down here.

Reaction score
Still one of the only things I haven't picked up from TFA. Just can't wrap my head around the price point. Wish I could buy it from Shopko online at that price.

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned the warping problem to Hasbro? I know that the X-Wing cannons can be fixed with heat, but these wings are all kinds of messed up, and it is really an issue of the plastic quality. Either way, $25 is the maximum this thing is worth.

Reaction score
I bought this last week, out of the box the wings were wavy, like a potato chip.

Reaction score
This thing is....these (I am, of course, including the X-Wing on this) could be $15 and I still wouldn't bite. Yes, I would be paying a fraction of the original outrageous price, so that would be a small win for me. But then what? I have a warped piece of garbage sitting on my shelf.

It can't be said enough. These vehicles are a huge disappointment on all levels.

Reaction score
This thing is....these (I am, of course, including the X-Wing on this) could be $15 and I still wouldn't bite. Yes, I would be paying a fraction of the original outrageous price, so that would be a small win for me. But then what? I have a warped piece of garbage sitting on my shelf.

It can't be said enough. These vehicles are a huge disappointment on all levels.
Both my x-wings are fine, its just the tie fighters (normal and jakku version) that the wings aren't 100% straight.

They both started off straight but have warped a bit over time and my Star Wars room doesn't even get that hot!

Reaction score

One of the wings on my $15 model is so warped, it looks like it already crashed.

Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned the warping problem to Hasbro? I know that the X-Wing cannons can be fixed with heat, but these wings are all kinds of messed up, and it is really an issue of the plastic quality. Either way, $25 is the maximum this thing is worth.
Still trying to figure out how to get a gunner in there.

Reaction score
So I tried soaking it in hot water, hairdryer, bending, nothing works to fixed those warped wings. They just bounce back to wavy. Has anyone done any trick that worked? I like the tie pod but these wings are ridiculous.

Reaction score
So I tried soaking it in hot water, hairdryer, bending, nothing works to fixed those warped wings. They just bounce back to wavy. Has anyone done any trick that worked? I like the tie pod but these wings are ridiculous.
Toy Polli said he was going to try something to fix the wings when he got his Tie Fighter but I haven't seen him do a video on fixing them yet.

Reaction score
I can get a second Tie Fighter Pilot into both my Tie Fighters fine.

Looks a bit weird not having the two pilots sitting back to back like in the movie though.
It looks like the pilot and the gunner are having an arm-wrestling match.