Special Forces TIE Fighter w/TIE Fighter Pilot

GNT

Reaction score
Looks like we're getting a First Order TIE Fighter with a FO Tie Fighter pilot:

Who's going to be picking this up? Thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was the one I hope alot on, as I'm not prepared to pay $170 for the 6 inch... but I'm not getting it. $40-$50 for a retooled toy with undersized wings is not my thing.

With that said, the helmet of this Tie-Pilot is clearly larger than the single pack... so there's a chance it's removable like Poe's?

Reaction score
Unless they are meant to stand in the cockpit, i can't see two fit in that eye ball.

Reaction score
This is the one ship I am definitely getting. Falcon, nah, xwing maybe, but this at least looks sturdier than the poyf2 one my son has. I'm in.

Reaction score
Still NOT sold on the red details... It look like some BAD custom job or something... Just NOT very Star Wars to me at all. Odd design choice, Lucasfilm. Just plain strange.

Reaction score
I may still get this, but the fact that it looks like they didn't build an accurate two-person cockpit is really disappointing and moves it to a maybe.

Reaction score
I think the only star wars vehicles ever done accurately for the 3.75" figures have "speeder" in their names.

Reaction score
This looks under scaled like the X-Wing but not as bad. I don't know. I don't want this if I can't have a decent X-Wing to go with it. Hasbro has become so cheap and nasty. What the **** is wrong with them?!?:confused:

Reaction score
Looks like we're getting a First Order TIE Fighter with a FO Tie Fighter pilot:

Who's going to be picking this up? Thoughts on this?
What is up with the Monster truck looking tires on the wings? and why the 2 extra dumb looking gun emplacements?

Reaction score
Also what makes it Special forces? looks like all the other tie's in the film?

Reaction score
Also what makes it Special forces? looks like all the other tie's in the film?
No, it does not. The Special Forces Tie is piloted by two pilots versus the usual one with the gunner operating the bottom turret facing backwards. The red stripe is also unique to this variant along with the additions to the wing connections.

Reaction score
No, it does not. The Special Forces Tie is piloted by two pilots versus the usual one with the gunner operating the bottom turret facing backwards. The red stripe is also unique to this variant along with the additions to the wing connections.
Which is why it is particularly disappointing that this looks like there's no way two pilots will fit in this.

Reaction score
I'm liking this one too. On the putting two pilots in it, they would either have to scale it up pretty big, or make the pod pretty oblong looking. I think the accuracy there would have detracted from the actual look of the toy.

Isn't this supposed to be about $45?

Reaction score
I'm liking this one too. On the putting two pilots in it, they would either have to scale it up pretty big, or make the pod pretty oblong looking. I think the accuracy there would have detracted from the actual look of the toy.

Isn't this supposed to be about $45?
$39.99, So yes, about $45 with tax.

Reaction score
Works for me. :) This is going to be my first tie fighter. -Just started collecting about a year ago.

Reaction score
Welcome to the community then. Good time to start a collection. Stuff can only get better from now on.

Reaction score
Also - I do believe that the radial panels (wings) are slightly larger and more in scale, than past Hasbro 3 3/3 inch 'small-winged' TIE fighters...

I could be wrong about this... and admittedly, I have only been looking at pictures online of the Special Forces TIE comparing with images of Hasbro's past efforts...

:hmm: Hmmmm...

Reaction score
Also - I do believe that the radial panels (wings) are slightly larger and more in scale, than past Hasbro 3 3/3 inch 'small-winged' TIE fighters...

I could be wrong about this... and admittedly, I have only been looking at pictures online of the Special Forces TIE comparing with images of Hasbro's past efforts...

:hmm: Hmmmm...
I believe you may be right, but we'll obviously have to wait until someone posts some comparison photos to be sure.

Anyways, this is something that I'll seriously consider buying. I've always been a fan of TIE Fighters.

Reaction score
I do like the look of the new TIE fighter.I do find it funny that for a movie set 30 some years after ROTJ that the Empire's predecessor is using the same design.I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Reaction score
I do like the look of the new TIE fighter.I do find it funny that for a movie set 30 some years after ROTJ that the Empire's predecessor is using the same design.I guess if it ain't broke don't fix it.
I suppose, though the Tie has the same shape as its predecessor, maybe it has more Capabilities like shields, greater firepower, Hyperdrive etc...The iconic look plus a potential advantage which was unknown until its too late ?!? Otherwise JJ´s just too much into Building Bridges to the OT ;)

Reaction score
This might be the only other thing I get besides the X Wing. One of each, and done on my Force Friday adventure.

Reaction score
Doubt this is a 2 seater, I think in order for that to happen the figures would need to be able to bend their knees... which ain't happening thanks to 5POA.

Reaction score
I zoomed in the image, and compared the pilot to the single pack, and it clearly does appear the Pilot of this Tie has a larger helmet... which could mean a more accurate sculpt or removable helmet?

Reaction score
We operate much the same today. The F-16 fighter is nearly 40 years old. Evidently the USAF recently stopped purchasing them, but other countries are still buying them up. Likewise, the B-52 is 60 years old now and those airframes are projected to still be in service for another 35 years.

Reaction score
I want to get this one. Hopefully they make the more traditional looking TIE Fighter that we see in the trailers as well.

Reaction score
Looks like they got their scales mixed up. Shouldn't this be with 2.5" figures?
I learnt my lesson with the Inquisitor's TIE.
Being stuffed inside a cramped cabin with your legs fully outstretched is an area where Qantas needs to take notes.
Not sure I would buy this on clearance. I have enough proper TIEs.

Reaction score
Posting LadyFerry's comments on the Special Forces TIE fighter (from the Poe Dameron X-Wing thread), as it's relevant:

i just got back from the 'toy store', and had a good look at the TIE Fighter out of the box. My friend was kind enough to show me.

The scale of the cockpit body of the TIE is about the same as regular TIE Fighter toys but slightly smaller, the wings on the other hand are slightly bigger than the small-winged TIE Fighter. The wings are made of a hard rubbery plastic and can bend and warp if you wobble them.

The cockpit only fits one figure - not like the 6" scaled TIE Fighter that fits two. The figure 'seating' is very similar to the TIE Advanced toy from Rebels that was owned by the inquisitor. The figure 'lies' on the 'floor-seat' of the cockpit. There is no proper seat like in the recent large and short winged re-tooled TIE Fighter. It's very basic.

It is made of the same rubbery plastic as the X-Wing.

And very disappointing.
Confirms a few more details about the Special Forces TIE-Fighter.

Reaction score
Gotta say, I'm still excited about this starship (even if the wings are made of a more rubbery material).
At the least: I'm encouraged that the radials / wings are slightly bigger... :)

Reaction score
So frustrated that Hasbro is going micro with these vehicles. I think the Tie and X-wing would have still sold really well if they were more expensive and closer to scale.

Reaction score
So frustrated that Hasbro is going micro with these vehicles. I think the Tie and X-wing would have still sold really well if they were more expensive and closer to scale.
Since the figures are 5 POA, I'm not buying... Since the vehicles are under-scaled, I'm not buying.

So weird that after all these decades of collecting its actually over.

Oh, well... Whad'ya gonna do...