Spanish Colgate Figures List? Rarity?

Reaction score
I have been wondering for a while about the Spanish ROTJ promotion where figures were given away w/ tube of Colgate. I would imagine these are pretty rare--but are they Vinyl Caped Jawa rare or Vlix Hardcopy rare?

Does anyone have list of what figures were included or an idea of value? I would like to add a couple of these to my ROTJ collection.

Reaction score
Pedro12345 said:
I would imagine these are pretty rare--but are they Vinyl Caped Jawa rare or Vlix Hardcopy rare?
More like Vlix HC rare.

Pedro12345 said:
Does anyone have list of what figures were included or an idea of value?
I asked this same question YEARS ago and didn't get an answer and this one shouldn't be much better.

As for a list, there is a Biker Scout pictured in the Tomarts and I'm not sure anybody even knows whose that one is/was and there's a Bib that is pictured every place else but it's all the same Bib and it belongs to Sansweet. I've never seen or heard of another and people have been asking about these for years.

Pedro12345 said:
I would like to add a couple of these to my ROTJ collection.
A couple?
I wish you luck even finding one. I first enquired about 7 years ago and in that time not only have I not heard of one selling I've not even seen one turn up or even seen or heard of one locked in a private collection (aside from the two previously mentioned that have been known about for a while now).

John

Reaction score
I was interested in one of those long time ago. I remember having posted a "WTB" threat, maybe 2 years ago and offered something like 200-250 bucks. That was pretty naive I think. As John mentioned, almost nobody knows of someone who has one or seen one. I think it might really be easier to hunt down a vlix :) good luck

Reaction score
Michael_Vogt said:
As John mentioned, almost nobody knows of someone who has one or seen one. I think it might really be easier to hunt down a vlix :) good luck
There is a rumor that somebody had several years back and opened them for the loose figures but it's never been proven...

Ok, I just dug up your thread from 2003
Paying 200+ for star wars tooth paste
It seems according to Kim that it was starbeanie that owned them. I don't remember Bret ever confirming that though.

John

Reaction score
I am 200% sure that I had a bikerscout and one other back in the eighties they were bought by my grandparents who stayed at Benidorn (spain) for few months every year!

I have a dozen of dia's and on one of them are my first star wars figures. at one picture there is darth vader, atat commander, luke hoth, biker scout. they brought back 2 toothpaste packages and one of them was the bikerscout 200% sure so the other package has to be one of the other atat commander/luke hoth or darth vader.

Reaction score
Well in takuya kubo's book there is the image of the bib fortuna pack in which states to be 70 figures to collect but the image below with a picture showing the back of the packaging show the following figures;
royal guard
logray
stormtrooper
weequay
Imperial commander
boushh leia
bespin guard
vader
squid head
rebel commando
jedi luke
klaatu
ree yees
bib fortuna
at-at commander

The last figure in the image I cannot make out at all.

Reaction score
The extent of Star Wars merchandising back in the day never ceases to amaze me. Can't imagine what the toothpaste is like after 20 years.

Reaction score
anyone know if wicket or lumat or paploo was available with this

Reaction score
Paul_Naylor said:
Chewbacca
I thought it was chewbacca in the image but thought against it when I saw red sleeved arms.

I am wondering if jedi luke included a cloak also or was sold as seen.

Reaction score
lumat said:
anyone know if wicket or lumat or paploo was available with this
Honestly, and not to completly discourage you, but even if they were available the odds of you, or me, or anybody else for that matter seeing one is slim to none. With only 2 having turned up in over 20 years it just looks pretty bleak.

John

Reaction score
Hi John,

Yes I was that idiot. Someone brought me a large box of them. I'll also admit to opening baggied figures to sell them loose since they displayed better in the sales case that way. In the 90's I used to run a toy section out of my brothers comic shop (Destiny Comics). Bill McBride should remember shopping there . Because we were in a DC suburb(lots of transient military and government employees) and this was pre eBay, people used to sell me boxes of all sorts of things including foreign loose(Yak Face) and carded.

Bret

Reaction score
starbeanie said:
Someone brought me a large box of them. I'll also admit to opening baggied figures to sell them loose since they displayed better in the sales case that way.
Hey Bret, do you remember what figures? I don't suppose you took pics before you opened? They'd be great to show on the Archive even if they are no longer around.

This is really one of those times when you need to kick yourself. LOL You probably got $5-10 each for them loose and you could easily get $500+ each now. *sigh* (And I'm really not rubbing it in as I'm probably as disappointed as you since they aren't around anymore)

John

Reaction score
No pics. Digital wasn't an option back then, and they weren't a big deal to me. 20+ of them at least with probably 6 or so different figures. It was at least a year later before the Tomarts guide with them came out and I realized they had significance. Toy Shop, Lee's and Tomarts were the only references. I could actually get Lee's prices for loose figures. My personal loose set of figures is incredible of course since I was constantly upgrading condition as stuff came in.

Bret