Spacetrooper Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #1

Reaction score
Great photos as always Julian! As you can see by the photo I show in an earlier post, the classic bust is a hair taller and just about as shiny. I'll be honest, at first I thought they re-used the classic bust and just added the arms, but looking at them side by side it is clear this was indeed a brand new sculpt.
Thanks, Travis. I realize the classic bust is a little taller, but I was referring mainly to the regular (with arms) Stormtrooper/Sandtrooper sculpts with similar armors, save for the backpack. Is it taller and shinier than those or just the same? -I wonder. I hate coming into my Star Wars room and be surrounded by all these huge boxes, unable to put my collection back out at this point, unable to compare the sculpts. The minute I'll take them out they'll start up again with "another hurricane heading to Miami" LOL

Reaction score
Looking at the box for the Space Trooper... Has anyone noticed how it shows to be : "2019 Premier Guild Gift"? Same for Amanaman and Leia. Haha!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looking at the box for the Space Trooper... Has anyone noticed how it shows to be : "2019 Premier Guild Gift"? Same for Amanaman and Leia. Haha!
Well, when you don't release it until September of 2019 I would say that is accurate even though not correct haha.

Reaction score
That sucks, Andrew. I hope you get it taken care of quickly. As I said before, there are too many reports (as of lately) of folks with broken mini busts. It has to be the way they are packed using this substandard Styrofoam.

Reaction score
Finally opened mine last night. Luckily I didn't have any damage but the bust shifted around so much in the styrofoam that it rubbed rough spots on the plastic bag that covered the bust. Two good size areas on the back side of the of the bag. Plus with all the shifting two of the pads on the base were pushed off to bottom of the base. They were easily reattached.

Reaction score
Finally opened mine last night. Luckily I didn't have any damage but the bust shifted around so much in the styrofoam that it rubbed rough spots on the plastic bag that covered the bust. Two good size areas on the back side of the of the bag. Plus with all the shifting two of the pads on the base were pushed off to bottom of the base. They were easily reattached.
Happy to read there were no issues with yours. It's a good thing nothing broke despite the issue you described with the Styrofoam. As it was for me with the Ahsoka mini bust I bought for my son, the Styrofoam is so thin around where it touched the lower part of the bust, some of it was coming through. Look, I guess we can somewhat ignore the different writing under the base as no one can see it. But when it comes to what protects a purchase, I really think the proper padding around it is needed, even more if that padding is the Styrofoam tray which is part of the actual fabrication of the product as a whole. When we ask for the Styrofoam to be taken back to how it has been all these years, I don't think we are asking for anything out of this world, but just a simple solution to what seems has been causing product to be received in damaged condition.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks like I'll have a headless Spacetrooper available for someone soon.

Reaction score
Ha! I still have the headless McQuarrie Sandtrooper waiting on someone that said that wanted it. I offered/offer it for free + shipping, so it is still available. I welcome your headless Space Trooper to the headless army of troopers. :)

Reaction score
Ha! I still have the headless McQuarrie Sandtrooper waiting on someone that said that wanted it. I offered/offer it for free + shipping, so it is still available. I welcome your headless Space Trooper to the headless army of troopers. :)
Any suggestions on achieving a clean cut for the removal?

Reaction score
Any suggestions on achieving a clean cut for the removal?
I used a small hacksaw for mine. Just hold the bust down with one hand and saw away his neck with the other. Clean cut! Hurts to do it, not physically but mentally. It's like committing a crime. LOL

Last edited:
Reaction score
Happy to read there were no issues with yours. It's a good thing nothing broke despite the issue you described with the Styrofoam. As it was for me with the Ahsoka mini bust I bought for my son, the Styrofoam is so thin around where it touched the lower part of the bust, some of it was coming through. Look, I guess we can somewhat ignore the different writing under the base as no one can see it. But when it comes to what protects a purchase, I really think the proper padding around it is needed, even more if that padding is the Styrofoam tray which is part of the actual fabrication of the product as a whole. When we ask for the Styrofoam to be taken back to how it has been all these years, I don't think we are asking for anything out of this world, but just a simple solution to what seems has been causing product to be received in damaged condition.
I agree. The new Styrofoam allows the busts to shift too much. The old foam would at least "lock" to keep the top and bottom foam pieces from moving in opposite directions. I think if we still had the old style Styrofoam we wouldn't be having some of the issues with the bent guns, broken lightsabers and cracked fingers (Amanaman).

Reaction score
One dummy question. This is PG 2018 gift. Why it says 2019 PG gift in the box? The same with Amanaman.

Reaction score
One dummy question. This is PG 2018 gift. Why it says 2019 PG gift in the box? The same with Amanaman.
That's written according to Gentle Giant's Lunar Year. They live in another dimension where pointing fingers, clenched fits and weird releases are common. Like so, their running year differs from ours, and the box reflects that curiosity. I hope this answered your dummy question.