Spacetrooper Mini Bust - 2018 PGM Gift #1

Reaction score
Spacetroopers were stormtroopers equipped to operate in Zero-G environments. They wore a variant of the Stormtrooper armor fitted with a rebreather pack. They wielded both an E-11 blaster rifle and a specialized heavy blaster. Spacetroopers were notably used to patrol the outside of the Death Star, a moon-sized battle station.During the construction of the first Death Star, Space troopers were used for security on the outside of the station.

Announced as the first PGM gift for 2018, Gentle Giant brought to light this hardly ever mentioned trooper sporting his powerful heavy blaster. Here is the first public view of the development of the character as a concept drawing ...

Last edited:
Reaction score
I’m hoping for the helmet to look less stretched out on this one, the last few Stormtrooper helmets have been a bit off when it comes to the helmet, I’m not sure why? This will be my 2nd gift option as an oversized helmet is more appealing on a display than the potential for a human character that looks nothing like it’s meant to be (although I’m really hoping Leia turns out well, if the artwork is anything to go by I’d be instantly sold).

Reaction score
How long do we have to order the PGM gifts? I ordered my two gifts, but I also want to get this bust, I just don't want to order it now if I don't have to.

Reaction score
Cut off for PG ordering is typically last week of August/First week of September to be guaranteed you get your item.

D

Reaction score
I like how it looks, it’s one of my 2 gift options so I’m happy it turned out as I was hoping. :)

Reaction score
Yup. This one is definitely a grabber as one of my two gift options for next year. Happy to have selected him and Amanaman. Great mini busts to look forward to.

Reaction score
Surprised an O.T. trooper isn't getting more attention. Definitely getting this one. Any pictures of the back?

Last edited:
Reaction score
It’s one of my 2 gift options, so it got my attention..., always like to see a new trooper, this one was a great idea. Now I just want the Snowtrooper Commander & then I think they finally have made all the original trillogy troopers???

Reaction score
Of all the new SW GG busts shown, this is the clear winner for me. I will get this and the Ashoka bust, though I will admit the Amanaman one looks good as well.

Reaction score
Imperial Fleet trooper? AT-ST driver?
I was thinking armoured troopers I guess, I’ve always been asking for an AT ST Driver (for as long as I can remember) & would like to see the Imperial Fleet Trooper made too..., along with the Hoth Rebel Trooper with binoculars they showed us a few years back now but never came to light. :(

Reaction score
Bringing this over here from the SDCC report and resizing the pictures for faster viewing. So glad I pre ordered this guy. Looking at the pictures the Spacetrooper looks great!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I may get a mirror background display case for this one, I think the back is worth seeing. :)
Funny you mentioned that. As I was uploading the pictures I was thinking to myself the same thing. The back of the mini bust HAS to be seen. )

Reaction score
Bringing this over here from the SDCC report and resizing the pictures for faster viewing. So glad I pre ordered this guy. Looking at the pictures the Spacetrooper looks great!
Thanks for posting these additional photos. WOW the details on this are AWESOME!!

Reaction score
Looks great! Already had Amanaman & Leia as my gifts but just pre-ordered this. That massive gun might cause a slight problem squeezing into my detolfs.

Reaction score
That looks like an awkward way to hold that huge gun, especially with his finger on the trigger! I still like it though :)

Also I can't help but feel that these videos are the first step in preparing us for a delay in receiving the gifts, put I'm sure that's just me.

Reaction score
I’m very pleased to see the helmet looks good, had been worried it’d be over stretched like the last couple made, over all it’s a great looking mini-bust & will be a welcome addition to my collection. :)

Reaction score
This was the one (besides the Animated Boba) that made me do the PG this year again. I will say I am very pleased with the look of this.

Reaction score
His jetpack does look great. GG really knocks some pieces out of the park.

Reaction score
Is there no photo reference for it from the set or costumes? Did HT just "guess"?

Reaction score
Is there no photo reference for it from the set or costumes? Did HT just "guess"?
There are the screen shots, then a couple behind the scenes photos (only one of them has the backpack showing, but from long distance) and some RPF guys who found a few screen used pieces that are on this pack and also on the Death Star. Everything else is imagination from HT, and now GG.

Reaction score
Yup. And that is Joe Johnston in the first picture dressed as a Space Trooper. I believe he was involved in the design as well. Looking forward to have this mini bust added to my collection.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So, it's 2019...when are these guys reporting for duty? Gonna end up with demerits at some point...

Reaction score
Bringing this one back to the top for any type of discussion about it, after finding out the Spacetrooper, Cloud City Leia and Amanaman are starting to ship this week. :)

Last edited: