Southern Cali Report

Reaction score
As of 10:30am on Thursday, May 3, the Target on Corbin in Northridge (just north of Roscoe blvd) had a lot of Landos, Tessek, Black Astromech and Jar Jar Tatooine.

By the way... if you're a scalper - I wouldn't go near them - it's a trap you sonsab*tches.

Everyone else welcome.

[This message has been edited by Darth Bonk (edited 05-03-2001).]

Reaction score
Hey Bonk, what's up? You spotted the trip-wire, eh
Glad to see there are other BHCers in this area.

I was there this morning too, I grabbed an R2-Q5 and left hoping that collectors would get there before the scalpers do. I'm surprised that they lasted until 10:30....

BTW, any luck with the Sandtrooper wave?

BPD

Reaction score
Don't worry, my boyz have "something special" planned for the scalpers. They better bring their dental records because they're gonna take a godd*mn beating. We're sick of the bullsh*t!
No, haven't seen the sandtrooper wave yet. Keep ya posted, though.

Has anyone found any of the Sio Bibble, Pit Droids wave on clearance anywhere???

DB

Reaction score
I heard the Van Nuys TRU (the least corrupt TRU in the valley) got Wuher, R2-B1, and TC-14 a lil while ago. No sign of the Sio Bibble wave though....

BPD

Reaction score
Found Simpsons Wave 4 at Target in Alhambra/South Pasadena today.

------------------
"And now a question of etiquette. As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?"

G

Thanks for the post guys, I went to Target (@ Corbin) last Friday, they still have plenty of that wave. I picked up 1 extra R2Q5. I usually don't go to that Target, but hopefully I'll see you guys there. I think all the Targets in SF Valley only got the Lando waves (saw what left of them @ the one in Nordhoff and SFMission). Anyone knows the story why Porter Ranch Walmart don't have the SW pegs anymore? Happy hunting.

Reaction score
KVT- could you email me? Haven't recieved anything lately and just wondering if my email has stopped working. Lando wave here at Target Culver City (Jefferson and Overland). I was there yesterday and they had a Tessek swinging on the pegs. I wish everyone luck in getting the Sandtrooper wave. Happy Hunting.

G

Mega collectible figures by applause have gotta be the coolest. And the fact that they are marked down from 50 to 7.97 has gotta make it the best deal ever. You'd be stupid not to buy it.

------------------
"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist"

G

thought I'd send int he souther southern cali report, I live in Oceanside. Kay Bee in the mall has a ton of Rebel pilots. Toy works in Vista has a bunch of the Skiff guards Jedi Spirits, Tatoine showdown, Mos Espa Encounter, and Rebel Pilots. no sign of Watto's box. As for Wal-Matt, nothing. Northern o'side had a bunch of Mas ameda, Porkins and IG-88. Toys R' us, still nothing new. Anyone can contact me @ Overdose@Raveworld.net

G

If anyone's still looking for the Lando wave, they still have a few left at the Atlantic target in LBC.

Dan shadow tempter

G

I found a MOMC Bespin Luke at Kmart in Buena Park. It scanned at $5. WTF where did this come from? lol

G

Hey people i'm checking in with the southern southern cali report from Oceanside-San Diego. Local target stores seem to have plenty of the lLando wave excluding R2-Q5. Looks like that's the hot one. TRU in Escondido had a s@*t load of Wuher, and suprisingly Dagobagh Vader. TRU in Mira Mesa had a few Chewie Mechanic and Lea Bespin escape. Wal-Mat in northern Oceanside had a bunch of the12" bounty hunters(all four). And finally a little find of my own. Went to Rite-Aid for some cold medicne, and just happend to pass through the toy aisle, and to my amazment had Admiral Ackbar,Lak Sivirak, 8-D8, Ughnauts, and gamorean guard freeze frame. Had to grab these, they set me back about 8 bus=cks a pop though.

G

RiteAid still has those everywhere. The Target in La Harbra has 9 Tatooine Jar Jar's. The La Mirada TRU had a case of the TC-14 wave. The employee crushed the bubbles. I still grabbed them all. Already helped out some fellow collectors with them.

G

Hey, Chewie99 Do you still have any TC14s?

------------------
"Crazy. Toys in the atic, I am Crazy."

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Reaction score
It appears I got the deals of the day. First I found a Soft Goods Qui-Gon for $1.97 at TRU West Covina/Azusa and next door at Wal-Mart I found the new Wave 4 Simpsons playsets (Bowl-A-Rama w/ Pin Pal Apu and Comic Book Shop w/ Comic Book Guy). Here's the deal: each of them rang up 11 BUCKS!! I got 2 for the price of 1. Not bad eh? There was still one Bowl-A-Rama left if anyone is interested. It's on the next aisle over from the boys toy aisle.

------------------
"And now a question of etiquette. As I pass, do I give you the ass or the crotch?"

Reaction score
quick props to HE for hooking me up with the new Simpsons playsets for a meager 11 dollars, plus they had all the Spidey figures so I finally got the two I wanted.

Reaction score
Hey all,
Out of curiousity, how many BHC'ers are from (or hunt in) the San Fernando Valley?
Besides myself, I know of:

Ki Valley Tiger
JediTricks
Cool Hand Luke
Darth Bonk

Anyone else???

BPD

Reaction score
Oooops...disregard this post (so that's what that button does)

BPD

[This message has been edited by Bantha PooDoo (edited 05-16-2001).]

G

If anyone's still looking for soft goods: obi-wan, qui-gon, anakin pilot, & battle dam. destroyer droid, they have at TRU in LB on cherry.
Also, they have a couple of 300th Fett corrected box at Walmart on Carson St. in LB

Dan

G

Cool, Im on my way to the LBC (signal Hill) TRU for a Destroyer Droid army.

Reaction score
Get to TRU San Bernardino, quick. They are putting out 13 cases of the Swimming Jar Jar wave. When I left at 12:40pm, there were 5 Jar Jar's left in unopened cases and tons of the rest of the figures in that Col. 1 case. Good luck, and may the force be with you.

TheJedi

Reaction score
OK, a few reports.

1) TRU in Rosemead had a small army of the 13" Mega Collectible dolls. They only have Obi-1 and Qui-Gon.

2) TRU in Monrovia has a grip of Soft Goods Maul, Soft Goods Obi-1, Anakin Pilot and Soft Goods Qui-Gon. They also have the 13" dolls (this store had about 3 Mauls as well).

3) Target on Huntington Dr. in Duarte/Monrovia has 6 POTJ Jar Jars.

------------------

G

Yesterday I went to Signal Hill TRU and there are no Destoyer droids, jusr master quigons and the sith maul wave. The other TRUs on the other hnad got them in, in full force. LOL poor scalpers.

Reaction score
found a fresh case of Simpsons wave Four at Target in San Dimas just now..

Reaction score
Now thats what Im talking about. Walk into KB toyworks Redlands and walk out with 6 Naboo Fighters, 1 Rebel pilots and 1 Jabbas skiff guards for $42.96. I cant wait til the end of the month when I get paid and can go back. The guy said that they are getting more figures soon, and the cool part about that is that it doesnt matter what figures. If its POTJ, then we get $4.50 POTJ for a couple weeks. If its the same figures that are coming into TRU, (and with this clearence stuff, that usually seems to happen) then we get those for $1 each. We win all the way around. =)

TheJedi

G

TRU in Chula Vista CA had tons of:
soft Goods Obi, Maul and Qui Gonn.
Anakin Pilot and Battle Damaged Destroyer Droid.
No swimming Jar Jar though.

------------------
"Crazy. Toys in the atic, I am Crazy."

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Reaction score
TRU in Pomona had 2 12" 4-LOM.

KB Toys in Fullerton/Yorba Linda had 2 Lando, 2 Jar Jar and a bunch of Skiff Guards and Obi-1 lightsabers.

------------------

Reaction score
Yeah, I found the Sandtrooper wave at Target in San Bernardino last week. =)

MTFBWYA,

TheJedi

G

Just got back from a trade deal between Romba79 & TheJedi in Pomona. We then headed out to the LBC on the hunt. We randomly stopped at a Kmart and found all of the santrooper wave. Best thing was the clerk forgot to ring me up for one of them. Free figures are the best figures. WOO HOO!!

[This message has been edited by Chewbacca99 (edited 05-25-2001).]

G

I was in the Monrovia TRU today and they had a few of each of the Lando wave POTJ figures (except R2-Q5). They also had lots of Episode One figures including (I think) the final E1 remolds of Obi, Qui, and Darth Maul.

G

Stopped into Wal-Mart in Simi Valley today and found two Chewie Mechanics. I took the one with a bad bubble since I'm a loose collector and left the good one there. I'd heard he was bigger than the other figures, but had to see it myself.

Reaction score
I dropped into the Walmart in San Bernardino today and scored Darth Maul Sith Apprentice(POTJ is up to date!)and Slumped Snobi-wan to go with my standing tall Snobi-wan. Then at Target I got another Jedi Training Qui-Gon. I got an extra Sith Maul if anyone wants to trade something for it. Im looking for Security Droids if someone wants to do a 1:1. There are still a couple Mauls left at the Walmart too if someone wants to go.

TheJedi

Reaction score
I need the SA Maul and live in San Dimas. Shoot me an email and we'll see what I can do to get one off you. Thanks!!

Reaction score
Woohoo!! Went back to that same Walmart after work again today and scored a dirty Scout Trooper.

TheJedi