Southern Cali Report

Reaction score
If anybody cares, I saw swimming jar-jar and the BD destroyer droid at TRU in Tustin Ranch. That was it.

------------------
Listen to the 'Kissel
Radio Hour' every Monday
night from 8-10PM.
The Kissel Radio Hour:
The epicenter of mediocre
humor and great music.
http://www.willowbrooktech.com/kisl/

Reaction score
Walmart in Phillip Ranch by the 71/60 has a few BE Liea's and Mechianc Chewebacca. Also the Diamond Bar kmart has a couple of the same figures with all of the other common figures from the first waves.

G

Just saw the Aurra Sing wave at KB's in Simi Valley. They had 2 of Mech. Chewie, Bespin Escape Leia and Aurra Sing. I had to pass on Aurra even though I don't have her yet due to KB's prices, but anyone willing to pay they were there at 5:30 this afternoon.
Good luck

Reaction score
Stopped by @ Rebel Base this A.M. inside Star trader to check out if they had anything new.Well to my surprise they have Sandtrooper Wave Aurra is cluttering up the pegs,saw a few Chewie and 2 Qui-gon armor that have dents on both cards.Well at least i'm glad to know that they are gettin new stuff.YOOHOO!! on the DVD E1 cant wait to get it.

Reaction score
I saw the sandtrooper(dirty) wave at Disneyland on Tue. $10 bucks a pop! But we had such a crappy time that a passed on them and left the park. Time will tell if I acted a fool or not.

------------------
Listen to the 'Kissel
Radio Hour' every Monday
night from 8-10PM.
The Kissel Radio Hour:
The epicenter of mediocre
humor and great music.
http://www.willowbrooktech.com/kisl/

Reaction score
Check this out. I went to Redlands Walmart today and scored a Blast Shield Luke for $1, a Luke/Tauntaun for $7 and a Dewback/Sandtrooper for $7. Very odd I thought, so I got them all. Good for scenes. Maybe this will signal the great flood of returns now that scalpers cant get any money for it. LOL. =)
MTFBWY,

TheJedi

G

Porter Ranch TRU got 1 case of 300th BF this morning. The card is .0200 and this is the first time I've seen them there since last Dec. Good luck and happy hunting.

G

I found some AATs at the Sports Arena TRU this Sunday.
(San Diego)

------------------
"I am the Lizard King!"

G

found 4 Gungan Warriors, 3-Sae Sae, 3-Theed Amidala, and 2-k-3po's at Atlantic Target in LBC. and about 6 Trade Fed. Tanks at Bristol TRU.

GoodLuck,

shadow-tempter

Reaction score
Walmart in Covina on Azusa had a half dozen Boomer Damage Battle Droids and Bespin Capture Hans. TRU next door had ZERO POTJ figures as usual. Someone explain how the worlds largest toy store routinely doesnt have a single POTJ figure.

Reaction score
Target Culver City (Jefferson) got 2 remix cases with the Gungan Warrior and the Coruscant Guards. Also got the Dirty Biker Scout wave a few days ago as well.

G

Anyone find the Ketwol wave yet? Haven't seen a trace of these yet so just wanna get some idea at what stores I should be looking at. Thanks.

------------------
Romba79
BHC Reporter
Romba79@collectstarwars.com

Reaction score
JJKS, I think part of the problem there is that a few years ago, TRU and Hasbro got successfully sued for monopoly-making because the two chains conspired together to keep companies like Price Club from receiving product from Hasbro, and keeping prices at a certain minimum level. It was a huge embarassment for both companies, and ever since then, TRU has pretty much been the last retailer of all the major chains to get new Hasbro product, and they aren't getting more product than other retailers at their level.

------------------
"I am Vader, lord of the Sith! Behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

[This message has been edited by JediTricks (edited 06-27-2001).]

G

The Army Builders are here! I found a case with Mon Calmaris and Coruscant Guards at Target on Palomar St. Chula Vista.
Just in case someone¡­s still looking for these.

------------------
"I am the Lizard King!"

Reaction score
A bunch of 300th Fetts at TRU on Los Feliz in Atwater Village (the little place that separates Los Feliz and the 5 freeway from Glendale and Eagle Rock).

------------------

G

Plenty of Gungan Warriors and CGs at Granada Hills Target (SF Valley) last night. I guess nobody wants them anymore.

G

Stopped in the Simi Valley Wal-Mart tonight and picked up a K-3P0 and Mon Calimari, they had one more of each, plus a lot of CG's and a few Sae Sae Tins. First time I'd seen most of these figures. It's good to see Wal-Mart with some figures on the pegs again.

G

Haven't found anything really intresting or new in the San Diego area. Just a few K-3po wave at Targets. Still no ketwol sigthing. Has anyone seen these anywhere?

Reaction score
Who's having fun loading up on army-builders? Has anyone spotted the Ketwol wave, or a B-wing yet? Let's get this show on the road people!!!

Reaction score
seen plenty of army builders, not a sign of the B-Wing or Ketwol wave yet.

G

Just curios if anyone has seen the Duros Wave, Bespin Han Wave,or Sandtrooper wave in the Simi Valley/Thousand Oaks area. I still haven't seen any of these (or 300th Boba) and think maybe I'm hunting in the wrong spots.

G

Anybody know if the Jefferson Target has gotten the Ketwol Wave at all?

Reaction score
About a dozen Gungan Warriors and Mon Cal officers, as well as a few Senate Guards and K-3POs at Target Pasadena.

------------------

Reaction score
An army of Mon Calamari officers still sit on the pegs over at the Target in Manhattan Beach. I think you can get close to 20 of them. Not much room on the pegs for anything else.

Reaction score
Anybody making a diorama of the Endor briefing room? Here's your bench-filling fodder for the brief, along with some Prunefaces you can pick up at TRU!

Reaction score
Bespin Leia and Chewie Mech appear to be the newest Peg-warmers. KB and TRU have had the same ones there for a week.

Go fig

Reaction score
Target in San Dimas had a few K-3PO, Coruscant Guard, Mon Calamari and Gungan Warriors yesterday.

------------------
"Numfar! Do the dance of shame!"

G

Woo-hoo I got some good stuff today in my wandering. Found the remnants of the Duros wave at Porter Ranch TRU (1 Duros and 2 Sabes I left one Sabe behind) and an IG-88 which I been trying to find for a long time. Then at Target in Camarillo I get the Naboo Throne Room Queen Amidala. My Power of the Jedi collection is now coming along nicely. If only I could find a Boba Fett.
Also the Target in Camarillo had loads of Coruscant Guards, Gungan Warriors, K-3PO's and Mon Calamari officers. I like seeing all these PoTJ on the pegs.

Reaction score
Ketwol Wave and Sandtrooper Wave, 2 cases each, City of Industry Wal-Mart, last night, 5 minutes before closing.

------------------
"Apparently, I'm now a POTJ moderator too." - JediTricks, 7/12/01

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds, POTJ

G

Found Darth Maul Sith Apprentice today at Culver City Toys'R'Us. It was the last one left with a crease in the upper right corner.(I'm a loose collector myself) There were also a few BD Destroyer Droids. These probably won't last long so if you need them I'd get over there quickly.

Reaction score
Industry Wal-Mart is cleaned out for the most part. Hit it up around 1 and all that was left was 4 Sabe (all trashed), Boomer Damage Droids, Han Bespin Capture and SA Maul.

------------------

Reaction score
What's up my people? If anybody finds wave 5 of the Simpsons, drop me a line please.

------------------

Reaction score
Target Duarte had LOTS of Gungan Warriors and a few each of Coruscant Guard and Mon Calamari. Anyone see wave 5 Simpsons yet? If so, STASH THEM FOR ME, and please tell me where they are. =)

------------------

G

I was at the Redlands Wal-Mart yesterday and they had about 10 pegs full of Power of the Jedi. Lots of Aurra Sing, Boomer Damaged Battle Droid, Bespin Han, Dirty Biker Scout, Armor Qui-Gonn, Snowbi-Wan and Sandtroopers. Wish I lived closer, cause this place rocks.

Reaction score
The San Bernardino Walmart has the same selection right now. And it's ok you don't live closer, that Walmart you mentioned really sucks when it comes to figures about 80% of the time. =)
MTFBWY,

TheJedi

Reaction score
Industry Wal-mart has an army of Boomer Damage Battle Droids, Mon Cal Officers, Han Bespin Capture, Coursaunt Guards, K3PO, Gungan Warriors, and 1 Seasee Tinn at around 11am. THey had 10 or so pegs full on the shelf and about another 6 pegs on a small display on the very top left handside.
Target in Industy had nothing but Porkins, Tuskens, Anakin, Farmer Qui Gon Jinn, and an R2-D2. No sign of the simpsons at any of these places except some playsets.

Reaction score
The B-Wing is getting closer.

Friday night I had two on hold at the Target in Pasadena on Colorado. But when I got there, I was told that security found them reserved for me, and took them back into the stock-room. They were sticking to some "release date policy," but when I asked when they'd be available, they didn't even have a solid answer. So I left empty-handed, and the ships still remain in the back.

This afternoon, I found two more at the Target in Valencia, by Magic Mountain, which I also had set aside for me behind customer service. After work I drove out there and scored them both!!! I guess some stores are a little softer than others.

I've been trying Targets all over the area for the past few weeks. I've had more luck on the phone with the DPCI than I would ever have expected. Usually I just ask to be connected to the stock-room. It works!!!

I feel the ships closing in Los Angeles. First Pasadena, then Valencia. Keep your eyes peeled!!! This toy really kicks @ss!!!

Reaction score
Target in Woodland Hills on DeSoto and Ventura Blvd. had POTJ Sandtroopers, Qui Gonn heavy metal, Obi Wan Hoth, Aura Sing, K3PO, Mon Calamaris and the usual suspects.
Also 12" bounty hunters.
Decent selection, but the store smells like ****, though.