Southern Cali Report

Reaction score
What's up party people. I'm creating this thread to keep all the Southern Cali peeps in contact with each other. I talk regularly through email with several of you, but I'm sure there are others that I don't know, and that is why I'm starting this thread. That way I know who you other guys are and where you're from. I'll not only post info here, but I'll contact you all through email. Here's the report for this week:

Found 2 Y-Wings and 2 12" Speeders at the Target in Rancho Cucamonga. JJKS found a Y-Wing at the Target in La Verne. Still no sign of POTJ. Also, for you Simpsons fans, the new figures are out! JJKS, Corey2K and myself have found Pin Pal Homer, Sunday Best Bart, Chief Wiggum, Barney and Flanders. KMart, of all places, is the store getting these figs. I've seen several auctions on ebay for these figs and the Kwik E Mart playset. All the playset auctions are from back east, so they should be hitting the West Side soon. That's all for this week. We'll see next week if these 8/15 and 8/18 dates we've been reading and hearing carry any weight. Late.

------------------
"This could be dangerous. We better make a fort."
"I'll get some pillows."

Reaction score
My bad guys. Forgot to report the KB part. Thanks to a tip from JawaJoe, I scored a Cantina Showdown CS and 12" Return to Naboo Amidala at the KB inside the Brea Mall. They had about 4 of each left. They also had a couple of Rancor Deluxe Beast Paks. No Pilots or Skiff Guards.

------------------
"I'll get some pillows."

Reaction score
Glad you started this thread, Darth.

I checked out the Brea mall the other day and also saw the Cantina Showdown, but I wasn't impressed with it, so I left it there. Glad you got to score one if you're into it.

G

i was at the Brea Mall today and hit up KB and they had the Rebel Pilots. about a dozen of them.

no sign of Skiff Guards...

i already have both so it was no big deal to me but if any of you So Cal guys need a Rebel Pilots, get your a** down there.

[This message has been edited by CoreY2K (edited 08-12-2000).]

Reaction score
Yo DM! glad your back still no signs of POTJ figs at my good ol reliable Target too.You take it easy bro hope to see ya at the forum more often.

Reaction score
CoreY2K: I've been having a difficult time finding the Y-wing. You didn't pull another "speeder bike" on me at all the stores I've been visiting, did you? I'm hoping next week at the Target in Yorba Linda (sound familiar? The scene of the crime!) I'll finally find one.

G

No Anon, i haven't stolen your Y-Wing.... yet! Actually, Target Yorba Linda has sucked so far with the new stuff. I check there pretty often (as well as Chino Hills since they're on my daily route). A lady at Target Y.L. told me that this week the SW stuff would be put out. Of course i take everything they say with a big f***ing grain of salt but hopefully the 15th will be the day.

Reaction score
Thanks Joe, but I'm not actually "back." I'm only here to create this thread and get all the Southern Cali peeps to combine their efforts. I won't be participating in any of the other forums.

------------------
"I'll get some pillows."

Reaction score
The Target on Barranca in Irvine had two 12" speeder bikes this morning. They might still be there if anyone's in need of one...or two...

Nothing else, however.

Reaction score
Another swing and a miss, this time on "8/15." Another supposed "POTJ" date that carried absolutely no weight. Not surprised. I can't wait til Wal-Mart and TRU get into the POTJ act. I'm tired of driving to every Target I can think of just to find NOTHING. I did, however, score 3 of the 4 new Simpsons figures that I needed. Found Sunday Best Bart, Pin Pal Homer and Ned Flanders chillin in a go-back cart at a KMart in OC. Now I just need to find Smithers and the new playsets.

------------------
"I'll get some pillows."

Reaction score
Yo DM wassup bro?i hear ya man this is really gettin frustrating.Just wanna let ya know my walmart in Orange just got their Isle set for POTF figs they got about 12 pegs so i'll check this week and next week,and i'll let ya know.Take it easy goodluck hunting.

Reaction score
Good to hear JawaJoe. I haven't checked any WalMarts around here so I don't know what they're up to. I'm just tired of all this Target BS ya know? We keep hearing all these dates and all this "info" which has turned out to be a load of crap. Let's face it, Target HATES collectors. They think we're all scum. If the stuff isn't being sent out the backdoor by crooked employees that are on some scalper's payroll, it's sitting in the back until "the coast is clear" and they can shelve the stuff without having to deal with anyone. I've seen Speeders and Y-Wings ONCE. And trust me, me and JJKS have hit up A GRIP of Targets. They either say they don't have it, they've already put out what they have, it's in the back and we can't bring it out or we aren't getting any in. It's a never-ending game and I'm tired of it. I'm just gonna wait til TRU and WalMart start getting the stuff. That way I don't have to waste anymore of my time. All these Targets are only getting like 1 or 2 cases anyway. The chances are slim and none and slim just left town. I'm just SO glad I've got my Speeder, Y-Wing and Skiff and don't have to worry about those.

------------------
"I'll get some pillows."

G

Hey fellow so.calers... here's what I've been running into.

On the KB front: found 12" Return to Naboo Amidala, 12" B.B Padme, Skiff Guards, Rebel Pilots and Rancor beastpack. All these were spotted at the Kbs in the Buena Park Mall.

As for Target: I have found all 8 POTJ figures (col.1 & 2) as well as the 12" Speederbike and y-wing at the Target in cerritos, ca. (bloomfield ave.). They still have plenty of speederbikes, at least they did when I was last there. no more figures or y-wings though.

Reaction score
Today I found the Kwik E Mart and Springfield Elementary playsets at the Target in West Covina. This stuff wasn't supposed to hit 'til September and yet on August 17th I have both new playsets and 5 of the 6 new figs. I've had NO trouble finding Simpsons stuff but have had all kinds of trouble finding SW stuff. JJKS and I have hit up more Targets than I can list and we've seen a grand total of 7 Speeders and 3 Y-Wings. This sucks! That's all for today.

------------------
"I'll get some pillows."

G

i was able to pick up the last Kwik E Mart and Springfield elementary at Target Chino (thanks JJKS. sorry i couldn't pick up a Barney; Target Y.L. was cleaned out of all the new Simpsons figs by 6.00p)

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm new to these forums but also live in So Cal (pretty close to most of you judging by the specific Targets that have been mentioned). I wanted to share my findings of the week also. On monday I saw the Speeders, Y-wings and Col.1 POTJ at the Chino Target and on tuesday I saw the Speeders, Y-wings and Col.1 POTJ at the Chino Hills Target (both times the figs were in a local dealer's hands). On wednesday I found all 3 again at the Anehiem Hills (Yorba Linda?) Target and was finally able to get the set of the Col.1 figures. I didn't see any Star Wars today but I did see the new Simpsons figures and playsets that were mentioned at the Target in Rancho Cucamonga. I still haven't come across the Col. 2 POTJ figs yet but it shouldn't be much longer now that Walmart is beginning to get their shipments now. Just out of curiosity, do you guys help each other out when it comes to getting stuff or do you just inform each other of your findings? Take it easy all and good luck on your hunts!

G

if anyone is in the Long Beach area, try checking out the target at South Street, they've been coming out with Y-Wings and Speeder Bikes...if its not there, just keep checking (I got a couple of Y-Wings from there). When I left today, there was 1 Speeder Bike left.

dan-shadow-tempter

Reaction score
i found three y-wings at Target in San Dimas this morning, as well as one case or the Mace 12" wave that looked like it had been run over. Surprisingly enough, I didn't find any figures. Oh wait, I forgot, I've never even seen a POTJ figure so I guess that's not all that surprising after all.

Reaction score
BobaFett77- We all try to help each other out as much as possible. Corey2K, Darth Moore, and myself all know each other outside of the forums and will pick up stuff for each other if we know another needs it. Darth Moore and I go out together hunting all the time and always know what the other needs. I can't speak for them but I'd be more than happy to throw another pair of eyes into the loop to be on the lookout for stuff. With how tough it has been to find figs lately another body out there searching would be great. I live in San Dimas by the way and it does sound like we have all the same stops. Drop me an email if you ever need anything or if you find anything.

Reaction score
jar jar kenobi-solo - Thanks for replying. Sound like a nice little click you guys have going. If you all want another collector to join forces with I'm game. I'd be more than happy to help any of you guys out if you need it. I live in Chino Hills and pretty much hunt on a daily basis. Let me know what you think!

G

someone else on my home turf eh BobaFett? i also live in chino hills and try to hit up the local stores pretty often. i've hit up the exact stores you do over the past couple weeks and have yet to see one ywing, speederbike OR even a single POTJ figure (me too JJKS). i don't know how you guys are finding these. jedi mind tricks or something. anyway, with your luck, i wouldn't mind having you on my team. do you collect simpsons too?

Reaction score
Hey CoreY2K! Good to hear of another Chino Hills collector. What times do you usually hit the stores around here? I have seen Y-wings and Speeders sitting on the shelves for 2 to 3 days at a time. I think the Chino target still has Y-wings and the last day I went to Chino Hills target they still had 2 Speeders sitting on the shelf (yesterday I think?) if you still need or want those. I did come across more of the Col. 1 POTJ figs today (the force has been strong with me lately I guess
). I am still looking for them Col.2 figs though. As far as collecting Simpsons goes, I haven't taken that up (yet). I have thought about starting though since I have seen the new figures that everyone is talking about 3 times this week and liked them. Are you a Simpsons collector?

Reaction score
Thanks Shadow Tempter! Of all the posts I've seen,that Long Beach Target is the closest one to me. I live on Catalina Island and I'll say it again, It sucks to live here when you collect SW figs. Wait a minute, it just plain sucks to live here. I'm gonna try to hit that Target tomorrow. Thanks again and good luck to everybody in finding the stuff you're after!

Reaction score
Scored me another Y-Wing this morning at the Target in San Dimas. Big thanks to JJKS for stashing it for me. There were a couple guys on the SW aisle checkin stuff out, so once I retrieved my Y-Wing, I made sure I paraded past them. Priceless stunned looks on their face. Again no sign of figures.

------------------
"I'll get some pillows."

Reaction score
By the way, for you new guys, welcome aboard. Feel free to contact any of us through email about your finds.

------------------
"I'll get some pillows."

G

Once again, at Long Beach Target South Street there's 1 Y-Wing and 1 Speeder Bike (went there around 11:45 a.m.). But still no luck in aquiring the POTJ.

dan-shadow-tempter

G

If anyone is up near Victorville, spoted about 6 y-wings there this morning with no collectors... err.. scalpers in site. There's a good chance they probably still have them. No figures or speeders though. Good luck!

------------------
Romba79@hotmail.com
AIM: Romba79

G

...by the way, can you guys give me the times and days that Frank & Sons are open?

dan-shadow-tempter

Reaction score
its open on wednesday night from 4 to 9 and saturday from 10 to 5. saturday it may open a little earlier, im not sure, and usually by four everyone is packing up and heading out.

Reaction score
What's up pimps? Looks like we're all gonna meet up this Saturday at the F and S show around 10:30am or so at Nan's booth. If you've never been to the show and don't know where his booth is, feel free to call him at (626) 292-1468 (which happens to be the number for his shop) and ask him to give you easy directions to his booth. Feel free to wear one of those little "Hi my name is..." tags.

------------------
"I'll get some pillows."

G

Hey.. just to let you know F&S does open up early sometimes.. this last saturday I was there at 8:30 am and most of the "dealers" had already opened up. Don't make that many trips up there anymore though, only to pick up the protech cases.

------------------
Romba79@hotmail.com

Reaction score
six stores yesterday and four stores today and nothing to show for it still...when did so cal turn into Canada?

G

I may be a little late on this one but Puente Hills Mall had tons of Skiff Guards, Pilot Scenes and all the Amidala 12" fig's. Also found some very old Beast Wars figures too. Inferno, Black Arachnia, Rat Trap and Optimus Primal. I'm not talking the Transmaetal versions either. I fI had the money and the time to collect BW I wouldand I know what a Black Arachnia goes for on Ebay also...

Stopped over at F&S yesterday and almost got sick. Some dealer had maybe 20 or 30 Pilot and Guard Scene's, 12 Speeder Bikes and maybe 5 or 6 Y-Wings. He was asking $100.00 each for the Speeder Bikes while almost everyone else wanted $70.00.

Reaction score
well its not a POTJ find but i finally got my hands on a Yoda w/episode one logo. one of the few ep. one pieces i still needed. i scored it at echobase toys. Nan was cool enough to set one aside for me since he knew i still needed one.

Reaction score
Anonymous: Echobasetoys is the name of Nan's business.

------------------
"I'll get some pillows."

G

Echobase toys.. is that the big booth with the two asian guys? Think I remember them being either Echobase toys for Rebel Toys, one of the two. I used to get a lot of my vintage stuff from them. Pretty cool guys.

------------------
Romba79@hotmail.com

Reaction score
Romba: Yes, it's Echobasetoys and those are my boys Nan and Tung. Their booth is only half it's original size now that they have the shop. They are cool guys and are great to deal with. Check out the show this Saturday if you can. We're all gonna meet at their booth around 10:30am.

------------------
"I'll get some pillows."

G

if anyone is still looking for the y-wing, south street target has 6 left (3 out & 3 in stock room) as of 11:45 a.m. they should still have em by the end of the day...but no POTJ.

~~dan