Solo : A Star Wars Story **SPOILERS**

Reaction score
Only 5 months to more SW so ship designs will start showing up soon

A pic is doing the rounds that might show the new design MF. Lucasfilm asked it to be taken down and then said it was fake, but it does bear an uncanny resemblence to Kenner's idea for an MF add on. What do you think?

Reaction score
Only 5 months to more SW so ship designs will start showing up soon

A pic is doing the rounds that might show the new design MF. Lucasfilm asked it to be taken down and then said it was fake, but it does bear an uncanny resemblence to Kenner's idea for an MF add on. What do you think?

After seeing the Solo MF image, I paged through the Millennium Falcoon Owners Manual, and there is indeed a Corellian YT-1300 (Armored Hull Configuration) which looks similar to the Solo concept art as well. It's reminiscent of when they had Y-Wings in the Clone Wars cartoon with additional armor plating, which was stripped by the Alliance years later so the fighters were lighter and therefore were able to move faster.

Reaction score
Well, they'll need a new reason for people to by re-buy it at a higher price! lol
Since changing the Radar dish wouldn't justify paying $100 more, they've opted for a larger add-on piece it seems.

Reaction score
Looks like the leaked image was legit, so let the good times roll (again)

Reaction score
Perhaps the forward section is simply removable based on the job / mission, because TFA had concept art of docked cargo in the same section:

Its also interesting that there is some blue deco on the hull, similar to the ROTS cameo.

Reaction score
Yep DS, that's a similar arrangement to what I've seen

Reaction score
Perhaps the forward section is simply removable based on the job / mission, because TFA had concept art of docked cargo in the same section:

Its also interesting that there is some blue deco on the hull, similar to the ROTS cameo.
That was my buddy Jeff Carlisle's idea, way back in the nineties. That's his artwork, in fact. Jeff was a licensed SW artist for merchandise, though I think this idea was something he came up with on his own as fan-art. it was cool to see it gather traction and be adopted into concept art for TFA, even if it ddn't make it on screen. It makes sense of the offset cockpit, which has always been cool, if a little odd. I think Jeff might pop if the idea actually made it into a movie some day. :)

Reaction score
What better legacy could you have :)

Lego leaks are up and as always they're offering the earliest look on ships to come. Solo looks to be a speeder heavy film

Moloch's Speeder

Imperial Patrol Speeder

Han's Landspeeder

The MF (with confirmed nose job)

Reaction score
I love the look of the new Falcon! Seeing a lot of hate for it online but I really think it works as a pre-modified version before Han made his changes.

Lego battle packs don't usually have speeders in them that appear anywhere else but hopefully that Imperial speeder is cannon. Hans speeder looks interesting too

Reaction score
I think I might have seen a photo of the Imperial speeder on set, but we shall see.

I'm afraid hate seems to be a big part of SW fandom these days :(

Reaction score
Hate and SW don't go in the same sentence for me, but I must admit that I'm not exactly thrilled with a Han Solo movie, or what we've seen so far. His landspeeder looks like a flying cassette recorder! Hopefully the HW line will look more interesting, considering these are LEGO.

Reaction score
All three of those speeders appeared in long lens set photography that leaked last year, so they're all legit. I love them, personally. The utilitarian, retro 70s, Joe Johnston-esque design style feels like a really cool direction to go in to me.

Reaction score
Happy New Year Rev! :) Hope you’ve been enjoying the hot Welly weather!

I also love the Solo movie speeders we’ve seen - very 70s, and well-worn in appearance.

Gotta say: I’m actually looking quite forward to seeing the Han Solo stand-alone - and am quietly optimistic about it, despite behind-the-scene reports to the contrary.

It could even be a SW sleeper-hit movie, methinks. Here’s hoping!

Reaction score
Happy New Year Rev! :) Hope you’ve been enjoying the hot Welly weather!

I also love the look of the Solo movie speeders we’ve seen - very 70s, and well-worn in appearance.

Gotta say: I’m actually looking quite forward to seeing the Han Solo stand-alone - and am quietly optimistic about it, despite behind-the-scene reports to the contrary.

It could even be a SW sleeper-hit movie, methinks. Here’s hoping!

Reaction score
Hah! Happy New Year to you too, brother. Yeah, this is the summer we didn't get last year. :)

I'm with you. I'm pumped for Solo despite almost no news and five months to wait. I just love the idea of the one-shot films being self-contained stories within the bigger SW universe. Rogue One turned out great so I am optimistic for this one. I think it also helps that it's set in and the Imperial era, + involves the underworld, so it's sure to have plenty of my favourite Star Wars stuff in terms of design. Here's hoping the cast and story are good, but we can at least count of fun visuals. Fingers crossed for lots of toys.

Reaction score
I also love the look of the Solo movie speeders we’ve seen - very 70s, and well-worn in appearance
Yep. And if they're released as toys, they'll be a in a decent scale (although watch Hasbro turn them into Noddy cars).

Reaction score
That bookmobile looks so dull and uninspired... :(

I like it. Vehicles in Star Wars don't always have to look fabulous. They can look pretty ugly, but still be a good Star Wars design. Just look at the B-Wing. The Stormtroopers are recognisably Imperial, more so than the new troops introduced in R1. Plus we got the same old Death Star Troopers (whatever they're really called when they're not on the Death Star) and classic Imperial officers. Design wise I'm happy with what I've seen so far.

At the back there you can also see the rear of the Imperial patrol speeder.

Difficult to tell with LEGO of course, but Moloch looks like he's either a Ubese bounty hunter or perhaps the same species as Sarco Plank, who was cut from TFA. His presumably human sidekick is called Rebolt. The doggies they got with them are Corellian hounds. They're also releasing a TIE fighter. The Falcon set looks like the radar dish will be slightly different to the ANH version. There's some unknown tall power droid figure there, Han's girlfriend, presumably Beckett (Woody Harrelson's character) and some unknown red dude.

Reaction score
That bookmobile looks so dull and uninspired... :(

I love all of these for their simplicity. There's something very OT SW about such basic shape language and hard lines. The TIE Fighter is a perfect example of this, though it is very difficult for us to judge it objectively after 40 years of soaking into the visual landscape of cinema.

Some more pictures ...

Reaction score
Kewl, cheers for all the pics, guys.
Wow, these look like Kenner mini-rigs, blocky and simplified, very toyetic designs. Hehe, at least they didn't just slap some red paint on 'em. I'm talkin' to you, JJ. ;)

Reaction score

I was looking at that image of the Falcon again and thinking that with its clean, racing-striped paint job and overall sleeker profile, it looks more like something Lando would own, right? In my opinion, the redesign could lend some credence to the notion that we might see it in Lando’s possession for at least part of the film, if not the majority of it. As an aside, while I don’t feel we need to see every bit of previously referenced backstory for Han sandwiched into this movie, him winning the high stakes Sabacc game that made the Falcon his might make for a fun concluding scene. In any case, a dude with Lando’s sophisticated tastes sure wouldn’t go around in a hunk of junk, so it makes total sense to me that the Falcon has had a make-over as compared to the more rough and ready ship we saw Han flying in the OT. Han has spent the intervening years making his ‘special modifications’ and it gives new meaning to Lando’s reaction upon seeing it again at Cloud City: ‘What have you done to my ship?’ :D

Reaction score
I was looking at that image of the Falcon again and thinking that with its clean, racing-striped paint job and overall sleeker profile, it looks more like something Lando would own, right? In my opinion, the redesign could lend some credence to the notion that we might see it in Lando’s possession for at least part of the film, if not the majority of it. As an aside, while I don’t feel we need to see every bit of previously referenced backstory for Han sandwiched into this movie, him winning the high stakes Sabacc game that made the Falcon his might make for a fun concluding scene. In any case, a dude with Lando’s sophisticated tastes sure wouldn’t go around in a hunk of junk, so it makes total sense to me that the Falcon has had a make-over as compared to the more rough and ready ship we saw Han flying in the OT. Han has spent the intervening years making his ‘special modifications’ and it gives new meaning to Lando’s reaction upon seeing it again at Cloud City: ‘What have you done to my ship?’ :D
Technically we don't even know if it was Sabacc. I think that was mentioned in the ESB novel (then expanded upon in various EU sources) but all we know in the movie is that Han says he lost it "fair and square". For all we know they could change it to losing it a different way. What if Han makes the bet that with his modifications and piloting he can make the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs? Maybe Lando even held the previous record. Either way Lando scoffs at the bet and says why not. Then history repeats itself and Bob's your uncle.

Pure fun speculation on my part of course.

Reaction score
Pretty sure that Sabacc thing is canon, especially if you guys have seen The Last Jedi. The item from the MF cockpit that Luke gives to Leia is pretty hard evidence that the production team sees it this way. One could make the argument that the item isn't what we all know it is, and that it isn't in the cockpit for the reason we all know it is, but....I wouldn't take one seriously if one did.

Reaction score
That link wouldn't load for me, but a quick google search netted some results. Loving the simplicity of the designs. This really feels like a 70s production. I love that approach!

Reaction score
Argh! Sorry about the non-starter link: it takes you to the main news page of SWnewsnet, and then you need to click on the news article again (at least in Safari).

anywho - I’m loving the blue speeder! I’m seriously thinking about picking that one up when it’s available.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link SM, they do indeed look a bit small for figure scale ships but we shall see very shortly :D

Reaction score
Yeah - these do look too small for the 3 3/4 inch line - although someone in solo movie toys discussion thread (TLJ forum) has suggested that both these ships are part of the value line of 3 3/4 inch ships (smaller vehicles at a lower price point) - similar to the RO and TFAs offerings of precious years.

hopeing to see better pics! :)

Reaction score
Yeah - these do look too small for the 3 3/4 inch line - although someone in solo movie toys discussion thread (TLJ forum) has suggested that both these ships are part of the value line of 3 3/4 inch ships (smaller vehicles at a lower price point) - similar to the RO and TFAs offerings of precious years.

hopeing to see better pics! :)
Yup that was me! I was going to post here as well but it looks like you beat me to it lol. The Falcon looks to be part of the Value Line. The TIE might be for the 3.75" figures.

Reaction score
Yup that was me! I was going to post here as well but it looks like you beat me to it lol. The Falcon looks to be part of the Value Line. The TIE might be for the 3.75" figures.
whoops! Didn’t mean to not-credit you GoldLeader! I couldn’t remember who posted it, but knew where it came from.

I concur with your theory also! :)