SOLD on RPF CLOSE LOCK DONE PLEASE

Reaction score
Glad you sold it but you also need to remember not to remove the info when sold, thanks!

Original Info:

" Master Replicas Count Dooku Light Saber

Complete minus the brown shipper. Used condition never trooped just displayed in a Detolf. Limited edition number 444. Included is the MR saber, the MR presentation box, the MR presentation box outer sleeve, the MR COA and MR envelope, the MR polishing cloth, the MR plaque and the base and acrylic cover. The saber is in nice condition with no gummy grips and has a nice weight to it. There is minor scratch on the mirrored base very small to the left of the saber in the one picture again it is minor but there and noted. There is some discoloration in the chrome on one side of the blade I have tried to take a picture of that. This is a typical MR manufacturer flaw I noticed this in other areas of my SE edition of the same saber with minor imperfections throughout. However as you can see it presents exceptionally well. $575 shipped anywhere in the US. "

Last edited:
Reaction score
If its sold here I concur. However to date I have sold nothing here and that was clearly stated in post #1 to include where it was sold. So the information does not stay here. However ALL the information is there. However thanks for your input!

Last edited:
Reaction score
If its sold here I concur. However to date I have sold nothing here and that was clearly stated in post #1 to include where it was sold. So the information does not stay here. However ALL the information is there. However thanks for your input!
:confused: A bit confused by your reply but congrats on your sale. With that said, what DT was trying to say was that when you sell your item (whether here or another side), you should just edit your original post by adding where you sold it and how much. No need to remove any original information. This is helpful for future research on current market prices, etc.

The way you've edited your original post (changing title of thread to "SOLD" and replacing original post with "SOLD on RPF) tells us nothing about what was listed for sale: the original asking price, the final sold price, and where it was sold.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hopefully this clears it up,

If I had sold it here I would 100% agree with you. However I did not sell it here. I clearly stated that if you wanted to see all the details on my sale that the entire for sale thread and everything along with that it is still there over on RPF. This assumes that you saw what I had for sale at the time HERE and had expressed any interest. Bluntly There was zero interest and zero PMs about what I had for sale this time.

So For those forum members that DID have at least a casual interest.... they knew where to go to find the info (For those members that did visit the original for sale thread before I closed it) If they wanted they could still find ALL the info on RPF. For the other members, that never looked at the thread to start with I have nothing left to sell so I am not wasting their time.

If had sold here ALL the details would be here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hopefully this clears it up,

If I had sold it here I would 100% agree with you. However I did not sell it here. I clearly stated that if you wanted to see all the details on my sale that the entire for sale thread and everything along with that it is still there over on RPF. This assumes that you saw what I had for sale at the time HERE and had expressed any interest. Bluntly There was zero interest and zero PMs about what I had for sale this time.

So For those forum members that DID have at least a casual interest.... they knew where to go to find the info (For those members that did visit the original for sale thread before I closed it) If they wanted they could still find ALL the info on RPF. For the other members, that never looked at the thread to start with I have nothing left to sell so I am not wasting their time.

If had sold here ALL the details would be here.
You should have read this before posting a thread https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=987501

with that said I found your listing on therpf and will be copying and pasting the info from there here. The reason for leaving the info up is to

1. Ensure a good archive for future buyers/sellers to be able to reference.

2. Keep this section of the forum free from empty "sold" threads.

3. Helps with the search engine optimization of this forum to help bring new visitors to the site.

Reaction score
You are missing the point I did not sell it here. If the item is sold I did not want to drive potential buyer to a for sale thread that was closed. If folks had looked before they can find the info on rpf. I know the rules.

Reaction score
Yes and it doesn't say that anywhere. I honestly don't know what's the big deal? Could it be that the display case you included in that sale was not a MR case? That plaque looks a little off too. I know the Dooku's never came with the little black stand.

Here's what the site admin Chris Wyman said

" Bumping this up as a reminder: Please do not delete your For Sale thread titles or content. Simply add the word (SOLD) to the end of the thread and we'll lock it up. "

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its not a big deal. I would have no argument here if I sold it here. You made it a big deal. I posted where to find the info which you have now cut and pasted. Thanks for crawling up into my thread. Really appreciate that. As to your question on the stand it was indeed a replacement. I still have the original that was destroyed long ago by the USPS (Well at least the base). As to the plaque that is what came with it. I also really love having my integrity questioned here as well in open forum. Makes me want to continue to sell here. I guess my boxed EFX Red 5 x wing goes straight to Ebay. Well done. GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hopefully your buyer knew it was not the original display case as it doesn't explicitly state that anywhere in the sales thread. Also, don't make us the bad guys. If you had read the rules before posting you would know to simply append "SOLD" to your thread and that's it (See Chris Wyman's quote above). Nowhere does it say "only do that if it sells here". You know you're wrong but your obviously too proud to admit it. The reason I'm calling you out now is because I noticed you did it before but I decided to not say anything then, but it's quite annoying to see these empty "sold" threads everywhere.

Reaction score
Hopefully your buyer knew it was not the original display case as it doesn't explicitly state that anywhere in the sales thread. Also, don't make us the bad guys. If you had read the rules before posting you would know to simply append "SOLD" to your thread and that's it (See Chris Wyman's quote above). Nowhere does it say "only do that if it sells here". You know you're wrong but your obviously too proud to admit it. The reason I'm calling you out now is because I noticed you did it before but I decided to not say anything then, but it's quite annoying to see these empty "sold" threads everywhere.
Cry me a river. It wont be a future issue. Well done. "Your problem be will resolved" either way. Two words.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Unlike RPF and other forums where threads are deleted after the deal is over, not to clutter the boards anymore, Rebelscum has a policy in keeping an archive of the sold/traded items through the threads in the classifieds sections. This is quite good when members want to see the price evolution of certain items, for how much they were sold, when and where were they sold etc. IMO it is not a bad policy to have this history archive.

https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=987501

https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1127152

Reaction score
How many times do I have to say if I sold it here I would agree. Bluntly I do not. I even went so far to point where it was sold and all the detail is there. As a forum mod myself I constantly delete dead for sale posts that an OP never closed out. However the gentlemen who calls me out like I have something to hide, insinuates I am a questionable and a dishonest seller I will no longer tolerate. So problem resolved, I will no longer list anything here and I have sold NOTHING here to date. Again really the "perceived problem" will no longer be an issue.

What's next? We should list every sale on Craigslist or Ebay we have made here as a record here as well? No that's ridiculous right?

Exactly like preserving content here for items that did not sell here. Mr. Wise's thoughtful rules are 100% correct and sound.... IF IT SOLD ON HERE.

Again I wont list here. Ever. I will continue to buy here but wont treat the seller like this on a closed or open for sale tread

GC

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure why is so hard to understand the following words from the admin:

"For Sale Posts, Don't Remove Info When Sold.

So, though it's pretty clear to members here that sellers should not remove information from their posts when an item closes, some members are apparently having difficulty actually complying with this."

Or when reading this:

"Must Read If Starting A Thread Here

Hi everybody,

I have been noticing a number of members have been deleting the text of their offer posts and even the thread titles.

As a condition of using this section, please do not do this. When you do so, you cause us to lose important information that the community can use to better understand these collectibles.

When you have a completed thread, or one you no longer want open, simple append "sold, done, lock" or some other nomenclature to the end of your subject."

Reaction score
I'm done Mods please close this thread. Thanks GC

CLOSE DONE LOCK

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is like talking to my 11yo daughter...going around in circles until she finally admits (an hour or so later) that she was just fighting for the sake of fighting. :whistling::grin:

Reaction score
This guys ego is through the roof! Appreciate the help guys but this guy just won't admit he's wrong as seen with all his mental gymnastics he's going through to justify not keeping the info. I've already added the info to my response #3 so let's not keep up this pointless argument and leave it be.

Reaction score
This is the most interesting thing to happen on this forum in 2 years lol.

CLOSE LOCK DONE......ALL CAPS :D

Hilarious.

Reaction score
The argument on GOLDCYCLON's part makes no sense. Yes, he sold the item at another site YET, he used the means Rebelscum provides to create a For sale thread here. Out of courtesy and respect to the collector community, he should have left the amount he sold it for posted here, instead of looking for a loophole to avoid doing so. People visiting this site did not buy the saber, but nonetheless he did use this site as a venue to advertise his sale. The way I see it, it's like flipping the bird to this site's policy simply because no one here bought it, and he sold it somewhere else.

Master Replicas Count Dooku Lightsaber

- $575 shipped anywhere in the US (Sold on RPF)

- The stand was a replacement, not the original
- The plaque was the original

Last edited: