So, is this line dead?

Reaction score
I doubt they can make smaller figures since Hasbro has that license. I like the 12" jumbos. But. I agree it can be hard to find room to store them. Maybe just rotate a few out for display at a time ? I'd love a 12" carded Vlix !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Like many others have noted, I would be in for a 6" line - if the scale/quality issues were addressed and if the card backs were done correctly.

That said, I have every 12" figure that GG ever produced and would buy more if they were created. I always said that "unreleased" Kenner figures such as Slave Leia, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Cantina Band member, Wedge, Tarkin etc would do well - and now Hasbro is starting to work them into the 3.75 "Retro" line.

-Snags
Impressive - do you have a picture of all of them together?

And speaking of a "Vintage" Slave Leia, I always found it funny that early Kenner pics of Jabba's playset showed a capeless Bespin Leia chained up there. Of course, Kenner rejected that one for the final product.

Dax

Reaction score
It's been a while, but last I heard the licencing for Star Wars products was very prescriptive, so not only "6 inch tall characters" but also stating the degree of articulation and the style of product. That's how we can have Hasbro, Mattel, Gentle Giant and Hot Toys all producing 12" tall Star Wars characters but in different product styles ensuring their individual market segment is protected.

So I could definitely see Hasbro producing a realistic looking 6"figures with multiple points of articulation, while DST could produce a vintage stylistic 6"figure with 5 points of articulation.

There's also other possibilities where Hasbro might agree for a fee to share their IP and have another company produce a product that they are not interested in producing themselves. Zero risk to Hasbro and extra profit for nothing.

Of course, the economic downturn associated with current events could severely constrain future products as companies may need to rationalise what they produce for a market that is trying to save rather than spend.

Reaction score
Hasbro would never allow for there to be a competing 6" or 8" figure from another company. Hasbro can't even figure out that fans want more retro 3.75" even after the first wave sold out and had to be put back into production so they certainly won't be "inovative" enough to try a new scale.

Reaction score
I think Gentle Giant could make a killing selling "life-size" blasters, and package them in a retro style.

Reaction score
I doubt they can make smaller figures since Hasbro has that license. I like the 12" jumbos. But. I agree it can be hard to find room to store them. Maybe just rotate a few out for display at a time ? I'd love a 12" carded Vlix !

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
I loved the mini boba fett that came with the Santa Yoda.

Reaction score
This is still a lot of figures still to do. They pretty much got all the first 21 SW figures done. Empire, Jedi and POTF still have a bunch. I would love to see Anakin(Sabastian Shaw) be made. Ev-9D9,imperial Gunner, A-wing pilot, Luke in Endor poncho,