So, is this line dead?

Reaction score
I loved these things, not crazy into them but have like a dozen or so. Looks like it's over. Would have loved an Amanaman, or any other of the POTF figures honestly. Kind of a bummer

Reaction score
I agree. I picked up a lot of these. The 4 pack early bird set was killer. At was a great way to get 4 of the figures I missed( Chewy, Leia,Luke and R2) all in one shot. There were still some figures I wish got the jumbo treatment. The imperial gunner would have been cool.

Reaction score
Ive said it many times I really wish this line could continue as well. There are some awesome figures still missing from the lineup. I'm also surprised they never reissued existing figures with alternate cards or paint. I mean they already have the molds right? I would have loved white beard Obi Wan since that was the version I had as a kid. They did a few like that...brown hair farmboy Luke and brown snake Yoda for example. And they did a ton of Fett variants with the same mold and they all sold out. I imagine other reissues on different cards would have done well too. I will be sad if it all ends.

Reaction score
I guess besides the C3PO with removable limbs through the ambassador program, there's no other ones announced right now. Seemed like for a second there we were getting a jumbo jabba, but that was a couple years ago already

Reaction score
Jabba was going to be REALLY expensive. They looked at quite a few factories to see if they could get him to cost out. They thought about doing a crowdfunding campaign to see if enough fans would be able to get it made. I doubt DST has much of an appetite for that.

Reaction score
I wish the G.I. Joe line had taken off. I'd wager that if they had started off with Baroness, Storm Shadow, Scarlet and Snake Eyes v2, it would have been explosive.
I would've gotten Storm Shadow, Snake Eyes v2, and Beachhead without even contemplating it.
While I thought they were cool, the choices of figures they did make, just didn't make me feel like I had to have them.

As for the Star Wars figures, I don't have a lot of them, just the rocket firing Fett, the Tatooine card Fett and the Han Carbonite, but I love them.
I was interested to see what else they were going to do, shame the line appears to be done.

Reaction score
Yeah, I have some nostalgia for Rock n' Roll, as he was one of the first figures I got back in the day, but he's not "Storm Shadow or Destro" cool. It was just a weak lineup. Even the regular Cobra Infantry guy would have made a great option.

Reaction score
I wish the G.I. Joe line had taken off. I'd wager that if they had started off with Baroness, Storm Shadow, Scarlet and Snake Eyes v2, it would have been explosive.
SPOT ON!! Totally agree! The jumbo line had so much potential and was just a poor start.
So sad both lines are dead now. Same with super powers. So much great stuff we could have gotten. 😭

Reaction score
I picked up Holiday Yoda, POTF Gamorrean Guard, and POTF Emperor in the last couple of weeks. The one I don't have that I really want is the Jumbo Wampa; PM me if anyone wants to hook this old timey Lobot up with a nice price on one

Reaction score
I always liked this line, only have a Biker Scout currently. Still hoping to get one on a SW, ESB and POTF card to have one of each cardback.

Reaction score
I loved this line. I collected the first 12, Blue Snags, Emporer, all 3 Yodas and every Fett...then stopped and sold my Yak & Gammy because they take up so much space.

Reaction score
I agree, I wish GG got at least a few Cobra guys. The mail in Hooded Cobra Commander should be packed in the packaging similar to the Blue Snaggletooth.

Reaction score
I loved the idea of this line; even though I don't currently collect it and don't own any. Maybe some day; when I get caught up and satisfied with the other things I'm into such as Kotobukiya, GG Busts and Black Series. I have no interest in owning all of these, but there are several villains I would love to have: Emperor, Vader, TIE Fighter Pilot, AT-AT Driver, Biker Scout, Zuckuss and Greedo. If the line had continued and they released characters such as the Imperial Dignitary and Imperial Gunner; I would have considered jumping in much more seriously. For those of you who did collect and enjoy this line; I'm very sorry it seems to be deceased and I wish I could have supported it too.

Reaction score
There hasn't been ANY word that the 12" line is dead. We still have C3PO (removeable limbs) coming this year and we can hope something with be released for SDCC/Celebration/NYCC. Also, there has been a PG exclusive 12" choice every year, so hopefully again in 2020. Even if we only get a change at 1 figure per year, I think this line is still alive! I have every 12" figure to date!!

Reaction score
I hope they keep it going for longer too. Also it would be cool if they did Jabba as planned (most of the preliminary work was already finished I assume?). My Jumbo Salacious Crumb needs a tail to sit on. Sorry this is off topic but, xphillips, since you have them all, I'm curious: are there any differences between the droids in the AFX exclusive 3 pack and the single carded releases? I have both Greedos (SW and POTF) and there is a detectable difference between the 2.

Reaction score
There hasn't been ANY word that the 12" line is dead. We still have C3PO (removeable limbs) coming this year and we can hope something with be released for SDCC/Celebration/NYCC. Also, there has been a PG exclusive 12" choice every year, so hopefully again in 2020. Even if we only get a change at 1 figure per year, I think this line is still alive! I have every 12" figure to date!!
Ah, well, that doesn't sound so bad. I was under the impression there hadn't been a new or upcoming release in a very long time. As you said, even if it ends up as one a year; that's far better than death!

Reaction score
I hope they keep it going for longer too. Also it would be cool if they did Jabba as planned (most of the preliminary work was already finished I assume?). My Jumbo Salacious Crumb needs a tail to sit on. Sorry this is off topic but, xphillips, since you have them all, I'm curious: are there any differences between the droids in the AFX exclusive 3 pack and the single carded releases? I have both Greedos (SW and POTF) and there is a detectable difference between the 2.
That Salacious Crumb is one of my favorites; but he's def not in the same scale as the rest. The Jabba scaled to him would have to be 6 feet long probably, which would be awesome

Reaction score
Ah, well, that doesn't sound so bad. I was under the impression there hadn't been a new or upcoming release in a very long time. As you said, even if it ends up as one a year; that's far better than death!
One figure released a year is maybe not dead, but the line is a vegetable and needs a ventilator to breathe

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bought alot of these early on, but a selection - mostly droids and creatures. After it turned over to ESB, my interest dwindled. I may go back and finish out the bounty hunters if the prices aren't too bad.

Reaction score
The bounty hunters seem to be high priced online like Amazon and Brian's, but sometimes you can find deals on eBay. I bought some really cheap jumbo figures on eBay last year to finish out most of my wants. The guy had them all priced at 150 with 50 shipping each, new and sealed. On a whim, I sent over a few offers for 70 each and the guy shockingly accepted them all right away. And he was willing to combine shipping for me too, for one single price, which helped (we had discussed it in advance of me purchasing multiple figures). Turned out he had no idea what he had, he was selling them for a friend who had purchased a storage locker and they were taking up so much space he just wanted them gone. Some were covered with a strange black dust but it cleaned off well. So it doesnt hurt to send an offer and see what a seller says, especially if you can knock out lots of their inventory at once.

Reaction score
ive got 110 figures for sale with 16 of the last 17 ,,,,no ev9 droid,,,no weapons ,,,hats belts and clocks ect got,,if any one would like pictures pm me

Reaction score
I guess besides the C3PO with removable limbs through the ambassador program, there's no other ones announced right now. Seemed like for a second there we were getting a jumbo jabba, but that was a couple years ago already
got 6 of them

Reaction score
It really is a shame this like got canned. Though with space and cost though there are a few figures I would have love to have seen though.

Reaction score
I won't believe it's dead until GG confirms! I'm believing for at least 1 jumbo per year with PG Membership (and maybe a 2nd figure at SDCC/NYCC/Celebrations!)

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Based on the latest Q&A, this line is definitely not dead. Gentle Giant Ltd. is working on a new piece that will fit into fans collections and exploring new ideas that would allow this line to continue into the future.

Reaction score
Based on the latest Q&A, this line is definitely not dead. Gentle Giant Ltd. is working on a new piece that will fit into fans collections and exploring new ideas that would allow this line to continue into the future.
I really loved this line and picked up a few figures. I was hoping to see some more ESB love. GG got all the first 12 out of the way. Shame they didn’t do more of the Joes.

Dax

Reaction score
The bottom line here is..... well, the bottom line. You can see this mentioned with some of the other products that were discussed in the interview. Ultimately you need a minimum production volume to justify the time, effort and cost to make something and as the line moves further away from core characters, the numbers decrease to where it's almost a boutique line.

My interpretation of the interview is that there's one last piece in the line being worked on, and then after that the line will either undergo a significant transformation and be renewed, or it will cease.

I'd be happy to see the line rebooted in a different format as this would be a great opportunity to address some of the unforgivable errors of the past such as off-colour capes and incorrectly scaled figures.

I could definitely see this being redone as a 6" scale or even an 8" Mego style retro line. Those sizes are much more conducive to customers purchasing the whole range and also make it possible to do some smaller vehicles and creatures like Speederbikes, Dewback, etc.

For me personally I think there's only a couple of items they could make in the 12" line that would entice me to purchase them. I can't see myself dropping almost $200 (that's what it would cost here in Oz now) for a minor character like Bespin Guard or Weequay. Right now I would probably only be interested in a Han Stormtrooper disguise or maybe Amanaman for the wow factor.

If they did a 6" line though and did them well (correct to the vintage line and with faithful card designs, without deliberate weathering and obscuring stickers (yeah, I'm looking at you Hasbro) then I'd probably be back in again from day 1.

I would also love it if they took one character and designed an international set of cardbacks to go with it. So Vader for instance sold with a full set of cardbacks from Kenner, Palitoy, Lili Ledy, Takara and so on.

I guess we'll just have to sit tight and see what the future might bring.

Reaction score
I bought a few of these , and would probably buy a few more if they were interesting characters that I really liked. No interest or room to try to collect them all.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I wonder if some new jumbos from The Clone Wars and Rebels could breath some life back into this line ? These are just some pics of customs I pulled off the net , but you get the idea.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'd be happy to see the line rebooted in a different format as this would be a great opportunity to address some of the unforgivable errors of the past such as off-colour capes and incorrectly scaled figures.

I could definitely see this being redone as a 6" scale or even an 8" Mego style retro line. Those sizes are much more conducive to customers purchasing the whole range and also make it possible to do some smaller vehicles and creatures like Speederbikes, Dewback, etc.
I'd love to see this line rebooted in 6" or even 8". I'd definitely jump in. Always thought 12" Kenner figs were way too large anyway. Then add on the plastic clamshell, where tf are you supposed to store all that if you have say, 50 of them?

Reaction score
Like many others have noted, I would be in for a 6" line - if the scale/quality issues were addressed and if the card backs were done correctly.

That said, I have every 12" figure that GG ever produced and would buy more if they were created. I always said that "unreleased" Kenner figures such as Slave Leia, Rebel Fleet Trooper, Cantina Band member, Wedge, Tarkin etc would do well - and now Hasbro is starting to work them into the 3.75 "Retro" line.

-Snags