So I was organizing my stuff today....

Reaction score
And I got to thinkng...

Do I have too much shh..stuff? Most of my collection is in boxes in one room of my basement. I have my figures in original packaging boxes. I stopped buying 2 of each back in 2001 but except for repaints and about 20 ROTS figs I have them all. I relaized I should have kept up on their organization the last few years 'cause my saga 02 to OTC's were rather unorganized. I printed the lists off from rebelscum and labeleed what I could like OTC 2004 1-12. Man I wish they had been numbering these guys all along! So I just went through my 3 3/4 guys but man the room is still sooo full. all my comic boxes. the boxes for my Kotos my BMF box is in the way. Not to mention the 2 boxes I filled with Indiana jones guys. I've been wondering WHY?

Why am I doing this? Most of my CC debt is wrapped up in that room. Am I getting any enjoyment from this? I will admit, I love the OTC cards. They make figures look really cool, but the 2002-2003 saga figures are rather dull. whya am I still buying this crap?

Reaction score
I was thinking this same thing....ALL YEAR, enspecialy today. I had to go downstairs to storage this morning and move stuff around, to figure out what I want to sell of non SW stuff. I got 25, TWENTY-FIVE!!!! OVERLLY FULL boxes of stuff I want to sell out of that room. And to add to that, I've got 45 plastic tubs FULL of either Star Wars, Jurassic Park, or Micro Machines stuff.

I also asked myself "WHY?!", and then I told myself "You idiot, WTF?"
I can't STAND to see it all. Absoutly, can't stand it one bit. Its overwhelming. It seriously makes me want to go crazy and just scream. 45 FRAKKIN' boxes FULL. PLUS, the empty shipping containers, boxes,etc. from what I opened.

I threw some of the cardboard boxes away, and I DEFFINTLY feel within the next year I'll gained enough confidence to have thrown most of the boxes away. I want to sell the 25 boxes of stuff at a Garage sale first, and then I'll move onto SW stuff. So look for it before Christmas hopefully. Its just way to much stuff for one person to have. Just WAY to much.
I've got the 45 bucket of stuff I want to save...I want to elimintae 15 buckets before the end of the year. (Considering the fact my little collection room thing (AKA closet) is just about empty, its literaly ALL down there. And seeing it, to know the carded figures fill up 15 buckets worth of plastic tubs. Just wow. Extremly depressing.
I seriously didn't know I had this MUCH STUFF.
I'll go through it all after the garage sale, and I deffintly plan to sell stuff. If I don't well, I'll go crazy.

Reaction score
I am with you guys. I came to this realization about three years ago when I had something like 250 carded figures, probably twice that many loose and nearly every vehicle. Been trying to thin out the collection ever since. What is the point of having all of the stuff if it isn't on display or worth at least as much as you paid. Why spend money on stuff to put into boxes and store, likely never seeing a return on the initial investment. I sold nearly all of my POTF2, POTJ, Episode I and Saga figures and I bet I lost at least 60% of what I paid when I sold them.

I only plan to keep the VOTC lines carded, the TAC McQuarrie figures, a few carded exclusives and a handful of other carded figures. Loose figures and vehicles I am still sorting out. Right now I have an "office" which houses most of the stuff in my house that I will keep but I have a bunch of other stuff I want to sell in my future son or daughters bedroom that I need to get cleared out of there in the next three months before he/she arrives around Christmas. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What I have found really disturbing lately is when I buy the GI Joe figures. I have none on display, I open them all up and then put them in a box. Why? I had 6 in my hand the other day that I was prepared to buy before I asked myself what I was doing and then only bought the one.

For the people who post here that buy nearly everything (I am not knocking that by the way) I wonder what they do with all of it?

Reaction score
Darth_Cain said:
For the people who post here that buy nearly everything (I am not knocking that by the way) I wonder what they do with all of it?
Well thats the major beef I have against myself, because I used to be a completist, and if I would of just picked and chosen the ones I actualy wanted, I could of saved $200+ a year. The whole thing realy makes me PO'ed at myself. It would ok if I could resell it, and make 75% of my money back, but the stuff is worth next to nothing.

Reaction score
I do the same darn thing. I have tub after tub. When I sell my stuff it is rock bottom just to move it.

I went through some of my things the other day. I have everything from Muppets, Star Trek, He-Man, Transformers and GI Joe. I think they are mostly impulse buys.

I am hoping to finish my collectible room shortly. That way I can display things properly.

I think the bottom line is that it makes us happy because it reminds of our childhood. I have been much more selective lately. I used to buy every figure, ship, you name it. I have since stopped and refocused on exclusives and my favorite characters. This has saved me some.

Reaction score
I got to 75 carded ROTS figures before I came to the realization that I needed to open and display them otherwise it was not fun. So I did. Then my display got crowded and I'm currently in the same boat as you guys. With me it's moe of a "why did I just buy this vehicle, if it's only going to pile on top of my podracers, which are sitting on a Cobra Rattler, piled up on my Terrordrome?" Now I'm trying to re evaluate my collection. I'm glad I had a big buying break this year, to clear my head and focus on the display aspect of collecting rather than the constant struggle of aquiring.

Reaction score
My cousin and I are in the same situation. Neither of use have been completist for a few years now, but still we have so many freaking figures that you don't want to see for half what you paid for. We've been considering just opening everything up and then bagging and boxing them all back up. Still not as cool as displaying them, but think how much space we'd save in storage.

Heck, half the time I see stuff go for more loose on eBay than MIB. I think that is just because there are more idiots out there like me that don't want to be the guy who opens it up.

Reaction score
I started to realize the same thing when we just moved into our new house. I have decided to just finish my vintage items, and Fett collection, plus any figures that I REALLY think look great. You all know that they will be producing and reproducing every minor figure in the Star Wars galaxy far into all of us getting our retirement checks.

Reaction score
We have all have OCD............ it's coming to terms with it that will make us stop. My wife is starting to convince me that I should quit, and that it would be in my best interest.

But it's so hard, so starting off I am not going to buy large storage totes anymore. This "should" help, knowing that I have nowhere to put them just might keep me from buying all the new stuff.

Reaction score
Well I don't like the fact that evry SDCC I see things I don't think I can live without!

I put all but 3 of my Micromachines "heads" playset things in the garage sale, and alot of TPM items. I have no idea why I have them anyway.
Got almost all my Nascar stuff from nearly 10 years ago in there, and about a table and a half of assorted junk, as well as all my legos and GI Joes from when I was a lad.

After this I'll be going through my SW basic figures I guess.
(Gotta afford $120 worth of fabric for my Joker shirt.
)

P.S. - We all hands down have OCD.

Reaction score
I only collect certain factions(CIS and Jabbas Guy) which saves me money and i sell off some older figures as well.I have a good amount of stuff but not a ridiculous amount.

Reaction score
I have a ridiculos ammount.

Well, garage sale day 1 (of 2), the hours were 2:00 to 6:00, but we realy started 1:00 - 6:30. Sold $189.00 worth of stuff.
Only sold about 1/3 of whats out there though.
I do beleive I'm going to drop the prices on some of my stuff, the larger items that cost more,etc.

I have two boxes of siz 1-gallon bags of Legos, I have $20 on them, and no one wanted to give my $20 for each of them.
One lady wanted to buy my GI Joes seperatly, and I told her I didn't want to, she stood around for like 20 seconds, put the box on the table, and told me she'd take them all for $20. However it had $20 on the box, so that was just fine.

The highlight of the day? Bikini extremly short jean short clad women.

The lowpoint? "So you like SW? I bet your a Trekkie then too."

Reaction score
Day two of garage con....boring.
Made $140 exactly. And I got rid of another 1/3 of the stuff. So mabey I need just one more day to sell it all. Mabey half price or something even. I just don't want to see the stuff anymore.

Gonna start going through SW stuff next week I guess, shooting for mid October.

Reaction score
We where open for the third day 2 hours.....I made $2.75. LMAO!!!!!!!! Ended up giving evrything else away, but NOT ONE KID wanted the SW stuff.
Not even for free.

Oh, and also, OFFICIALY; NO LEGOS. So stop PM'ing me about them. I SOLD THEM. SOLD !

I went through some of my carded SW figures....Went from 16 boxes, to 11 boxes. So I've got 5 boxes FULL of carded figures right now. And I'm hoping to get that down to 7 boxes by mid October.

One box is full of carded VOTC figures, so the 20 of them takes up the entire box. One box is POTJ. One box is ROTS. 2 boxes are of Saga. Two boxes are full of TAC and Saga 2. and 2 of them are full of POTF2,TPM,etc. And then two boxes are full of Deluxe figures from all the lines.

I've got 5 or 6 BIG cardboard boxes full of vehicles, and then I've got countless MIMB vehicles.
Oh, well, I'm taking a step in the right direction. I'm going to go through the carded figures again here in a few days, as well as the vehicles. I've also got to figure out whats in storage. It wasen't in my room, so I think its proboly Micromachines and assorted "junk" items.

Reaction score
TIE_Pilot23 said:
Word!!!...Open and display...done
Couldn't have put it better...I can only think of 8 figures I haven't opened...CIII Vader (Waited in line 2 hours for) Lava Reflection Obi and Anakin, Stormie Lucas, Target Exclusive Clone, SWShop.com Covert Ops Clone, And Silver Anniversary R2 and Clone. That's IT. Everything else has been opened and I'll usually set up 2-3 displays at a time...

Reaction score
Well, its that magical time of the year. For me anway. I've officialy got 136 carded basic figures, and 28 carded deluxe figures I'll be selling here with-in the next week or so. What do you guys think I should do to ship them though? I thought about doing nothing but Priority boxes so I could have a flat rate and be insured already on them all. It'd be alot quicker to have 20 boxes ready to go then to look for a bunch of diffrent ones, thats for sure. Just find the one that fits a ton of stuff in it.

Hopefully I can narrow my collection down some more. I'd like it to be under so many boxes, you know?