Snowtrooper (Johnston Concept) - BD48

Reaction score
Maybe thats why I like it so much. I've never bought multiple concept figs before with the exception of custom fodder, but I'm going to build a small squad of these guys. Well, if I ever see them again that is.

Reaction score
Yeah, I am glad I bought this guy when I saw him, because he was the only one I have seen so far!! I like him. He is different, but still cool.

Reaction score
The only concept fig. I purchased this year (last year). Fantastic sculpt, great design, and a nice addition to the concept portion of the line.
Couldn't be more pleased with how this one turned out.

Reaction score
I guess I'm a bit biased because I'm just not big on making figures that never made it past concept art, but it is a nice looking figure.

Reaction score
That Treasure has to be around here somewhere.

Are we going to split it three ways?

{the quiet sound of breathing}

SNAP .... HISSSSS

My name is Conner McCloud from the clan McCloud.

There can be only one!

Reaction score
Definitely the best looking of all the LC's concept art action figures; however, it's also the only figure I've not seen advertised on the cardbacks of the TESB wave. An error most egregious, it is.

I particularly like the blue armor on the upper chest and upper arms, around most of the waist and on both hips. The red "v" on the helmet is, of course, the most striking feature. And I can't forget giving kudos for the cloth-goods skirt!

With all due respect to Joe Johnston, I can see why this design wasn't chosen for the Snowtroopers. Although it may have worked for Stormtroopers working inside the "exposed" areas of Imperial bases on icy planets, for attack troops, you really want the all-white coloring for stealth.

Still, what a bonus it is to have gotten two concept versions of the Snowtroopers! WTG, Hasbro.

Reaction score
How small is he compared to the other newer Snowtroopers, because he looks tiny.

Reaction score
I got this figure today, and he's really great. I didn't like how he looked in pictures, but he's much better in person. I like him far more than the last concept Snowtrooper.

This year's concept figures (except Anakin, who I never saw) have been much easier for me to find than the TAC ones (I've seen each once, where in TAC I only saw Vader, Chewie, and the Rebel Trooper). I still hope they make future figures a bit easier to get a hold of, though, as the concept figures are consistently popular.

Reaction score
I bought several of these online from one of the army builder stores since I couldn't find them in person. They're totally awesome and look great mixed with with my army of VOTC Snowtroopers and McQuarrie Concept Snowies. I've incorporated two Turbo Tanks into my Hoth display, one manned by Johnstons and the other by McQuarries
(I don't know if I'll have room for some new AT-ATs, I might have to actually sell some of my old ones)

Reaction score
soulydyes said:
I bought several of these online from one of the army builder stores since I couldn't find them in person. They're totally awesome and look great mixed with with my army of VOTC Snowtroopers and McQuarrie Concept Snowies. I've incorporated two Turbo Tanks into my Hoth display, one manned by Johnstons and the other by McQuarries
(I don't know if I'll have room for some new AT-ATs, I might have to actually sell some of my old ones)
Can I get the name of that army builder store? I wanted to army build this guy but it's been hard finding him. Bought one from a scummer and found one at retail. Both are displayed...even cut off the entire fabric skirt on one. Now I am just hoping to find one to keep MOC. arrghhh

Reaction score
PU_2_EU said:
soulydyes said:
Can I get the name of that army builder store? I wanted to army build this guy but it's been hard finding him. Bought one from a scummer and found one at retail. Both are displayed...even cut off the entire fabric skirt on one. Now I am just hoping to find one to keep MOC. arrghhh
I second that. Can you pass on the name of the store? Thanks!

Reaction score
Mr Curto said:
FORUM FIRST LOOK!

Today's Photo Archive update kicks off a new series of updates featuring the action figures from the LONG-awaited wave 12, including this Concept Art Series figure from The Empire Strikes Back...Joe Johnston's Snowtrooper!

Be sure to check out the legs on this guy...I don't know if anyone has actually take a look "under the skirt" before, but those legs are pretty detailed!

Enjoy!
Looks like the new Snow serpent officer is aking a leak in that second pic!

Reaction score
War_in_The_floor said:
Yep, he is, all over the regular Snow Troopers that came in the UBP a few years ago.

Reaction score
Tontus314 said:
War_in_The_floor said:
Yep, he is, all over the regular Snow Troopers that came in the UBP a few years ago.

Never understood where sand or dirt would have come from on Hoth, an ICE planet.

Reaction score
DSIILuke said:
Tontus314 said:
War_in_The_floor said:

Never understood where sand or dirt would have come from on Hoth, an ICE planet.
Maybe they salted the roads on Hoth.

Reaction score
DSIILuke said:
Tontus314 said:
War_in_The_floor said:

Technically Hoth isn’t an Ice Planet in the literal sense which it would actually be a complete ball of ice. Really it is still just a ball of rock covered in ice. So technically (as we can see in a few shots of Hoth) rocks are still visible on the surface. So a Snowtrooper would still be able to get dirty if he were to slip or fall on one of these rocks. As for sand – it is still entirely plausible since the area on Hoth ESB is the temperate zone, for lakes to sometimes form (as can be seen from the globe shot of Hoth) and I would suspect maybe even shells (or some type of Star Wars Ice alternative) could be crushed and could form sand. I am also under the impression (never been to the snow) that snow is very dirty in actual fact. So I think it is entirely plausible for Snowtroopers to be ‘dirty’

Reaction score
I would imagine that the dark rock in Finse, Norway (where ESB was filmed) is actually old volcanic rock but I'm no geologist.
Also, aside from air pollution, snow is fairly clean until it hits the ground.

Reaction score
I just checked mine and it's the corrected version. I got it off ebay back in December i think, when prices for this guy were still reasonable. I wouldn't mind getting another one but they quickly sold out at TRU.com and i haven't seen ESB figs localy for over a month and a half.

Reaction score
This is quickly becoming one of those "now that I see it in person, I like it a lot more" kind of figures for me. Next time I see him, I think I'll [censored] this guy up. It's a great sculpt, and initially I thought it looked too non-Star Warsy, but now I'm changing my mind about that. It could fit in as a sort of ultra, elite commander-type Snowtrooper.

Reaction score
Found this snowie at TRU yesterday and opened him up last night and I LOVE him. Wasn't all that excited based on pictures, but holding him and posing him with some other imperials really makes me appreciate him now.

Reaction score
Funny you should say that, it was quite the opposite for me. When I got it delivered I was full of excitement and was expecting this one to be one of the highlights of the wave. Turns out it doesn´t do a lot for me; only the Bespin guard and R2-X2 I really like

Sol

Reaction score
Finally found this at WM earlier tonight! Man, this figure is awesome! Just hope I can find a few more...

Reaction score
Same here, I snagged an extra in hopes that someone would want to trade me an extra snowspeeder Luke... any takers? Anyone interested? Urbnns haha?

UPDATE: I got my Luke, thanks for the offers!

Reaction score
AgentClaret said:
Same here, I snagged an extra in hopes that someone would want to trade me an extra snowspeeder Luke... any takers? Anyone interested? Urbnns haha?
Thanks for thinking of me, but I don't have an extra Luke Snow-walker to trade. If you're looking for anything else, let me know. I'd be interested in acquiring it from you.

Hey, with all the chatter about this guy I'm surprised nobody mentioned that his arms are on totally wrong (as in factory error)! On the original photo of the figure from comic-con, and on the correct photo of the figure on the back of the card..the silver "pads" are on the outside. But on the final product, they are on the inside. I'm surprised Hasbro let that one slip by.

Reaction score
AgentClaret said:
I have an extra Snowspeeder Luke, dude. I don't really want a Concept snowie, but I recently learned with the 2 I put up for trade that for some reason people like them a LOT.

If you need a Snowspeeder Luke, I will trade you for it for sure.

Sol

Reaction score
Picked up my 2nd concept Snowtrooper tonight at Target. I think I'm leaving this one carded as the card looks to be in pretty good condition...

Reaction score
Have 2 for trade currently. I love the way they look but ultimately I opted to trade them since I only collect figures prominently onscreen.

Looking for TLC Codys and a MOMC TLC stormie in trade, maybe a TLC slave leia if you have one of the other 2 as well.