Snowtrooper Collection Focus **JAN 11 New FB Page-No longer updating this thread*

Reaction score
Missed this forum when I first got on here, but I wanted to introduce myself. I've been active in the 501st Legion since 2009, and since 2013 to present, the 501st Blizzard Force Detachment Leader. I am absolutely in love with all things Snowtrooper, and happy to be a part of this costume/prop building community.

While I have been gathering snowtrooper items here and there, I didn't necessarily devote much effort or what little $$ I had towards it. I have decided in the last month or so to catalogue, record and expand my collection. I've stated in another section, that while I jokingly said I wanted to be the "Steve Sansweet of Snowtrooper collecting," it is not to be taken literal. While I'd love to be able to, I simply do not have those resources, connections and let alone the finances.

My current focus goals are acquiring the absolutely rare/one of a kind items and moving on from there. I am currently bypassing select items at the moment simply due to the fact I know I can pretty much acquire them at a later point in time, where as I have far less an opportunity with the one of a kind/unique items.

From my recent scavanges, it's notable to state that some of the more unique items I've found have been in countries outside the US, namely Spain, as I've got a mini-helmet that was part of a Spanish-exclusive mini-helmet series, and as of right now (on it's way) a lead cast (I know lol) snowtrooper chess piece, that was also a part of a larger star wars chess piece series.

So, it's stuff like that I'm looking for. I know for sure, the absolute goal of this collection, outside of ever owning a screen used piece of armor/costume, is the Uzay Blue Stars. Probably on everyone else's list here, but It's kind of funny to me how one of the rarest figures on earth happens to be a bootleg snowtrooper figure.

Oh well.

Anyways, I'll probably update this thread as I move forward, but I've currently got my facebook album to record my collection that you can view:

https://www.facebook.com/chrishwilliams85/media_set?set=a.10210538066943755.1073741886.1108230101&type=1&l=6f95155c56

I'll add that if you feel you've got something unique that can be added that you're willing to part with, please message me! I'm not rich, unfortunately, but would like to work out deals...thanks!

-TC

Reaction score
Wow Christopher. That is a really great collection of snow trooper stuff.

You could touch base with Sergiu. His focus is OT Imperials, so he may be able to advise on some Snowtrooper stuff for you.

Reaction score
Wow Christopher. That is a really great collection of snow trooper stuff.

You could touch base with Sergiu. His focus is OT Imperials, so he may be able to advise on some Snowtrooper stuff for you.
Thank you!!

I've noticed his interest in the snowtroopers, at least over in the SideShow/1:6 scale figures section. Discussing the snowtrooper commander figures. Gonna need to find a shelf for these figures at some point, maybe get a case for them to stave off the dust

Reaction score
Ikea Detolf's are a great place to start.
I agree. I built 2 of them for my mother for her bedroom to display some of her own personal stuff. The thing holding me back is that I'm just indecisive. I've got a room to myself to display my props and whatnot, but I've not been able to decide how I want to finish out the room. It's connected to my primary workspace for my prop building but I occasionally will use the connected room for spreading out work, as well as hosting prop-building parties.

So I've debated about making it strictly a chill spot with a sofa or 2, and all my displays or keeping it relatively void of furniture and leaving it as an available workspace.

Just don't want to have any dedicated prop display room to be used for any prop building..

Reaction score
Love all the Snowtroopers you've gathered. That's a very cool Snowtrooper collection. I did not see a couple of Snowtroopers in your pictures, I'm assuming you still don't have, that could be nice additions and I can highly recommend: the McQuarrie concept, and the film version mini busts by Gentle Giant:

Reaction score
Love all the Snowtroopers you've gathered. That's a very cool Snowtrooper collection. I did not see a couple of Snowtroopers in your pictures, I'm assuming you still don't have, that could be nice additions and I can highly recommend: the McQuarrie concept, and the film version mini busts by Gentle Giant:

Thank you!

I actually did own the concept snowtrooper bust several years ago but, alas, gave it as a gift for a friend. I've known about the ESB Snowtrooper since it was released, but honestly just never got around to getting it. Ill further add I also owned the mini-snowtrooper commander bust they did, but gave that away as part of a detachment give away.

The bottom line is that I just need to stop giving my snowy stuff away as gifts lol

It's on my list to get again, I've been keeping an eye on a few.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got this piece in on Saturday. Planning to make the full suit eventually, but the helmet is the first step and will move towards getting this helmet painted and finished. This particular helmet is accurate to a degree that owning a cast from or owning an original TFA Snowy helmet would be the next best thing

Last edited:
Reaction score
Latest addition. Lead-cast snowtrooper chess piece that appears to have been sold exclusively in Spain, in 2011

As much as I like this piece, it's the epitome of inaccuracy, second to that of the original vintage snowtrooper figure.

Reaction score
Congrats on the new additions. I especially like the chess piece.
Thanks! It's the obscure stuff that I love

Just arrived last night- 2011 GG Ralph McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper mini-bust. Used to own one several years ago before giving it away as a gift. So far I've just got this and the TFA Snowtrooper one, so I'll need to get the last 2- the regular snowtrooper and the smaller Commander bust. My intent to have all my full scale helmets on display w/ the busts displayed in front of each....I do have a McQuarrie concept replica helmet on it's way shortly as well

Reaction score
Arrived last night- Ralph McQuarrie Concept Snowtrooper helmet replica kit by Adam Trussoni. He included the cowl material/template and "cowl hanger." Will be fun to paint up and finish!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Some new additions:

2012- Star Wars Celebration 6 Topps 501st Legion Snowtrooper Sketch card - artist unable to be ID'd

2004- Topps Star Wars Heritage Snowtrooper Commander Sketch Card by Matt Bush (actually have another one of the same drawing from the same set on it's way)

2015 - TFA Snowtrooper Mini-helmet, exclusive in Spain

2016- Lego Christmas Advent Calender Snowtrooper Figure

2017- August issue, German Lego magazine w/ exclusive snowtrooper (still in bag, unopened)

Reaction score
New additions after my birthday this past weekend! There's one item I can't post here, unfortunately, as it was a gag gift and might get me banned if I do, but it's on my facebook album

From my detachment, they put this together for me. These are one-off patch "proofs" made when determining the proper color to use for these 12" shield patches. Upper left being the final version. Being a collector, owning one of a kind pieces like this is awesome!

My girlfriend got me this piece commissioned, created by Brian Hoang, featuring a snowtrooper commander and Montross (mando/Bounty Hunter from EU/Legends) in a event-style poster. Both of these characters I have costumes for and wear regularly, so this was a nice homage to both. "For Blizzard Force" is a saying I coined at Dragoncon one, very intoxicated evening, so there's a reference there

Last up, is a wonderful idea that 2 of my friend got together to make for me, my buddy came up with the idea and our other friend, who's a graphic artist, produced the piece. It's an IKEA style instruction sheet for building an E-WEB blaster. She gave me the first 2 prints, each numbered. She's offering these as well on her etsy page now

Reaction score
My Latest acquisitions from this month:

1980 Burger King The Empire Strikes Back glass featuring 2 snowtroopers in the art. Pristine condition, as if it was just made yesterday.

2017- Psychedelic Snowtrooper Custom Figure #1 of 5, by TD 5491 Phenix Customs

2017- Snowtrooper commissioned Sketch Card on official Tops Star Wars Evolutions card, by Scott Jones

Last edited:
Reaction score
So I've decided since I've been expanding this collection fairly quickly, much to the girlfriend's begrudging approval, I decided to make a separate facebook page for this, rather than just keep it all in a random album.

I've sorted the collection photos so far into varying categories to better organize them.

Looking at things, I may eventually try and produce better photos, but that'll take a bit to do..

I don't think I'll continue to update individual threads, like this one

https://www.facebook.com/TheGlacierThatRides/