Snowtrooper - 40th Anniversary

Reaction score
Maybe the one pictured is just a recycled figure from earlier runs? They reused a lot of promo shots for 40th.

Reaction score
The white should have a itty bitty dap of yellow in it and the beige should have dap of white. Then it would have been perfect.

All white stands out in the snowy surroundings as does all black in the night.

Reaction score
I guess my priority is screen accuracy over prop accuracy...
One could argue that prop accuracy is screen accuracy because the lighting makes the costume appear lighter or darker depending on the scene. Besides, often, what we "screen accurate" with regards to color is just individual perception. Since they can't please everyone, they just went with what the actual costume's colors were, and consequently the figure will appear lighter or darker depending on the lighting of your home/your individual perception, just like in the movie.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was going to get a Snowtropper but the color choice looks horrible, IMO. They should have used a value of white like a light gray instead of that awful looking tan color. The Hot Toys pic posted earlier looks spot on.

Reaction score
I must be the only one who just accepts that the jumpsuits haven't been the color we've thought they were all this time. I for one love this figure. The tan does take some getting used to, but it isn't that big of a deal to me, and if Hasbro didn't change it for this rerelease, they ain't changin' it anytime soon. Just like I'm never getting a "proper" Death Squad Commander in gray tunic and pants with a rank badge.

Anyway, bring on the Snowtroopers!

And a Snowtrooper Commander! And please, Hasbro, for the sake of maintaining consistency, give him a tan jumpsuit too. Don't pick him as the figure to "fix" it to appease the guys who can't let go of all-white Snowtroopers; otherwise he'll stand out and it'll be like how dang near every 3.75" Imperial officer had a different shade of gray, green or grayish/brownish/greens from the one(s) that came before them. My priority at this point is consistency among the the figures (for this same reason, I'm against scaling up astromechs or updating the basic Stormtrooper helmet sculpt).

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's just the blue/brown debate all over again. Screen or prop accuracy? Your choice.

Though I don't care if the prop outfit was pink, even if it looked white on the screen. Especially when every previous figure for the past 40 years was white.

I want a prop accurate IG-88 with a plank of wood for his feet.

Reaction score
But isn't the actual snowtrooper commander all white / broken white off and on screen?

But yeah, we're all well over due the snowtrooper commander.

Reaction score
If only to complete the AT-AT crew.

And to have someone to lead the Snowtrooper grunts. Sure, Veers works fine for that, but, being a general, dude's got better things to do than personally lead ground troops (another reason why I really want a generic Imperial officer for the Death Star Troopers and regular Stormtroopers), even if he is the lead-from-the-front kinda guy a la his obvious inspiration, Erwrin Rommel, or at least the inspiration for his officer-issue battle gear, which can be said to be true for all military officers with goggles on their hats or helmets; Rommel was a trendsetter.

The Snowtrooper commander would require a new helmet and mask sculpt and at least a retool of the current torso to add the lieutenant's rank badge.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The lady said just the kama specifically, but the images don't look different at all to me. Definitely disappointing, I mean we've had decades of Snowtroopers why do they insist on messing this one up?
Yeah, I see zero differences, which is odd since it was specifically and voluntarily mentioned by the design engineer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I'll wait for in hand confirmation if it's been toned down, and the loose hip joints were addressed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I army built the heck out of this guy when he was showing up at Ross and places like that. I'm good on my quota of Snowtroopers.

Reaction score
I'm not surprised this debate is still going on about the soft parts coloring. Yes, the figure has issues, like the flat dome and the fact that these people STILL put the backpack on up-side down. Seriously this has been going on for years and it's ridiculous these marketing people can't ever take literally 1 second to look at visual reference.

As for the soft parts, yes, the colors are correct to the film, particularly the duster. The issue here is that unless you stare at reference of the costume, you're not going to take into account how the film quality and lighting between what you see on screen, what you see in promo stills and what you see in current day photos, you're going to have a very narrow minded perception of what it's "suppose to be" VS what it actually is. I can agree that the pants should be a bit lighter in color/more white but it's not much of an issue IMO. The starkest contrast in weathering the soft parts should be the belt pouches and the screen used ones were significantly darker/more weathered which contrasts sharply with the rest of the suit.

The actual hard armor, weathering withstanding, was bright white just like the TK's in the films. Most reference you'll see is under poor lighting conditions that make the armor appear more "yellow," and it doesn't help for general people's perception that the only mostly complete costume in the archives has yellowed with age. Yes, ABS plastic does this.

Boots, well, they didn't do them completely right the first time, and they certainly didn't change anything here. The overall sculpt is good, accurate to the stock boots. Mixed weathering, some were much cleaner than others. My beef is that they retained the stock Mukluck boot laces/D-rings on this figure's sculpt. No, the screen used Mukluks did not retain these D-rings and laces. There's several on screen wearing modified Mukluks that for some reason or another had faux laces attached to them, and these specific boots existed as early as the 60s as they were used for some Ice Warrior costumes in a old episode of Doctor Who. But that's my beef with them.

In referencing the Hot Toys Snowtrooper, I'll tell you they're certainly the most "screen accurate" representation of the ESB Snowtrooper in a product, however, I do feel that the pants are much too dark if you're wanting to talk accuracy.

I'd like to see the final figure in person but for the most part it doesn't look like they did anything at all. The helmet dome is still flat, there's virtually no weathering on the armor and the backpack is still missing colors and details. I can't say I'm honestly surprised but it's still disappointing.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd be fine with the figure just the way it is if it had a cloth Kama and a little bit of forward tilt at the ankles. At least I now have instructions on how to make a cloth Kama. If I can find them. :)

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised for this one returning so early as he seems to be well stocked already at various online shops etc. I hope this doesn't cause him to pegwarm too bad simply because they though he needed to be out for ESB Anniversary. he also sin't going for insane amounts on ebay like some others are.

Reaction score
For all its faults I do like the BS Snowtrooper quite a bit. But I have to admit I was hoping for at least a couple little tweaks for the 40th release.

Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised for this one returning so early as he seems to be well stocked already at various online shops etc. I hope this doesn't cause him to pegwarm too bad simply because they though he needed to be out for ESB Anniversary. he also sin't going for insane amounts on ebay like some others are.
If nothing else, there are worse things to have peg warm than army builders.

Reaction score
I keep seeing hopes for a Snowtrooper Commander. Count me in the group that thinks it's a boring and lame design. I hope there is a reappearance of Snowtroopers in the new media and they tweak the designs of both. I really like the Rogue One Stormtrooper. It's one of the few things Disney has gotten right. The old Snowtrooper is kinda frumpy if we're being honest. The Commander even more so.

Reaction score
I keep seeing hopes for a Snowtrooper Commander. Count me in the group that thinks it's a boring and lame design. I hope there is a reappearance of Snowtroopers in the new media and they tweak the designs of both. I really like the Rogue One Stormtrooper. It's one of the few things Disney has gotten right. The old Snowtrooper is kinda frumpy if we're being honest. The Commander even more so.
I'd love if they did a 6" Commander, but you're better off them doing another hodge podge of the standard snowtrooper and the commander like their older 90s-early 2000s lines have been.

The old Snowtrooper is kinda frumpy if we're being honest. The Commander even more so.
That sir is a one way trip to the Gulag

1595871508868.png

Reaction score
I pre-ordered a pair of these on the promises the colors would be tweaked in the live stream... Well they weren't and while Pulse apologized I "misunderstood" them they will only return them if I pay the shipping.

Anyone here want one?