Snowtrooper - 40th Anniversary

GNT

Reaction score
The Snowtrooper will be reissued in the 3rd wave of the Vintage carded 6” line. It’s a great figure.

Anyone going to be picking this one up?

Reaction score
I'm hoping they change his colors to be more white and less tan. I'm doubtful but if they do I'm replacing my squad of 4 with them.

Reaction score
Have the boxed version, definitely want one on the ESB cardback...
Anyone know the full wave? Heard of this one and Boba, not sure what else...

Reaction score
I'd be interested in grabbing another one on the card back. One of my fave figures as a little kid.

I've got three already, but kept one in the black and red box. Maybe hang up the card back instead and open the last boxed one?

Reaction score
I will be picking this up. I didn't dislike the black series one but I really wish the helmet sculpt was improved upon. Current forms of it are wonky and make it unique to this figure, rather than accurate to the source. I'm asking for too much, I wish they'd just make a 6" Snowtrooper Commander....

Reaction score
I will be picking this up. I didn't dislike the black series one but I really wish the helmet sculpt was improved upon. Current forms of it are wonky and make it unique to this figure, rather than accurate to the source. I'm asking for too much, I wish they'd just make a 6" Snowtrooper Commander....
There are quick fixes to this, if I remember correctly, in the original thread. But it goes without saying that we shouldn't have to do this ourselves.

Reaction score
Oh ya, I’ll definitely get one. I have one from the original release, but I imagine the 40th anniversary card will look great.

Reaction score
Looking at a thumbnail, I almost thought the kama was soft goods and got excited, but nah. Will probably pass, since I've got a pair of Snowtroopers already

Reaction score
Depends on what I find first, this reissue or the old boxed one on secondary market for decent price 😉

Well, Wave 3 seems to be a cheap one for me

Reaction score
Was hoping the mud weathering on the boots was going to be avoided, the beige would have been substantially lighter. 😣

Reaction score
I keep going back and forth on this one. They did say they toned down the beige to be more accurate. I'd have to see the old version and this one side by side.

Reaction score
I don’t see much difference in snow trooper weathering.

Reaction score
The lady said just the kama specifically, but the images don't look different at all to me. Definitely disappointing, I mean we've had decades of Snowtroopers why do they insist on messing this one up?

Reaction score
Your signature sums up my sentiments about this snowtrooper...
It's too bad,but I guess we will have to wait and see.
It just looks like it wasn't fixed at all on colors etc, but they also did not have a Leia ready for the TVC reveal, so who knows.

Reaction score
"Toned down" my ass! Still looks like he completely pissed his pants, and then rolled around in it for good measure! HARD PASS.

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if their policy is to strictly only use limited reference material and ignore the films all together.

Considering how they based the position of the probe droid's fifth leg which is only like that in the battle front game, it's clear they have access to a tiny vault of reference, or really don't care and just chew things out based off the first image from a Google search.

Reaction score
Makes me wonder if their policy is to strictly only use limited reference material and ignore the films all together.

Considering how they based the position of the probe droid's fifth leg which is only like that in the battle front game, it's clear they have access to a tiny vault of reference, or really don't care and just chew things out based off the first image from a Google search.
can you explain the fifth leg thing to me?

Reaction score
I’ll be grabbing a few of these, one for keeping carded and some more for army building.

I hope they have improved the posture on this one, the two I have got barely stand up even with a stand.

Reaction score
can you explain the fifth leg thing to me?
Sure. They attached the fifth leg at the bottom of the extended cylinder part instead of being attached to the upper part like the other 4 legs.

In the battle front game it has it like this, but in the original it wasn't. In fact, the Disney die cast has it correctly attached in line with the other 4 legs.

I posted pictures confirming how it should be in it's thread on the last page, and credit goes to the guy there that pointed it out first.

Reaction score
I’ll be grabbing a few of these, one for keeping carded and some more for army building.

I hope they have improved the posture on this one, the two I have got barely stand up even with a stand.
I just saw a review of this issue in one of Robot's fwoosh reviews. Again, mind boggling how this past through quality control.

Reaction score
Ugh, they really just went ahead with that crazy tan color again, huh?
I'm not sure about the real color, but on the dressing the Galaxy book for Star Wars, the explain the snowtrooper was not white but the color the figure is, will try to take a picture later and post it, and all the pictures the color is not white but looks like the figure a lot. I think we are so used to think is white and on the movie looks white (lighting and all the white environment), and the original figure was all white, and most of the 3.75 figures are white, that we think is white, but is not, just the same argument most ppl have about the parka on Han Solo Hoth outfit.

Reaction score
I totally get your argument, but on screen they look white and like you said, most of the figures are whiter. It's like the xenomorphs in Aliens. The props were actually brownish but the lighting made them look blue.

I guess my priority is screen accuracy over prop accuracy...

Reaction score
I don't understand why they didn't use the same plastic / paint as the range trooper...