Snowtrooper - #35

Reaction score
That Snowtrooper looks really nice man, like a totally different figure now. The weathering on the armor tones down the stark white color so much that it really blends in well with the cream jumpsuit. Excellent job!

Reaction score
It's a shame we can't edit our posts here.....needed to make corrections and additions. I'm going to have to repost then.

BOBBY

Reaction score
Hi guys, I received my 6" Black Series Snowtroopers a few weeks ago, but it has been a busy holiday season, so I didn't have a chance to post pictures of my modified figure until now. Overall Hasbro did a good job, but it wasn't a home run like their smaller VOTC Snowtroopers. I do like the increase in articulation in the hips, ankle and wrists, but felt the likeness was slightly off, and wished the paint application was improved like in the debut line of 6” figures. So I whipped out the modeling tools and paints and got to work. Here are the results:

As illustrated above, I found the helmet dome too tall and squared off, so I rounded off the edges with a Dremel tool, then sanded and polished it. The eyes were the correct shape, something most companies sculpt incorrectly, and I repainted it to better accentuate its shape. The armor was then painted with gloss white and weathered with dirt in the recesses. The cowl was then trimmed shorter to be more accurate and allows for better neck and head movement.

I find the molded plastic skirt to limit the figure's ability to move, so I replaced it with a fabric item. The figure was placed in boiling water for one minute, and pulled apart at the waist joint. I then separated the belt/skirt/pouches assembly free from the hips. While it was still pliable, I cut away the plastic skirt, trimming around the belt and pouches. The original skirt was then used as a pattern for a cloth replacement. It was cut from a white cotton sheet, and dyed in coffee and weathered gently with paint.

The thick dark grey paint Hasbro used for weathering on the boots were removed with non-acetone paint thinner, and a little bit of the top portion of the ankle joint at the foot was trimmed away for better flexion and articulation.

Comparison to the original:

Classic Kenner ESB pose:

And a few more pictures:

I hope everyone enjoys the images!

BOBBY

Reaction score
^^^

Wowza! That looks fantastic! Really amazing attention to details, but also the little bits here and there that allow the articulation to shine as well.

Reaction score
Looks amazing. Id have kept the sculpted kama, but that's a personal preference.

Reaction score
You can separate these wt the waist without cracking open the torso?? Is it that way on most Black Series figs?
It depends on the figure: some of the torsos are made with soft plastics, while others are not. I haven't picked up a 2nd snowtrooper yet, so I couldn't say with this fig.

Reaction score
Just got my second in the mail today. I think 2-3 more and I'll be happy.

Reaction score
Does anyone have any comparison pictures of the "clean" Snowtrooper with the "dirty" one? Or did I misunderstand there are two different versions?

Reaction score
The Game Stop here in Garner still only has TFA-era stuff, but the one in Zebulon had one Snowtrooper. I didn't get him, though, so any North Carolina residents who live in or near Zebulon and know which Game Stop I mean (I do not know the specific address, but it's by the Walmart there) can go snag 'im if they so desire.

Reaction score
Ack I missed it! Now the only ones for $15 dollars have nearly $8 in shipping. I cannot believe Hasbro is not shipping these and the AT-AT Driver in solid cases, or at least repacking them in the coming waves.
It's a double edged sword for them. As many people whine about repacks as clamour for them. Personally, as someone who takes fairly lengthy breaks in collecting, I'm all for them. A lot of people would whine that Hasbro could have put out Elis Helrot instead

Reaction score
I wasn't going to get this cause the only place in Canada that has it is Walmart and it's online. I wanted the clean kama version. Finally saw two at a store today and picked them up.

Reaction score
It's a double edged sword for them. As many people whine about repacks as clamour for them. Personally, as someone who takes fairly lengthy breaks in collecting, I'm all for them. A lot of people would whine that Hasbro could have put out Elis Helrot instead
A figure like this is the perfect example of what should ship in a solid case. They sold solid cases of OT Stormtroopers, and those did very well. Of course that was when they were four to a case instead of six. But I'm sure a lot of people would snap them up.

Reaction score
How is this snowtrooper in quality and design towards the FO version? I had the FO version a while back and it was quite terrible.

Can this one naturally hold the gun two handed and how restricted are the legs?

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I literally JUST missed out on one of these from Amazon for less than 10 bucks! I added it to my cart, tried to check out, and they were gone.

Reaction score
I really love this figure.
If I had a top ten list of the faves from the BS6 series so far, this one would probably make my top five.

Reaction score
I literally JUST missed out on one of these from Amazon for less than 10 bucks! I added it to my cart, tried to check out, and they were gone.
Amazon puts these up every few hours for Prime members for $9.78. You have to be quick, but you can grab them. I just refreshed nowinstock a bunch of times and I was able to snag one earlier for that price.

Reaction score
I really don't mind the dirty coma as others do.I do think it does add more realisim to the figure.It wouldn't make sense to have the coma being sparkling clean white because of the type environment the character is soppose to be in.

Reaction score
That sounds to me like a disappointed collector trying to justify a baffling decision by Hasbro.

I've been very selective. All I ever wanted from the BS was a 6 inch figure of each of the main WHITE armored troops from each of the original movies.

Stormtrooper was great. I love it. Biker Scout was next, and I wasn't thrilled about his stupid dirt, but with acetone and a lot scraping I got almost all of it off. All I need is a Snowtrooper from ESB to round em out.

And then instead of a white trooper, we got this **** yellow thing with brown boots and crap all over his kama. I just can't buy it. It's not what I wanted. Sculpt looks amazing. If he just looked WHITE. Like he hadn't rolled around in wampa **** for two hours.

I suppose there's always the tiny, 1% chance they'll reissue it someday in an all white paint scheme, in some form or another. But I doubt it. I refuse to buy it though. It's just too ugly and it doesn't fit my needs.

If you guys really like it, I'm happy for you. If you're a collector that bought it cause it was all we could get, was really disappointed by the ugly colors, but bought it anyway....I feel your pain.

Reaction score
Oh, and the censored word was pee-eye-ess-ess.

Cause he looks like a guy that just let his bladder go and it spread the yellow to all the clothe parts of his suit.

Unacceptable.

Reaction score
You can seriously tone down the tan color by drybrushing white onto the cloth parts so the tan only remains in the folds.

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, we shouldn't have to do that... even though, as I said, Snowtrooper's clothes under their armor aren't white like their armor, they aren't that tannish.

Reaction score
Just got one of these guys from the hasbrotoyshop.com site for $15.99 and free shipping. Promo code ROGUEONE17

I do not know how long this code will be valid.