Snowtrooper #011

mfk

Reaction score
I finally found one the other day... or at least i thought i did... Was walking up to the register when i took a closer look and discovered that someone had done a 'swap and return' with an old POTF2 figure. They didn't even do a good job sealing it back up. They used scotch tape and everything. Why do people do this? It's only like $7.... pisses me off

Reaction score
blues_ux said:
isn't the snowtrooper already a repack of the POTF2 version?
Not exactly. He has the arms and legs of the POTF2 figure and the head and torso of the Saga figure.

Reaction score
Re: Snowtrooper #11

echo1441 said:
Red5Ausie said:
i_know said:
They may be the coolest looking OT trooper. Sideshow should make one of these for 12" too since they haven't been touched by other 12" makers.
Huh? Hasbro DID make a 12 inch version of the Snowtrooper. He is sitting on my shelf as we speak and is a dam good 12 inch figure too!
He never claimed that Hasbro didn't make one. He said that no other company that produces 12" has made one yet. As well as the 12" jedi are being made, I can't wait to see what sideshow does with troopers
Yeah I meant medicom and marmit. It would be really interesting to see what Sideshow could do since so far their Jedi's have looked tremenduous compared to their Hasbro counterparts. At least from the all the promo shots.

Reaction score
mfk said:
I finally found one the other day... or at least i thought i did... Was walking up to the register when i took a closer look and discovered that someone had done a 'swap and return' with an old POTF2 figure. They didn't even do a good job sealing it back up. They used scotch tape and everything. Why do people do this? It's only like $7.... pisses me off
Because people are cheap, greedy, and selfish.

Reaction score
I think I'd rather buy vintage ones off of ebay than this one, and wait until they do a SA down the road.

Reaction score
i_know said:
I think I'd rather buy vintage ones off of ebay than this one, and wait until they do a SA down the road.
I have a vintage Snowtrooper.
Great figure, but unfortunatly, it's missing the blaster.

Reaction score

I80SKID said:
iceman95 said:
I do hope that they include this in the votc line they are planning and release many. The votc figs here in the Philippines are very expensive and very rare.

WTF, dude! If they're 'very expensive and very rare' why would you wish for them to release them if you couldn't find or afford them?

This figure needs a new sa sculpt sure but as a basic figure, nothing more. And yes, when they do(and they will eventually), they need to release them in truck loads.
I meant at the time the first VOTC were released. Only 1 specialty toy store carried the line. Toy sections in malls carried very little. Now that almost all leading toy stores have faith in the marketability of the star wars line, I reckon these would come in cheaper than the last time.

And who ever said that i can't afford this?

I do believe that us collectors really have the money to spend on collecting, because if we didn't, why would we pass on far more important things? Peace!

Reaction score
Just got my Snowtrooper today. I quite like it really, its about the best Snowtrooper done to date but its still not the SA version we've all been asking for. The POTF2 legs look quite good on the saga sculpt so hes more neturel than that crazy legs saga version, the arms look a tad whack though. Still this'll do until Hasbro gets around to making a nice SA version.

When I opened him I thought I had a error because his crotch is turned backwards, then I checked my saga version and he is normal and then my OTC version and he also has a backwards turned crotch. The Snowtrooper in RS photos also has this backwards crotch so I guess its normal. Still quite bizzare.

Reaction score
There's a color change on this figure already, both shipping as Saga #011.
One version has warm gray pants/sleeves and the other version has much cooler gray pants/sleves. They changed the paint, but not sure which one came first. Found both at Target.

Reaction score
Geez, so I finally got one of these Snowtroopers, and in my honest opinion, what a piece of plastic junk. It barely has any articulation, I mean minimal. I mean I guess it's good if you want to build a army of standing snowtroopers. It's a good thing I didn't pay for it. (A fellow collector friend of mine sent it to me with some software as a suprise.)

Reaction score
The POTF2 legs are nice, but they really should've kept the original arms (Saga). That would be a nice Snowtrooper in my eyes.

...this one can't do anything with those POTF2 arms too.

Reaction score
I saw this figure today, picked up and then dropped it like a hot plate. No knees, I can forgive, but no elbows? C'mon, I at least want him to be able to hold his gun in a decent pose.

GNT

Reaction score
ufofaker_2 said:
One version has warm gray pants/sleeves and the other version has much cooler gray pants/sleves. They changed the paint, but not sure which one came first. Found both at Target.
Any pictures?

Reaction score
yeah.. its the best snow trooper to date... and i think my favourite theyve done i was suprised with how cool it is considering its kitbashed, the potf legs look great, the arms are okay.. the one thing that bugs me is its hands, if theyd given it better looking hands itd be much better.. hands like uhh what we've been seeing recently on clone troopers etc, rather than the potf fists with holes in them to hold weapons that we got... over all.. i think its a good figure..

another thing... scale wise... is the hoth rebel solider (saga version) really short or a...hobit or something... compared to this snow trooper and veers and even the first saga snow trooper..hes tiny....

GNT

Reaction score
Picked up a couple, not the SA troop I was after but the Snowtrooper still looks pretty good on display.

Reaction score
i know most people are not concerned with minor paint changes but has anyone noticed that this figure has been released with the pants in either a grey or white color? also the grey pants version seems to have a lot more of the dirt on the shin area of the leg. saw this on another forum and wondered how widespread it might be.

Reaction score
My cousin got me one of these; as we still have snow in MN, it is a welcome gift. Imperial troops have entered the (crackle)!

Alan

GNT

Reaction score
Darkksith said:
i know most people are not concerned with minor paint changes but has anyone noticed that this figure has been released with the pants in either a grey or white color?
Any pictures of this? Would be interesting to see.

Reaction score
GNT said:
Darkksith said:
i know most people are not concerned with minor paint changes but has anyone noticed that this figure has been released with the pants in either a grey or white color?
Any pictures of this? Would be interesting to see.
i don't have the white pants version myself but here is a ebay auction that shows them both. the pic at the bottom is a little small but you can see the difference.

http://cgi.ebay.com/STAR-WARS-SAGA-SNOWTROOPER-VARIANT-REGULAR_W0QQitemZ6046516303QQcategoryZ2476QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Reaction score
well yesterday i scored meeself a snowtrooper, and not just any snowtrooper, a UGH trooper. hes awsome! doesnt have great articulation but he just looks so apealing to me, the best snowtrooper by far! heres some pics.

his armor matches up well with veers armor, which is a nice touch.

Reaction score
Is it me or is that everywhere you look weather it be online or in the store, there is an abundance of the Hoth wave!!!????? Either they super mass produced this line and they have too much stock in Hoth and not of the other waves or this wave really sucks. In my situation both could be true. When I go to my stores it's either nothing or its Hoth pegwarmmers. Anyone else feel this disturbance in the force??

Reaction score
Got a little more Hoth in my area but only thanks to a couple cases of the new revision waves.

Reaction score
Gotta say, I really like my POTF2 snowtrooper better than all the rest - something about it, I just can't put a finger on, but I prefer it to the newer versions. I realise that many will prefer the saga versions, however, I gotta say I'm stuck on the original POTF2 version.

GNT

Reaction score
It appears the Snowtrooper figure comes with both blue and red mini hologram, keep an eye out for those wanting both versions
The blue is the original release and the red version is being released in the Mos Eisley wave. Not a major thing but just something that may interest variation hunters.

--------------------
***</font> GNTs Photo Gallery!<font color="purple">***

Reaction score
i'm still passing on this immobile piece of crap.

i hope the rumors of him being in the next vintage style wave are true. surely that's why this figure is a kitbash.

or Hasbro's being lazy again

Reaction score
Lord_Atmo said:
i hope the rumors of him being in the next vintage style wave are true. surely that's why this figure is a kitbash.

or Hasbro's being lazy again
Or both.

Reaction score
I can't imagine that the Snowtrooper wouldn't be in the next batch of VTSC. I'd say it's more likely than any other figure. Especially since the last batch didn't have any ESB figures and I imagine Hasbro will try to balance it a little if they can.

Reaction score
Snowtrooper #11 VARIATION!!!

Okay, yesterday I was opening the beat-up UGH Snowtrooper I recently found, and compared it to the other 2 Saga2 Snowtroopers I have and found a startling variation!!

Please forgive the crappy pics, I only have a camera phone and it doesn't pick up small details well.

The variation is the color of the little painted dots on his torso. The original one I found from Hoth wave with blue holo, as well as the UGH one I opened yesterday, both have red and gray dots on the torso.

The other Snowtrooper I have came from the Tatooine cases, ya know the Snowtrooper with Red Holo. Anyway, it has red and blue dots on the torso.

Ya see what I am talkin' about? Not the rank emblem on the chest, but the little painted dots on the belly area. The Hoth/UGH versions have gray dots, the Tatooine wave repack version has blue dots.

Please, people check your Snowtroopers to verify this tiny variation!!!

I apologize again for the crappy picture resolution!!

edit: Dang, nobody has responded yet? Get with it fellow SW variation nerds! C'MON!!!

Reaction score
Re: Snowtrooper #11 VARIATION!!!

I hate to double post, but I gotta bump this up, I gots to know if anyone else has this variation. Somebody must have carded blue holo and red holo Snowtroopers to check. Check them troopers. Folks, I think we missed a paint variation. (In Snaggletooth's voice) From like June or July, even!

Reaction score

Can anyone tell me if the blaster that comes with the Snowtrooper fits tightly in either hand of the Snowtrooper? I've heard that the blaster fits loosely in the hand(s) and may even fall out of the hand really easily.

Thanks,

John