Snowtrooper #011

Reaction score
Re: Snowtrooper #11

If it had articulated knees and elbows so he could hold his blaster, I'd build an ary of these.

Reaction score

even after seeing him carded, i'm still not impressed. not a fan of older figures being rereleased unless they're VOTC or something. still a firm believe that all soldier and figures meant to fight should be SA

Reaction score
I80SKID said:
yoda4501 said:
It seems everybody complains about VOTC being overpriced. $10 for a figure. Its better than a SWshop or Target exclusive. Just wondering if you got those.
Hell no, I didn't buy them. Mainly because exclusives are stupid to buy unless you're collecting just to get rich later. None of those figures are even IN the movies so what's the point.

And $10 IS absurd for a single figure, especially when they've proven with the ep3 figures that SA doesn't really cost anything more to produce. Half of that $10 is probably for that clamshell anyway & has nothing to do with the SA. They're whole 'this isn't a movie year' excuse doesn't fly either. Anybody who doesn't think SA OT main characters & army builders won't fly off the shelves as soon as they're put out is seriously dillusional.

Look no farther than this first wave for proof. It won't be a coincidence that the UNarticulated Barada & Chewie pegwarm while the others sell. I'm not saying they needed to SA all the '06 figures but surefire sellers like main characters & army builders would've been nice.
I agree that the exclusives are a waiste of money based on the fact that they are not even in the movie but I have to say, the shadow trooper looks pretty cool. As for the $10 per VOTC figure, your missing out on great figures which hope to see on regular cards for your collecting pleasure. For what you get with VOTC, $10 is worth the quality IMO. Everyone knows SA army builders sell and so do other figures. ROTS proved that you can get SA with a $5 price. They also released some crappy figures also. I just hope they put out more SA figures done right and stop putting the same crap like this snowtrooper out eventhough the figure will sell based on the packaging. Thats probably why it will remain between $5-$7. Too much for a figure that looks like a rehash.

Reaction score

Darth_Anton said:
Anakin21 said:
For some reason it looks like its on steriods to me.
That's because he has the POTF2 Snowtrooper arms, and that one was on steriods.
Almost every POTF2 figure was on steriods, that was the "in" thing to do

Reaction score
yoda4501 said:
I have to say, the shadow trooper looks pretty cool. As for the $10 per VOTC figure, your missing out on great figures. Everyone knows SA army builders sell and so do other figures. ROTS proved that you can get SA with a $5 price. They also released some crappy figures also. I just hope they put out more SA figures done right and stop putting the same crap like this snowtrooper.
I agree (a. the Shadow Trooper looks cool but not at $13 a pop & (b. I missed out on some great figures not buying the VOTCs but I'm not made of money.

Regarding the snowtrooper: that's what I don't get with Hasbro. Why not in '06 start making great SA figures that they'll never have to make a new mold of again. I know they'll eventually get there but they shouldn't wait until 2020 to do it. That evo Vader is a great example. That figure never needs a new mold ever again & no other mold should be released. What do they do with the hoth wave: release an inferior version.

Reaction score
I80SKID said:
yoda4501 said:
I have to say, the shadow trooper looks pretty cool. As for the $10 per VOTC figure, your missing out on great figures. Everyone knows SA army builders sell and so do other figures. ROTS proved that you can get SA with a $5 price. They also released some crappy figures also. I just hope they put out more SA figures done right and stop putting the same crap like this snowtrooper.
I agree (a. the Shadow Trooper looks cool but not at $13 a pop & (b. I missed out on some great figures not buying the VOTCs but I'm not made of money.

Regarding the snowtrooper: that's what I don't get with Hasbro. Why not in '06 start making great SA figures that they'll never have to make a new mold of again. I know they'll eventually get there but they shouldn't wait until 2020 to do it. That evo Vader is a great example. That figure never needs a new mold ever again & no other mold should be released. What do they do with the hoth wave: release an inferior version.

Its all about the price

Reaction score

I found this guy today , I think he would make a great Galactic Marine if they repaint him, maybe repaints like that will be the Bounty Hunt Figures.

Reaction score

at a bare minimum, they'd need to put Clone Commander #33-style arms on him before they can repaint him as a Marine. A new backpack would be good, too.

Reaction score

I'm gonna get a couple to make Galactic Marines out of them. Other then that dont really need another snow trooper !

Reaction score

I don't know!! But I will buy another to keep carded! And of couse I am going to buy even another to make into a Galactic Marine!!!

Reaction score

What collection do you like more, carded or loose?? I would wait until you got another one before opening it!!

Reaction score

OOPS, I just open it!!!! lol But I am going to get another!!!!

Ya'know I don't know which one I favor more loose or carded!?!

Reaction score

Oh hey, no worries!! They're your figures after all!!
Enjoy it!!

GNT

Reaction score

The figure isn't anything that special to begin with, if it was a hard to find piece then leave it carded but for a older sculpt you might as well get some usage out of it before we oneday get a SA version

Reaction score

Out of all the figures from the Hoth wave that I bought today, I'm feeling this one the least...I like the way he looks carded and that's about it.

Granted, the reason I bought only 1 and left 1 behind when in other circumstances it could have come home with me to get opened...

Reaction score

Wow! So it really has already come out there. Will have to wait for a few more days or weeks for this. I guess this figure isn't builder material. I do hope that they include this in the votc line they are planning and release many. The votc figs here in the Philippines are very expensive and very rare.

Reaction score

I just opened one, and I have to admit, he's not bad, despite the POTF2 used. However, I'm still not army building with him, and the fact that he's an officer helps put me over the edge.

Reaction score

Nearly bought a couple of these..but didn't at the last minute,i already have a couple of the previous saga version (which IMO) is still better than this,why Hasbro used parts from the POTF2 version is a mystery to me

If the figure had been even slighly better and maybe had the officers insignia removed..i would have bought a couple more to start making a squad or so.

A Super Articulated brand new sculpt is REALLY whats needed for a figure like the Snowtrooper, and if that ever happens, an army builder i will become

*fingers crossed*

Reaction score

This figure is the best Snowtrooper figure yet.It uses the body/head of the OTC Snowtrooper and the legs and arms of the POTF2 Snowtrooper.

Reaction score

Just wondering, does this figure come with the tripod blaster that the previous OTC snowtrooper came with. I think it should come with it.

Reaction score

yoda4501 said:
Just wondering, does this figure come with the tripod blaster that the previous OTC snowtrooper came with. I think it should come with it.
I'm actually glad they didn't include that ridiculous thing. I've got way to many already

Reaction score

This was a very easy figure to pass on, and I have left 4 on the peg. I'll keep the Saga ones I have and just wait for the SA one . . . . that may or may not ever arrive. I also have to say that IMO the images shot are far more favorable than the actual figure.

Reaction score

This would have been great before ROTS. Now its crap. I may open one but probably no more unless they are clearanced.

Reaction score

I bought this figure, and decided to return it - I'm going to wait for a better version as well - the arms and legs just dont fit in - the AT-AT driver is amazing - I wish they spent more than 5 minutes on the snowtrooper instead of giving us a lame kitbash with a poor paintjob...

Reaction score

iceman95 said:
I do hope that they include this in the votc line they are planning and release many. The votc figs here in the Philippines are very expensive and very rare.
WTF, dude! If they're 'very expensive and very rare' why would you wish for them to release them if you couldn't find or afford them?

This figure needs a new sa sculpt sure but as a basic figure, nothing more. And yes, when they do(and they will eventually), they need to release them in truck loads.

Reaction score

Finally found this little "Gem"
and I opened him up! Hmmmmm looks are decieving! I love Snowtroopers but the articulation on this guy could be better! I think the Saga/OTC versions are a little better then this one! It looks to me like a retooled POTF version! I like him but it is a letdown!

Reaction score

Sithmatic said:
Finally found this little "Gem"
and I opened him up! Hmmmmm looks are decieving! I love Snowtroopers but the articulation on this guy could be better! I think the Saga/OTC versions are a little better then this one! It looks to me like a retooled POTF version! I like him but it is a letdown!
What did you expect from a kitbash?

Reaction score

When they finally make a SA Snowtrooper, what material do you think the robe should be. That thin cloth they used for the Boba Fett cape seems like it might be nice. The material for all the Evolutions figures seems to be good for that type of thing. It seems like it might need to be Vinyl for the mask if they don't make it solid plastic. If they do It well that will be one of the best figures ever. They may be the coolest looking OT trooper. Sideshow should make one of these for 12" too since they haven't been touched by other 12" makers.

Reaction score

i_know said:
They may be the coolest looking OT trooper. Sideshow should make one of these for 12" too since they haven't been touched by other 12" makers.

Huh? Hasbro DID make a 12 inch version of the Snowtrooper. He is sitting on my shelf as we speak and is a dam good 12 inch figure too!

GNT

Reaction score
i_know said:
When they finally make a SA Snowtrooper, what material do you think the robe should be. That thin cloth they used for the Boba Fett cape seems like it might be nice.
Cloth period, no need to ruin a SA sculpt with a plastic skirt piece.

Reaction score
i gave in and bought the snow trooper and it really pissed me off. i only got him b/c he has markings of a commander not a foot soldier. but the lack of articulation kills me. how can u give the at-at driver that much artic and not the snow trooper! shouldnt it be the other way around? its not like the at-at are running aroung shooting rebels...they're sitting in a chair

GNT

Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font>
i gave in and bought the snow trooper and it really pissed me off. i only got him b/c he has markings of a commander not a foot soldier. but the lack of articulation kills me. how can u give the at-at driver that much artic and not the snow trooper! shouldnt it be the other way around? its not like the at-at are running aroung shooting rebels...they're sitting in a chair

[/QUOTE]

Don't forget that the snowtrooper sculpt is 3 years old and was made in an era (Saga 2003) when Hasbro were still into the whole action feature craze.

Reaction score

Red5Ausie said:
i_know said:
They may be the coolest looking OT trooper. Sideshow should make one of these for 12" too since they haven't been touched by other 12" makers.

Huh? Hasbro DID make a 12 inch version of the Snowtrooper. He is sitting on my shelf as we speak and is a dam good 12 inch figure too!
He never claimed that Hasbro didn't make one. He said that no other company that produces 12" has made one yet. As well as the 12" jedi are being made, I can't wait to see what sideshow does with troopers

Reaction score
GNT said:
i_know said:
When they finally make a SA Snowtrooper, what material do you think the robe should be. That thin cloth they used for the Boba Fett cape seems like it might be nice.
Cloth period, no need to ruin a SA sculpt with a plastic skirt piece.
While I agree, it should be vinyl instead. The skirt pieces of the Snowtroopers are of a rubbery rain coat material, therefore it would be a more accurate material.

The Vintage version had a vinyl cape and it worked perfect.