Snowtrooper #011

Reaction score
From the EE pics it looks as were getting another Snowtrooper.

I dont think it look all that new but I think ill still get it when it arives because I only have 1 snowtrooper in my collection so far.

Reaction score
Re: Snowtrooper

This was Hasbro's chance to release an awesome SA Snowtrooper with Vinyl skirt and Hasbro blew it (for 2006)

Instead we seem to be getting a retooled SAGA version with little articulation. I hope this is just a prototype and the release version will do these troops justice.

Reaction score

I wish they gave this figure more articulation. It's a welcome rehash, though.

Reaction score

Tyrannusspotting said:
This was Hasbro's chance to release an awesome SA Snowtrooper with Vinyl skirt and Hasbro blew it (for 2006)

Instead we seem to be getting a retooled SAGA version with little articulation. I hope this is just a prototype and the release version will do these troops justice.
Unfortunately it looks like this is what we are getting... if only they had tried as hard with this figure as they have with the AT-AT driver.

Reaction score

I'll be passing on this. Hasbro has never done a decent Snowtrooper and I guess they never will.

I just don't understand why he can't be white! I don't remember any tan or blue Snowtroopers on screen...

Reaction score

I think the figure looks great!! I hope they have worked on giving him better articulation!!

Reaction score

I was really anxious for this figure. I have to admit I am a bit disappointed and am hoping we are just looking at a prototype, no the final version. An SA version would be bought in great numbers by myself

Reaction score

We brought this upon ourselves! Troops sell. They're probably throwing this one out there to increase the overall profit margin on the wave. If they're going to rehash to save money I'd rather see troops than unique characters.

Reaction score

I'll be purchasing a few of tose. The snow troopers around now are too darned expensive! 16 dollars a trooper? Bah!

Reaction score

Not a bad figure, but I don't need anymore Snow Troopers for now...unless of course this one does have a bit of repainting done, then I'll need to buy one

If not, if its just a straight repack of the Saga/OTC version with no new paint scheme or alterations, I'll probably pass....unless it looks fantastic carded, which it very well may. Even being an opener I'm a sucker for the OTC/Saga Collection cards

Reaction score

CommanderRedd said:
I'll be purchasing a few of tose. The snow troopers around now are too darned expensive! 16 dollars a trooper? Bah!

$16.00
Where at?

Reaction score

I'm not a huge fan of this figure. I don't like that his neck is craned upwards like that. I might get it, depends on how I feel when I see it.

Reaction score

It's clearly just a repack of the Saga Snowtrooper.
I suppose that's okay, but I really had my heart set on something that I could army-build with. This isn't it.

Reaction score

Well, not really...take a look at the legs. Notice the kneepads and boots? They are also positioned differently. Looks like a kitbash between the Saga and POTF2 more or less, but I suppose the legs could be all new.

EEpic

Saga

POTF2

Reaction score

It is a Saga torso, mostly, the arms are POTF2 and I believe the legs are as well, not so sure on that though. The arms stand out but overall a neat looking figure.

Reaction score

Whatever. I need a few more whatever the mold is to make Bacara's marines.

Ash

Reaction score

It does not look bad, but I really had my heart on one with better articulation so I hope my disapointment is over by the time it hits the shelves.

Reaction score

Those look like the POTF2 deluxe legs to me.

GNT

Reaction score
Re: Snowtrooper #11

Should've been an all new SA sculpt oh well i'll do for now

Reaction score

Yeah, to me it would have made more sence for Hasbro to re-release the old AT-AT Driver, and resculpt a really good snowtrooper. Then they could have just repainted it for a later wave as the Galatic Marine. I think they missed the boat on that one. Could have released and sold a TON of figures from just one great mold.

Reaction score

I've seen Gree's BARC Troopers referred to as "Hostile Environment" troops. Kashyyyk was hostile, Hoth was *definitely* hostile, and ROTJ Biker Scouts are obviously derivative of BARCS.

Could a new Evolutions set be in the works? If Hasbro released a "Hostile Environment Trooper" Evolutions set with an SA BARC, Snowtrooper, and Biker Scout I'd buy five sets without blinking an eye.

Reaction score

For one thing, the Kashyyyk troops aren't "BARCs", they're in Scout armor for jungle missions.

I think an SA Snowtrooper flanked by two near-identical troops that look nothing like him doesn't flow very well; better to have 3 distinct troops: Parjai Squadman from Utapau, Snowtrooper, and Scout Trooper. That's 3 distinct "special mission" armor types from 3 different films. It won't have people scratching their heads quite as much as looking at a scout, a snowtrooper, and another scout.

Later on they can retool the torso & boots & sculpt a new head for a 41st Elite Scout on a basic card. Then they can also swap the Snowtrooper's OT arms with Clonetrooper arms from ROTS #41, make a new backpack and they'll have a Galactic Marine

Reaction score

How about just an OT Evolutions set with VOTC Stormtrooper, SA Snowtrooper and SA Biker Scout? I shudder at how many I'd want to buy.

Reaction score

I've got about 12 or so of the SAGA/OTC ones. Guess I'll try and double my army of them.

Reaction score

DarthJace said:
How about just an OT Evolutions set with VOTC Stormtrooper, SA Snowtrooper and SA Biker Scout? I shudder at how many I'd want to buy.
Yeah, that'd be good too
Probably better; I just REALLY want 'em to serve up a Parjai Squad member next year.

Reaction score

ow man that sounds so good, man if that were true it would put a big dent in my wallet

Sev

Reaction score

If it ends up being the crap in the picture, then this one is a NO.

Reaction score

Billy_Ray said:
Looks like the Saga version with the POTF2 version's legs...kind of.
It is the saga snowtroopers body and head, combined with the potf2 legs and arms. Hopefully they will turn this around into something spectacular.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
For one thing, the Kashyyyk troops aren't "BARCs", they're in Scout armor for jungle missions.
People keep saying that those Clones in the Scout Armor aren't BARC troopers, but I've never been able to figure out their source of the information aside from the fact that we see Neyo and some other clones riding BARCs on Saleucami. Were there any other sources? Even wikipedia seems to think the BARC troopers were the ones on Kashyyyk, though I'm aware that frequently it's wrong. I'm just curious.

Reaction score

Nice I can build my Snowtrooper army a little more. I'm up to 6.