Snowspeeder with Dak Ralter

Reaction score
It is Dak, though! From that site:

"Research conducted by Lucasfilm's Pablo Hidalgo revealed that the actor in question was, in fact, John Morton—who played Ralter in the film—as confirmed by Morton's daughter, thus necessitating the character change."
Ohh thank you for pointing that out. I'm usually on top of my pilot knowledge but that is the first I've heard of the change. That's pretty cool, thank you!

BTW as much as I like the pilots, that Kesin figure was pretty bad lol.

Last edited:
Reaction score
B&N used to be my goto for marked down Artfx+ items but that well has dried up.
Same here, and the ones they do have are mostly older ones that they refuse to clearance. GameStop has stopped carrying the line quite as heavily as well.

Crumbs. The one I go to near Crabtree Valley Mall must be kicking themselves... they just got done revamping their entire DVD/CD section into an action figure/board game/collectibles section just last year. And it involved pretty extensive remodeling, too (although I'm not sure why). If what you're saying is true, then they did it for basically nothing in the long run.
That's what happened at my local B&N as well. Half the store was closed off while they did it.

Reaction score
Yup.
I was ALWAYS skeptical about the FO TIE fighter.
- size
- cost
- not OT

All of these points are moot with the snowspeeder.
$120 for the ship w figure, and it's an iconic blast from my childhood.
(I never actually owned the Kenner snowspeeder in the 80s, but my friend did, and I remember it quite vividly.)
The only reason I got a FO Tie fighter was it was clearances, I had a 10 % discount and I had a gift card with 40 bucks left on it.

Reaction score
Looks like Best Buy is carrying it as well. They sometimes mark it down a bit and have member rewards discounts that you can combine for added savings. I got the BS Luke Helmet like that at a reasonable price.

I think there is a real possibility one might be able to get it for sub $100 if they watch and wait. Amazon, Best Buy, Gamestop, all have been known to have price changes or % sales on stuff like this.

Reaction score
B&N is easing out of the collectables market. The new CEO wants to return to being more focused on its book roots. One of the changes has been less frequent clearance markdowns on collectables. B&N used to be my goto for marked down Artfx+ items but that well has dried up.
That seems like a fatal error in the era of digital book distribution.

Reaction score
This Snowspeeder is awesome. May not be as popular as other vehicles, but many collectors will regret not buying it on its release date.
100/120$€ is an excellent price for a ship and a 6 "figure. I also think it is a good way to tell Hasbro we want things like this.

Reaction score
This Snowspeeder is awesome. May not be as popular as other vehicles, but many collectors will regret not buying it on its release date.
100/120$€ is an excellent price for a ship and a 6 "figure. I also think it is a good way to tell Hasbro we want things like this.
Also, it will probably be the only way to get a Dak figure now or in the future. Not that he's super desirable a character, but it's a little more motivation to get this.

Reaction score
After seeing this, I can see Hasbro producing a AT-ST Walker with Driver. The FO TIE was good, but a let down at the sametime. But looking at Rey and Luke with their Speeders, the Sandtrooper with Dewback anything is possible. hasbro just needs to watch it is all.

Reaction score
Well, that video explains how the removable panel works. Removable engine piece, removable panel, engine piece goes back on. Also confirms the grappling gun. Wish they had spent a little more time on the vehicle itself, instead of the packaging, but it sure does look amazing.

Reaction score
with the high price, does anyone think it will hit brick & Mortar stores? I'm hoping for clearance for this
I'm sure Hasbro learned from the last ship they sold (FO tie fighter) and most likely this one won't be at regular retail (Walmart/Target etc...) I'm almost sure that this one will be a fan channel, and also most likely depending on pre-orders the web shops (Hasbro Pulse/EE/BBTS/Dorkside, etc...) that's how many will be shipped to the websites, most internet web sites do not like to sit on a product that will not move. also as of right now is available on pretty much on all e-tailers, maybe the web shops might get one or two extras to have some in stock merchandise but I'm not foreseeing a lot of them ordering more than the pre-orders. I'm almost sure this ones will not go on clearance.

Reaction score
I'm sure Hasbro learned from the last ship they sold (FO tie fighter) and most likely this one won't be at regular retail (Walmart/Target etc...) I'm almost sure that this one will be a fan channel, and also most likely depending on pre-orders the web shops (Hasbro Pulse/EE/BBTS/Dorkside, etc...) that's how many will be shipped to the websites, most internet web sites do not like to sit on a product that will not move. also as of right now is available on pretty much on all e-tailers, maybe the web shops might get one or two extras to have some in stock merchandise but I'm not foreseeing a lot of them ordering more than the pre-orders. I'm almost sure this ones will not go on clearance.
At the reveal it was shown to be an Amazon shared excusive.
I guess shared means all of the e-tailers, at least right now. Don't remember if they said anything about normal brick and mortar.

Reaction score
What are the odds we get a 6" scale A-Wing (with pilot) in 2023 for the ROTJ 40th anniversary line?
Depending on how well the Snowspeeder sells and keeps its MSRP, I'd say pretty good. I do wonder though if, despite its size, a Black Series X-Wing would sell slightly better than an A-Wing.

Reaction score
with the high price, does anyone think it will hit brick & Mortar stores? I'm hoping for clearance for this
Best Buy is carrying it, so maybe there's a possibility you might see it on the shelf at Best Buy? 🤷‍♂️

This seems like a similar release as TVC Red 5 X-Wing. Did anyone recall seeing it at b&m Best Buys?

Reaction score
Is it my eyesight or is the canopy glass looking slightly opaque in the Hasbro Pulse video and not totally translucent. It isn't a deal breaker for me either way as I have already pre ordered this. But I also know for whatever reason that Hasbro does sometimes use slightly opaque (as oppose to totally clear plastic) for stands etc. The stand for the BS Speeder Bike wasn't totally clear, neither was the stand for the SDCC Han Solo in Carbonite.

Just wondering is all, as the canopy for the Landspeeder was translucent!

Reaction score
I made a mistake with ordering X-34 and Dewback right away, they were 35% off later the same year. Gonna wait some discount till I buy this one.

Reaction score
What are the odds we get a 6" scale A-Wing (with pilot) in 2023 for the ROTJ 40th anniversary line?
An A Wing would be nice, but if the Snowspeeder is a success, I'd quite like an ETA-2 next. Another one of Hasbro's 'make the first release oversized so everyone thinks it's bigger than it is' vehicles. The smaller re release of the 3.75" version was pretty much spot on. (Not forgetting that the full size mock up was actually so small the actors feet stuck out of the front window!)
IMG_1106.JPG

Reaction score
I made a mistake with ordering X-34 and Dewback right away, they were 35% off later the same year. Gonna wait some discount till I buy this one.
For this reason Hasbro is changing the way of selling some figures/vehicles. I think this Snowspeeder is a Fan Channel Exclusive, which means that production is much more limited to the potential buyer. It is the case that many of these exclusives appear on Amazon for a few months and then disappear or simply raise the price, but do not get to lower the price permanently. It's happening recently with the Emperor, Chewbacca & C-3PO, C-3PO & Babu Frik, Luke Jedi Knight and Clone Fox (I don't know if all them all exactly "Fan Channel Exclusive"). At least this is my conclusion according to my experience from my country in the European Union.

Reaction score
I was looking at the unboxing video on pulse. This thing is very compact. I am very surprise how small it is. Which is a good thing.

Reaction score
X-wing is likely too big outside of say a HasLab project. you could definitely see an AT-ST or A-wing for the ROTJ 40th.
Maybe even Anakin or Obiwans Jedi interceptor from ROTS. Everything else is basically just too big. I'd bet the AT-ST is way more likely than the A-wing just based on how iconic it is. Plus you know you'd want more than one AT-ST.

Reaction score
The only way I'd want an X-Wing from Hasbro now is if they used a much more rigid plastic, not this stuff that comes pre-warped or warps over a little time. Droopy cannons are no fun.

They did the AT-ST with the Black Series 3.75" line and they sat in large numbers for a very long time. And then finally got clearanced off for cheap. I wouldn't be betting on that one to come around again, but who knows.

Reaction score
I don't care if I have to build an hangar in my living room, I definitely want 1:12 small/medium vehicles like X-Wing, Tie Fighter, AT-ST, A-Wing, etc.
The biggest problem would be price and international availability, because it would surely be a HasLab production.

Reaction score
Floating through the Alderaan debris field
They did the AT-ST with the Black Series 3.75" line and they sat in large numbers for a very long time. And then finally got clearanced off for cheap. I wouldn't be betting on that one to come around again, but who knows.
True.. However I'm pretty sure the 3.75 Black series version was the 3rd, or 4th, release of it. The problem was just that they were released to close together. I'm sure a 6", especially if we get an AT-ST co-pilot separate, will do really well.

Reaction score
There’s triple the amount of TBS buyers to TVC buyers by Hasbro’s own words. A TBS AT-ST would sell a lot better than the TBS 3.75.
Remember that AT-ST originally was a legacy collection and it sold like hot cakes. The Target Hoth pack repacked it, and it sold well. By the time the TBS series came along, it was exhausted and was 20$ more expensive. It’s apples to oranges with a TBS6 AT-ST and its likely selling point.

I do agree, I would love a large TBS vehicle, even if it took a HasLab spot. It should be the X-wing, I don’t think there’s a more iconic vehicle they could do, with in reason. Also agree it needs to have strong plastic, and not suffer warping, which might be why we haven’t gotten one, that’s expensive.

on topic, I am super excited for this release, already pre-ordered one, and will likely go for a second one to repaint with the red stripe for Zev. Curious as to why they have this grey striped one labeled as Luke’s, Lukes didn’t have any striping, and least during the crashed scene.

Reaction score
It’s apples to oranges with a TBS6 AT-ST and its likely selling point.

Curious as to why they have this grey striped one labeled as Luke’s, Lukes didn’t have any striping, and least during the crashed scene.
I personally agree but we've also seen the logic Hasbro uses in picking things to make. They'd likely look at the last release of the "Black Series" AT-ST and consider it a low performing item and leave it at that. That was really my point that I did not articulate clearly.

Luke's has the grey striping in the movie, however, the locations of the grey striping varies from in-flight to the crash, in the crashed version two panels toward the rear no longer have the grey but you can still see it on the panel closest to the harpoon. Hasbro's version is missing the grey on top of the panel at the mid-cannon mounts (it's light grey in flight & dark grey in the crash scene).

Reaction score
I think a 6" AT-ST is simply way too big for Hasbro to do as a regular release. Maybe Haslab project?

That being said, I'd take an AT-RT all day long with a cool Clone Trooper to ride it. Even better do the desert camo version as seen on the Cone Wars episode Landing at Point Rain and an ARF Trooper Boil like they did in the 3.75" line.

Reaction score
I personally agree but we've also seen the logic Hasbro uses in picking things to make. They'd likely look at the last release of the "Black Series" AT-ST and consider it a low performing item and leave it at that. That was really my point that I did not articulate clearly.

Luke's has the grey striping in the movie, however, the locations of the grey striping varies from in-flight to the crash, in the crashed version two panels toward the rear no longer have the grey but you can still see it on the panel closest to the harpoon. Hasbro's version is missing the grey on top of the panel at the mid-cannon mounts (it's light grey in flight & dark grey in the crash scene).

Yeah, it was confusing. The full size props didn’t have the marking though the models did.

Reaction score
I keep telling myself I don't want to collect vehicles in this scale but how can I not. This looks awesome and I definitely want to get Dak. Might as well put this next to the wampa, taun taun, and upcoming probe droid!

Reaction score
Wow two Snowspeeders! That's awesome. Are you going to open one and keep one boxed? I'm still looking for the best price/shipping options to Canada but I'm pretty sure I'm about to cave an order one. Now that I realize the scale I think it's more manageable.
Might keep one boxed until I need to photograph two together....:)