Snap Wexley & First Order Snowtrooper Ofiicer

Reaction score
Eh, that visor on the figure. I'll wait to see if any announcement of a BS figure is announced before I buy this. Not to mention, the Pauldron on the Snowtrooper reminds me a lot of the POTF2 Sandtrooper pauldrons in stead of the more modern ones. The paudldron isn't really a problem, just an observation.

Reaction score
We see that a translucent visor is no problem for Hasbro to put on the Black Series figures, so it seems quite beggarly that Hasbro has sunk so low with the 3.75" series and made such little effort. A translucent visor would make the X-Wing pilot figures much more appealing to the eye and then we could see more easily which particular actor is actually in the suit assuming that Hasbro get the sculpt details of the face reasonably accurate. The best thing about this two figure pack is the name... Snap Wexley:ninja:

Reaction score
He survived, he is the wedge of this trilogy, Grunberg has said he is signed for all three.

I saw him after the battle, in two different scenes. But I'm pretty damn sure we see him blow up during the attack. I'm confused. LOL

JVM

Reaction score
I could see myself buying this. Shame I finally feel an interest in pilots and Hasbro drops the ball. Has someone told them how much people hate the opaque visors yet? Do they not know or not care? I could've forgiven it for Poe since we got three versions of him, but for other pilots it just feels ridiculous.

Reaction score
I totally get the complaints about the opaque visors. But look at the rest of the 5POA line. It's an exercise in cost cutting. Removable helmets with clear visors are more expensive to produce than a pilot with a sculpted on helmet and opaque visor.

And you know what else? The collector dissatisfaction with the initial Resistance Pilot offerings gives Hasbro a reason to produce MORE VERSIONS of characters like Atsy and Snap Wexley. And how many versions of Poe Dameron have we gotten of that character in his X-Wing flight suit? I think we're at 4 right now, between the TFA carded version (w/ sculpted on helmet), the Black Leader X-Wing pack-in, the Armor Up version, and the WM exclusive Black Series version. So at least when it comes to Poe, we've got some choices.

Reaction score
I totally get the complaints about the opaque visors. But look at the rest of the 5POA line. It's an exercise in cost cutting. Removable helmets with clear visors are more expensive to produce than a pilot with a sculpted on helmet and opaque visor.

And you know what else? The collector dissatisfaction with the initial Resistance Pilot offerings gives Hasbro a reason to produce MORE VERSIONS of characters like Atsy and Snap Wexley. And how many versions of Poe Dameron have we gotten of that character in his X-Wing flight suit? I think we're at 4 right now, between the TFA carded version (w/ sculpted on helmet), the Black Leader X-Wing pack-in, the Armor Up version, and the WM exclusive Black Series version. So at least when it comes to Poe, we've got some choices.
Well of course Hasbro will double, likely triple dip for our money (5 POA removable helmet Asty and Wexley, followed by TBS 3 3/4" versions). However, regarding money and the removable helmet/clear visor, well, even if it supposedly decreased the play value, which most collectors don't care about, I'd rather have the helmets than the stupid build-a-weapons Hasbro keeps wasting tooling money on. I think I've actually built one, despite having almost the entire TFA line so far, and that was the like ski "droid" from the snow wave, and that's because it actually felt like something functional. The only other one, which I haven't actually built, is the turret from the "space" set, although the Guavian Enforcer having a bigger gun included is ok, reminds me a bit of the POTF2 days.

Reaction score
My biggest issue with the visors is that it really takes away from the character of figures, versus a removable hat or whatever.

Reaction score
The visor makes the figure look like some mindless trooper. Whereas being able to see his eyes, lends to him actually being a character with a soul. IMO

Reaction score
I would like to see a TRU exclusive... with an extra weapon included, plus a red pauldron on the trooper, a translucent visor on Snap, plus a shiny BB-8. A type of mix&match affair. Would gladly pay good money for that:whistling:

Currently, this two pack needs a upgrade makeover, but knowing Hasbro, i'll be 10,000 years old before that happens.

Reaction score
The visor makes the figure look like some mindless trooper. Whereas being able to see his eyes, lends to him actually being a character with a soul. IMO
Which is why they just should have gone POTF2 Biggs on this figure if they weren't making the helmet removable.

We could always add our own visor if we wanted to. No adding eyes on this guy...

Reaction score
Banana visor and ****-poor paint apps makes these figures look like knock-offs. I'm half expecting them to be packaged on 'Special Wars' cardbacks.

Reaction score
I saw him after the battle, in two different scenes. But I'm pretty damn sure we see him blow up during the attack. I'm confused. LOL
Watched it for the third time, and now I see Snap does indeed make it through. Who do we see blow up with the beard?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Too bad we'll probably never get a well-articulated version of this figure, with removable helmet. I'd get several of that, but am pretty sure I'll be passing on this set.

Reaction score
Too bad we'll probably never get a well-articulated version of this figure, with removable helmet. I'd get several of that, but am pretty sure I'll be passing on this set.
Could possibly fix that, by swapping the heads onto the SA pilots body. I'm thinking about buying several Poe figures to do just that. That way I can get SA versions of some of teh cool Alien figures.

Reaction score
Could possibly fix that, by swapping the heads onto the SA pilots body. I'm thinking about buying several Poe figures to do just that. That way I can get SA versions of some of teh cool Alien figures.
Maybe; I've found though that the torsos on these new figures are a customizing nightmare. And the Poe's neck peg sits weird, to where very few head swaps look normal.

Reaction score
Tucson, wretched hive of scum and villany
In the past I would've been incredibly excited getting this many new pilots. 4 of the 8 pilots that were shown in their cockpit have been released or announced already, but instead of happiness its just a huge disappointment because of the crappy articulation and stupid visors. The SA Poe is a spectacular figure so hopefully Hasbro will get more use out of the mold and give us Snap and some of the others in a higher quality version. I just can't get behind these garbage figures.

Reaction score
It just doesn't make sense. Saga Legends 5POA Luke X-Wing. Removable helmet and he cost $6. He came out last year (2015)! TFA X-wing pilots. Non-removable helmet $7-$8.

Reaction score
I wish this pack came with a ground-based fighter instead of a pilot. Pretty sure we won't find Snap landing his X-Wing to fight a few Snowtroopers in the deleted scenes :p but ah well; still pretty cool though I wish the Snap figure looked a little better instead of just another member of banana visor brigade

Reaction score
I wish this pack came with a ground-based fighter instead of a pilot. Pretty sure we won't find Snap landing his X-Wing to fight a few Snowtroopers in the deleted scenes :p but ah well; still pretty cool though I wish the Snap figure looked a little better instead of just another member of banana visor brigade

Quite frankly, IMO Hasbro is something akin to a shylock. I'll call a spade a spade and say that Hasbro just doesn't care, let's be honest, this is not 1985 where manufacturing techniques were not exactly cutting-edge.

IMO Hasbro is basically saying "give us your money, then go fu_k youself" < too many grievous quirks and anomalies taking place for me to think otherwise. The inflated cost of the figures, the low-grade Q.C. of the figures, the inadequate detailing on the sculpt, and the fact that 21st century manufacturing is capable of nigh-on flawless for next to no premium.

Reaction score
The articulation doesn't bother me (what do pilots really do besides sit and stand) but yea those visors are rough.

Reaction score
While that's a valid point. When I was a kid, I never had the X-Wing. So my Pilot Luke almost never sat down, until I built my own ship for him. I used my imagination that he did other things while in that outfit. So in keeping with "play" patterns, it would be nice for the figure to do more than just sit and stand. I'm not saying it should be either or. Both SA and 5POA versions would be nice, to please both camps.

I would at least advocate BH shoulders, that way it wouldn't be such a PITA to customize the bad boys. It sometime feels like steps are taken on purpose to poke jabs at us. I can still remember the torso switch with G.I. Joe figs! :\ :disgusted:

Reaction score
While that's a valid point. When I was a kid, I never had the X-Wing. So my Pilot Luke almost never sat down, until I built my own ship for him. I used my imagination that he did other things while in that outfit. So in keeping with "play" patterns, it would be nice for the figure to do more than just sit and stand. I'm not saying it should be either or. Both SA and 5POA versions would be nice, to please both camps.

I would at least advocate BH shoulders, that way it wouldn't be such a PITA to customize the bad boys. It sometime feels like steps are taken on purpose to poke jabs at us. I can still remember the torso switch with G.I. Joe figs! :\ :disgusted:
I don't disagree - some BH shoulders along with elbows and knees would be ideal - but in this case I would be OK with at least a pilot that doesn't look like he has a Chiquita banana for sunglasss

Reaction score
I am actually really looking forward to this set, but I love pilots that's why. Bring on Jess!! :)

Reaction score
Glad the snowtrooper has a different rank than the others previously released. No duplicates!
As soon as this hits my area, I'm picking it up. I can't believe how hungry I am for new figures! I haven't bought anything new since November! I'M DYING OVER HERE, HASBRO!

Reaction score
I'm thinking this two-pack will end-up quite popular because of goody/baddie being paired in it, which makes it quite unique. The fact that the stormy also has rank puts it above the standard armor-up trooper. The question is whether Snap Wexley will also get a figure of his own in the base series, but i'm assuming not.

Reaction score
I've yet to really complain about them, but this is the first figure that actually bothers me having the "banana visor." Because of it, he's just another Resistance fighter.

Reaction score
Found two of these the other day at target along with one of the sidon pack.

If anyone has some TCW clones and wants to trade, I have extra one. PM me

Reaction score
I just saw this 2 pack in my local Target today. There is no way that Snap Wesley figure can fit in the new X-Wing.