Snake Eyes 6” - Convention Set

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro has plans for a 6” line of GI Joe, first up is a really neat Convention Exclusive Snake Eyes (I’m sure they’ll release a normal version):

Pictures here

Anyone going to try and get this one?

Reaction score
The idea has been floated for awhile. I'm hearing there is a movie in the works, so it makes sense. I'm not buying 6" figures, but there's no doubt this one will sell. The question I have is how deep can this line get? I still don't understand when the focus away from vehicles started, but figures on a shelf are nice.

Reaction score
I think the benchmark for how deep/large a series can get would be Marvel Legends. They're hitting a lot of D/E-List characters now.

I didn't grow up with GI Joe, but I watched some of the Renegades cartoon and got some of those and the Pursuit of Cobra figures. I'll probably try to snag this SnakeEyes though. He looks pretty awesome.

Reaction score
I mean it was inevitable IMO. Marvel Legends was perhaps the most groundbreaking toyline of modern times and tons just followed suit. DC, SW, lots of film lines, Joe was just gonna happen eventually. I'm not such a big Joe fan that I'm super nitpicky, but I will def. pick up some. I mean honestly, figures like Firefly would make for just great generic mercenaries 6'' figures for my 6'' superheroes to fight. I know I'll find myself at least getting Snake Eye, Storm Shadow, Destro, Cobra Commander, Beachhead, Baroness, Firefly, and perhaps a few others when they get to them. Glad to see it's finally happening.

Reaction score
I'm in. In fact, I have never bothered with trying to track down convention exclusives, but I will at least make an attempt to get this one. If there was ever a property that competed with Star Wars during my childhood, it was GI Joe. In fact, for most of my childhood and teenage years, I considered GI Joe to be the superior toy line.

I want to see them remaking the classic characters, but adding more detail and hopefully keeping them heavily grounded in reality. IMO, GI Joe is at its strongest when it feels like something that could be happening right now. Not in the far future or in a distant galaxy; but right here, right now.

Reaction score
I'm in. In fact, I have never bothered with trying to track down convention exclusives, but I will at least make an attempt to get this one. If there was ever a property that competed with Star Wars during my childhood, it was GI Joe. In fact, for most of my childhood and teenage years, I considered GI Joe to be the superior toy line.

I want to see them remaking the classic characters, but adding more detail and hopefully keeping them heavily grounded in reality. IMO, GI Joe is at its strongest when it feels like something that could be happening right now. Not in the far future or in a distant galaxy; but right here, right now.
GI Joe was the best toy line through the 80's/90's. Again, I would say because of the vehicles, and the figures had the articulation. I want to want this line... I will not start a new collection... I will not start a new collection...

If they are anything like the 25th or 30th anniversary figures they'll have the realism but not over the top. I wouldn't begrudge them doing a Zombie-Viper though :oops:

Reaction score
This looks cool!

I'll be interested in anything I won't have to jump through flaming hoops to purchase. So convention exclusives may be out, but I'll keep an eye out for the normal line.

Reaction score
The figures would be awesome especially in classic uniforms. I don't see why we couldn't have a good collection of vehicles. Obviously not the MOBAT, WHALE or FLAGG, but there are plenty of small vehicles that could be made. With SW Black Series, we had speeder bikes and Dewbacks. The TIE was ridiculously large. And Hasbro doesn't have to pay Lucasfilm/Disney royalties that drive up the prices. I think you could have reasonably priced "smaller" vehicles for this line to start off and see where it goes.

RAM
JUMP
VAMP
FLAK
MMS
FANG
POLAR Battle Bear <- this would be awesome!!!
Whirlwind
CLAW
MANTA
Skyhawk
PACRATS

And then Hasbrolab can do a 20 foot Flagg. :p

Reaction score
Man, I haven't seen many of those acronyms (given the context) in years. I'd totally be down for a VAMP and CLAW to kick things off!

Reaction score
The figures would be awesome especially in classic uniforms. I don't see why we couldn't have a good collection of vehicles. Obviously not the MOBAT, WHALE or FLAGG, but there are plenty of small vehicles that could be made. With SW Black Series, we had speeder bikes and Dewbacks. The TIE was ridiculously large. And Hasbro doesn't have to pay Lucasfilm/Disney royalties that drive up the prices. I think you could have reasonably priced "smaller" vehicles for this line to start off and see where it goes.

RAM
JUMP
VAMP
FLAK
MMS
FANG
Whirlwind
CLAW
MANTA
Skyhawk
PACRATS

I think most of those are no brainers. (y) I hope Hasbro seriously considers doing some of those. The VAMP sized vehicles might be pushing it, but it would be cool to get for sure.

My only real want out of all the vehicles would be the Skyhawk. That's my all time favorite Joe toy as a kid. And, if they do the Skyhawk, then they need to do the FANG as well to balance things out on the Cobra side.

To add to the wish list 😁

These small ones should be easy for Hasbro to pull off.
Flight Pod (aka "Trouble Bubble")
SNAKE (Cobra battle armor)
Ferret (4-wheel ATV)
Night Landing boat (that inflatable raft)

They can do some deluxe sets that comes with a figure and vehicle like...
Zartan with Chameleon/Swamp Skier
Sgt. Slaughter with Triple "T"
Sepentor with Air Chariot.

Some that are little bigger
Devilfish
AWE Striker
Firebat
Dreadnok Swampfire

After around 86-87 the vehicles got a little wacky for my taste and I started to lose interest. 🤷‍♂️

Reaction score

RAM
JUMP
VAMP
FLAK
MMS
FANG
Whirlwind
CLAW
MANTA
Skyhawk
PACRATS

Some of these would be a great idea. If Hasbro can do motorcycles for Marvel. I would love the small Joe and Cobra vehicles in 6 inch scale. I love my 3.75 inch Joes but this line I might like.

Reaction score

RAM
JUMP
VAMP
FLAK
MMS
FANG
Whirlwind
CLAW
MANTA
Skyhawk
PACRATS

I think they can get away with the Mobat since it only held one figure. I will expect it not to be motorized. The Battlebear was one of my favorites back in the day.

Reaction score
I’m all in for collecting G.I. Joe again. This figure looks great. Anyone know what day this exclusive is going to be available? I saw in hisstank that you have to be a Hasbro Pluse Premium member in order to get it?

Reaction score
I think Premium members get to preorder/order in advance. So I'm thinking either Monday they'll be up, or a few weeks later (that's what it seemed like they did with SDCC exclusives last year).

Reaction score
I got an e-mail from Pulse mentioning the live stream on Feb. 22 @ 1:30pm EST. And, it states...
" As a Hasbro Pulse Premium member, you'll have early access to select items until 4pm EST before they become available anywhere else. Participating brands include, Transformers, Power Rangers, GI JOE, Ghostbusters, as well as Marvel."
So, does this mean items will go live right at 1:30pm and Premium members will have access until 4pm? Also, I noticed Star Wars wasn't mentioned in the e-mail.

Reaction score
I got an e-mail from Pulse mentioning the live stream on Feb. 22 @ 1:30pm EST. And, it states...

So, does this mean items will go live right at 1:30pm and Premium members will have access until 4pm? Also, I noticed Star Wars wasn't mentioned in the e-mail.
I looked into this and this is what I read also. So I think joining the Premium is the best route?

Reaction score
I will always pass on the 6” figures holding out for whatever the Fortnight partnership brings us hopefully new 4” figures

Reaction score
He's available now

Reaction score
He's available now

I preordered 2. Now I don’t have stress about getting him.
Roadblock looks pretty good I have to get use to him, but at least it’s not Dwayne Johnson. Scarlett looks amazing

Reaction score
I'm hoping he stays in stock. I was anticipating putting a lot if preorders in this weekend, but I was banking of him being $30, so that makes me hesitate a little.

Reaction score
$40 is a bit over the top especially if you can get for $20 when it is released.

Reaction score
He does. He looks good and the weapons rack looks really cool. The value is definitely there.

Reaction score
First GI Joe figure I have ordered in years. Even if I don't pick up every single release in this line, it's hard to go wrong with Snake Eyes and all those weapons. To really be "deluxe," I wish Timber had been included, but I guess that will be v2.

Reaction score
Yeah that was a missed opportunity. I would be a bit annoyed if they put Timber in with basic release of Snake eyes. Oh, I am sure that will ups cheese off a lot of fans.

First GI Joe figure I have ordered in years. Even if I don't pick up every single release in this line, it's hard to go wrong with Snake Eyes and all those weapons. To really be "deluxe," I wish Timber had been included, but I guess that will be v2.

Reaction score
I think what's in that window packaging is regular release and what's outside in foam is part of the convention exclusive. That's just my guess.

I think it's pretty sweet. I preordered one of these bad boys. 😁

Last edited:
Reaction score
While the Snake eyes looks great, i am not loving the Roadblock or Scarlett. I wish the outfits were more true to the original designs. Also I hate that Roadblock comes with an Overwatch weapon. The realistic weapons were a high point when I was collecting Joes back when.

Reaction score
I think what's in that window packaging is regular release and what's outside in foam is part of the convention exclusive. That's just my guess.

I think it's pretty sweet. I preordered one of these bad boys. 😁
You're right, and the regular figures have color on their boxes.

Reaction score
I tried all day to get this preordered. For whatever reason, Hasbro just does NOT like my debit card. Every time I tried, it would say payment failed. I finally had to use a regular credit card for it to go through. By the time I got it ordered, the date moved from April to July!

Reaction score
Strange that Duke, Scarlett, and Roadblock are up for pre-order at BBTS and EE, but no Snake Eyes. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Also, EE has the wave up for pre-order but 2 figures still have code names. I believe one is Destro (DARKLING??), and the other must be Snake Eyes (x2).
2x TARANTULA
1x Roadblock
1x DARKLING
1x Duke
1x Scarlett

Reaction score
The idea has been floated for awhile. I'm hearing there is a movie in the works, so it makes sense. I'm not buying 6" figures, but there's no doubt this one will sell. The question I have is how deep can this line get? I still don't understand when the focus away from vehicles started, but figures on a shelf are nice.
Perhaps when they finally realized that kids stopped buying into them so heavily. Despite us oldies who grew up with this mentality, that you need all the figures and several vehicles out playing in the backyard with friends. or alone was so much fun. There are a lot of kids today who don't even know it was a thing, especially when they've never even seen their backyard in person! :p

Even today i feel the figures need some sort of companion piece to be complete. Because to me Star Wars and Joes were meant for 3.75" scale, there's a certain amount of built in play ability. If I wanted items to sit on my shelf to impress others, there are plenty of other more quality pieces out there. But I agree, some do look very nice.
IMO, I think Joes lost something when they went to the Movie style "special forces" look. I always preferred the 80's unique outfits for each character.

Though I doubt that I will be buying any of these, it might change if the right one came along.

Reaction score
I went ahead and pre-ordered Snake Eyes from Hasbro Pulse. This is the first convention item that I've wanted enough to actually pre-order.

There are still plenty of options for vehicles in the 6" scale. We're just never going to see the WHALE Hovercraft or USS Flagg for this line. Although I doubt those toys would even be released today in 3.75" scale. I'd love to see the RAM motorcycle or the Cobra Ferret in 6" scale. Maybe they could try the Haslab crowdfunding thing for a 6" scale MOBAT or HISS Tank and see how that does.

Reaction score
Same. I guess Pulse hasn't shut down their operations just yet due to the virus. Looking forward to getting this bad boy.😁