Snaggletooth - Speculation

GNT

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting that we maybe seeing Snaggletooth in the Vintage line up for 2021.

Who would purchasing it?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Knowing this line, it'll just be a repack of the Vintage Collection 3 pack version...but still, that does make a LOT of sense to me as it wasn't a super accessible figure that DOES already exist. I'd grab one on Vintage card. I'd def. grab one if new.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This figure will almost definitely be the 3-pack version, which is one of the best repack choices Hasbro could have made. Hopefully they fix the knee joint colour and settle the Zutton/Takeel debate.

Reaction score
This figure will almost definitely be the 3-pack version, which is one of the best repack choices Hasbro could have made. Hopefully they fix the knee joint colour and settle the Zutton/Takeel debate.
Right? They're re-releasing a figure...that makes sense to re-release? Whoa! I think I may play the Lotto tonight now. =P

Reaction score
I want a Snaggletooth, of course. I see the speculation has already begun as to whether this will be a straight-up repack of the figure (Takeel? Zutton?) from the Target-exclusive Villains Special Action Figure Set. I was wondering the same thing. Still buying one, regardless. (y)

Would love it, though, if Hasbro surprised us and made a running variation with Blue Snaggletooth. :D

Reaction score
Surely it's a repack, at least I hope that it is, because this figure/character just doesn't warrant a redo like Boba Fett does. IMO of course.
I also don't see Hasbro wasting the tooling resources on an all new Snaggletooth when a perfectly good sculpt already exists, not when there are so many new character that need be done.

Reaction score
Repack or not, I’m happy for the 96ers. Cross it off!

Reaction score
Yakface is reporting that we maybe seeing Snaggletooth in the Vintage line up for 2021.

Who would purchasing it?
I don't care if it is Zutton or Takeel, blue or red. I will definitely buy one but only if it is released on the original vintage cardback.

Reaction score
Really happy to have him on his own card - I can't bring myself to open the three pack version because the box is so nice.

Also a heads-up but Yakface confirmed to me in the SWC discord server that Snaggletooth, the new Boba, Greef Karga, and The Child will be in the same wave as Bespin Escape Leia. That wave is already available to preorder in full at Dorkside and Entertainment Earth. I went ahead and ordered a case because I don't want to deal with any potential sellouts tomorrow when it's fully revealed the new sought-after Boba will be in this wave.

Reaction score
Now that I see the Yakface rumors of what is in the upcoming Bespin Leia case, I went ahead and ordered a set -- I'll want each figure.

In checking the Master List of waves over on their site, I thought maybe the old code name would give an indication of whether they'll go with a red or blue Snaggletooth. Unfortunately, the super-secret code name was America, which means it could be either...or a new white version.

Reaction score
I'm not interested in a repack, as I have the original Target version, but I'd happily buy a blue Snag - I don't have a single one in my collection, but I have all of the red versions. A blue Snag would likely require a brand new sculpt to get the outfit correct, which might mean Hasbro wont do it considering their dwindling amount of brand new OT sculpts in TVC as of late.

Reaction score
Really needs to be on the original cardback with an updated sculpt of POTJ Zutton, in order for me to consider it an OG96 update. Putting the Target Snaggletooth (Takeel) on a cardback with a different photo, but keeping the 'Snaggletooth' name, would bug me.
Ditto. I want that Zutton upgraded and on that beautiful vintage card.

The POTJ Zutton was good for its time, but that was around twenty years ago.

bac

Reaction score
I'll be happy with either a POTJ Zutton partial retool ala the Power Droid, or the 3-Pack repack. Can't wait to add a MOC version next to the other limited MOC cantina patrons in TVC.

Reaction score
I'll be very surprised if this is anything other than a repack of the 3-pack one but I would love to see it be the other ANH Snaggletooth. Pretty much all they would have to do is resculpt the head to be balding and repaint the body to have an orange shirt and black boots.

Reaction score
Even though the Blue Snaggletooth was never on a vintage card, I would love an all new (or at least partially new) version of him for TVC.

But yeah, I'm assuming this will just be a Target repack.

Reaction score
It’s nuts to think that Zutton is 19 years old. Fate, I can’t even process that. Somehow he almost seems new to me. Yikes.

Reaction score
Yeah it sometimes is unreal at how old a figure is, especially one that really isn't compared to others. Take VOTC Chewy for example, 16 years old but still has reasonable articulation when standing next to figures of today. I mean at times it feels like we've only had SA for a few years! lol

Granted many people are into rocker ankles and all that jazz, but when I look at Chewy would it really improve him to have BH hips and what would they look like? I can't imagine it would turn out well in this instance. Also don't see rocker ankles working well.

I honestly would prefer a Zutton update to a Snags reissue, just never cared for the humback of Notre Dame all that much.

Reaction score
Granted many people are into rocker ankles and all that jazz, but when I look at Chewy would it really improve him to have BH hips and what would they look like? I can't imagine it would turn out well in this instance. Also don't see rocker ankles working well.
The pre-TVC vintage Chewie, IG-88, and Bossk are all figures that could be done better now, (just look at the 6" versions for proof) but they hold up very well, much better than the figures they were released alongside, so they're pretty low on my list of characters that need resculpts.

Anyway, is the POTJ version Zutmore, or Zutton?
The POTJ figure is Zutmore, from the Holiday Special and the vintage card.

The ANH Snaggleteeth from the POTF2 and TVC 3-packs are separate characters/costumes, one is Zutton and one is Takeel, but there have been contradictions on which is which.

Reaction score
The POTJ figure is named Zutton, but apparently should’ve been Zutmore (Bea Arthur calls the character Zutmore in the Holiday Special). The Takeel thing is an unrelated series of mistakes!

Reaction score
I want Snaggletooth the vintage Kenner action figure remade. Not Zutton. Not Takeel. Not a character who appears in the movies or Holiday Special. I want the toy character. No shoes, big furry feet. A jumpsuit. Black Turtleneck. Piping on the sleeves and pant legs. Snaggletooth
I remember as a kid, after reading the Marvel Comics Han Solo/Magnificent Seven storyline and not having a Jaxxon action figure, Snaggletooth became the wisecracking member of Han's crew.

Reaction score
The most popular belief is snaggs here will be the obligatory repack of the wave, but had anyone thought about the Child being the repack considering a Child is due in the Mandalorian build up pack? Popular belief is the Mandalorian in the pack is repack of the Beskar version due out w/ Rex/Vader wave, so why not the Child repacked later on too? Personally, I hope the build up pack is the muddy Mando variant and not Beskar.

Reaction score
The POTJ figure is named Zutton, but apparently should’ve been Zutmore (Bea Arthur calls the character Zutmore in the Holiday Special). The Takeel thing is an unrelated series of mistakes!
Wait but which is the pink and/or orange one, and are they the same character, or cousins?
?
Heavens to Murgatroyd, ....Must be something in that name, this is a more confusing than the infamous Snaggletooth / Snagglepuss is/ isn't the same character debacle, ... even..😛
1603132089125.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction score
One per case, so those of you that need more than one are going to have to order a few. I can't believe that case breakdown....3 baby Yoda, 2 Fett, then 1x od Greef, Leia and Snaggletooth....