Smuggler's Run - 3 pack (Hondo, Rey & Chewie)

GNT

Reaction score
Hasbro will be releasing a 6" 3 pack containing Hondo, Rey and Chewie. Who's going to be purchasing this one? Thoughts on this set?

Reaction score
Same here. I'd love to have a Hondo figure. But not in a 3pack. At least not with such lackluster figures.

Reaction score
We might get a TCW or Rebels Hondo much later on but it won't be this Hondo and I'd be surprised if we see one of the others for a few more years. This figure is based on his appearance in Galaxy's Edge, there's no way they'll repack this guy. He's the reason all of us will buy this set. I honestly prefer having this over his Rebels outfit. He was kibda boring without having his red pirate coat.
I'm not big on TCW but these two designs are different still. Was he a lefty in the shows? Not sure if I like him having Krennic's DT-29. Would have liked a new weapon but it's more of an exotic choice than other existing options.

Not gonna lie kinda happy getting some different porgs, they were kinds obnoxious in the movie but I really like SW creatures in general, except those horses...

Not even gonna mind having that Rey with face printing,it's my favorite Rey design and unless TROS has another outfit it will remain to be my favorite.

Regardless I needs this set, is only for Hondo. No clue where he's going on my shelves but to me he works good as an OT era Hondo

Chewie I'm not expecting anything new. The droid and smuggler sets have inconsistencies with booth and promo shots. Guessing were getting the TFA Chewie and not the ANH one that is in some of the promo shots. Hondo has a silver blaster or a black one depending on pictures,can't remember which was pictured with the TFA Chewie. Maybe silver?

Reaction score
I've never even heard of the Hondo character until today. It looks interesting, and it's an alien!

But ... not sure if I'd want this set.

Reaction score
I would love to get Hondo - the other's not really. Oh well, Chewie for a chance to customize into another wookie.

It's good they are making some OT aliens like with Hondo, being a Weequay. It could open up for some Jabba goons :)

Reaction score
Just want Hondo on his own. Only way to get this pack would to be to go to Disney or pay silly prices on Ebay.

:(

Reaction score
Um yeah, this set makes no sense to me at all. I would have considered Hondo if sold as a single, but I have no need of those other two that are prior releases. Heck, he'd have made more sense with some Clone from TCW...

Reaction score
If this doesn't get some sort of online release then the scalpers that live in Florida and California are going to have a field day with it

Reaction score
I've never even heard of the Hondo character until today. It looks interesting, and it's an alien!

But ... not sure if I'd want this set.
For real? He was a big part of The Clone Wars animated show for years, and then returned in the Rebels cartoon series too. Admit this is a very weird way to release him. Cheap way to try and move more Rey's.

Reaction score
For real? He was a big part of The Clone Wars animated show for years, and then returned in the Rebels cartoon series too. Admit this is a very weird way to release him. Cheap way to try and move more Rey's.
Yeah, I've only seen one or two episodes of the Clone Wars. Never watched Rebels.

A big part of not getting into it was mostly because I was not into the animation style.

Reaction score
Too cutesy/cartoonish?

Now the Mandalorian - I will even get a Disney subscription for that live action goodness!

Reaction score
So bummed out by this exclusive. Hondo (in any setting, Clone Wars or Sequel Era) is an ABSOLUTE must. This thing is going to be a major pain to get. 90% of collectors will not be at Galaxy's Edge during the opening. Make this a Disney Store exclusive or something, pleasseee.

Reaction score
First time seeing this and I don't understand why Hondo would be in with Rey and Chewie? Shouldn't he in with with Ventress and Embo or something like that? I don't see where Hondo ties witn these two? Unless he is part of Enfys Nest group?

Reaction score
First time seeing this and I don't understand why Hondo would be in with Rey and Chewie? Shouldn't he in with with Ventress and Embo or something like that? I don't see where Hondo ties witn these two? Unless he is part of Enfys Nest group?

Hondo is an animatronic at one of the upcoming Disney parks. This is a Disney park set where I assume they'll also have a person in a Chewie costume and Rey look-alike.

Reaction score
So bummed out by this exclusive. Hondo (in any setting, Clone Wars or Sequel Era) is an ABSOLUTE must. This thing is going to be a major pain to get. 90% of collectors will not be at Galaxy's Edge during the opening. Make this a Disney Store exclusive or something, pleasseee.
So in order to get this I have to pay hundreds of dollars buying an airplane ticket, hotel room and pay to get into Disney park then how ever much the 3 pack cost....sounds like Ebay will be cheaper.

Reaction score
Glad I can order all 3. Seen loose pics of the other but none of Hondo...

Also the figure does have an inaccuracy with his holster, the one in the ride has a cross draw holster on his thigh like DJ. Figure just has a left thigh holster. Cross drawing a thigh holster hurts my head, Krennic's is at least on his hip. I don't even think with practice I could get a fast and clean cross draw with a thigh holster, sitting or standing. I know it's a nitpick but these things bother you when you're into firearms and using them efficiently. Hondo especially would want his gun at the ready with a fast draw. DJ I can at least see him using the coat to sneakily draw it out slow but still...

Reaction score
These sets are only running 105-110 on eBay. Not bad at all if you ask me, honestly surprised. Maybe it's the repacks hurting the value, either way that wouldn't hardly be worth my time to sell in my opinion. Tax, fees, and shipping end up being about 25+. So 10 dollar profit?

Reaction score
These sets are only running 105-110 on eBay. Not bad at all if you ask me, honestly surprised. Maybe it's the repacks hurting the value, either way that wouldn't hardly be worth my time to sell in my opinion. Tax, fees, and shipping end up being about 25+. So 10 dollar profit?
Wait until July and you can get them for retail plus shipping. That's all of a month away. I'm not paying an extra $50 per set just to satisfy the "GOTTA HAVE IT NOW" impulse.

Reaction score
Wait until July and you can get them for retail plus shipping. That's all of a month away. I'm not paying an extra $50 per set just to satisfy the "GOTTA HAVE IT NOW" impulse.
Exactly, plus with the repacks, I have a funny feeling these won't be flying off the shelves as quickly as other exclusive sets have in the past.

Reaction score
It’s sad the only set that looks good is the First order one. Though we have to get another Kylo. The smuggler one is really a waste just one new figure, Hondo.

Reaction score
Oh I'm waiting, just surprised that's all they're going for. Figured they'd be a solid 140+. Just don't understand resellers taking all this time to make 5-10 bucks.

Reaction score
I went to Downtown Disney today, and all three exclusive sets were there in great numbers. I doubt this one will be hard to find, or difficult to order online. I only bought this one - no need for the others in my collection.

Despite being two repacks, I gladly bought because it's the first time Rey has been released with the photoreal paint apps on her face in this outfit, and I can use another Chewie - I display figures grouped by film, and I don't have a Chewie for each film yet.

Hondo is obviously the standout, though, and it's a great figure. His inclusion in the park, as well as the story around his inclusion, makes me wonder if he will show up in Episode 9 in some capacity.

GNT

Reaction score
So in order to get this I have to pay hundreds of dollars buying an airplane ticket, hotel room and pay to get into Disney park then how ever much the 3 pack cost....sounds like Ebay will be cheaper.
It'd be a fun weekend that's for sure but the ebay seller can go instead :p

Good news that'll be offered online now, Hondo is the winner here.

Reaction score
Oh I'm waiting, just surprised that's all they're going for. Figured they'd be a solid 140+. Just don't understand resellers taking all this time to make 5-10 bucks.
The last time I looked two days ago, the average price was $120-140.

It wouldn't surprise me at all to see these prices fall, as the general vibe seems to be, no one is anxiously trying to obtain these exclusives?

The First Order set seems to be the most appealing of the three, as far as dollar value/new figure sculpt ratio goes.

Reaction score
I went to Downtown Disney today, and all three exclusive sets were there in great numbers. I doubt this one will be hard to find, or difficult to order online. I only bought this one - no need for the others in my collection.

Despite being two repacks, I gladly bought because it's the first time Rey has been released with the photoreal paint apps on her face in this outfit, and I can use another Chewie - I display figures grouped by film, and I don't have a Chewie for each film yet.

Hondo is obviously the standout, though, and it's a great figure. His inclusion in the park, as well as the story around his inclusion, makes me wonder if he will show up in Episode 9 in some capacity.
How much are the sets each?

Reaction score
There's a HUGE difference between being available at Downtown Disney (outside the park), or inside the park. That alone will probably help keep the prices down.

Reaction score
I was in GE itself Friday (posted more trip detail in the Disney thread) and the parks all weekend and these were plentiful everywhere including World of Disney in Downtown Disney. I got myself a set of each but not sure if I am keeping them. They are nice but I don't really have anywhere to put them.

Reaction score
I was in GE itself Friday (posted more trip detail in the Disney thread) and the parks all weekend and these were plentiful everywhere including World of Disney in Downtown Disney. I got myself a set of each but not sure if I am keeping them. They are nice but I don't really have anywhere to put them.
Is the cost $30 each like we've heard?

Reaction score
Bummer, someone on facebook said they paid $30 for each one. Got my hopes up. Oh well, I"ll still spend $70 on Hondo.