Smaller scaled vehicles, will you be collecting?

Will you be collecting the smaller scale vehicles?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Just because I'll accept BMF vehicles that are still smaller than scale, doesn't mean I'll accept existing vehicles that have been shrunk to match. Not sure if this strategy is going to pay off, but cheap vehicles for the kids is pretty tempting for parents. If I can still get the original or bigger molds with extra detail for older collectors, then I don't see a problem.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The fact that a few 'sheeple' collectors are buying into this concept and actually purchasing these diabolical things with their hard-earned cash, simply baffles me no end. It Just goes to show, and proves the fact that if Hasbro throws crap at them they would buy it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Can you imagine what the episode VII toys will be like? I'm guessing 5 points of articulation with class 1 mini-rigs across the board. History repeating itself. Super articulation will be looked back on with fond bitter sweet memories. It's been a great few years though.

Reaction score
Shudders at the thought. However, if for some reason they doled out some rhetoric about how articulation is causing them financial ruin and I had to pick the areas I would tolerate losing articulation it would be ankles, hips and wrists, especially since the latter two are more recent additions anyway and since the wrist joints on some figures were ugly anyway. I could possibly learn to deal with lack of ball hinged shoulders but beyond that they become significantly less fun.

I remember when Hasbro started to slowly expand their tooling budget I thought it was weird that with some of the Comic Pack figures they would invest in ankle joints but no knee joints which didn't add anything to the figure. Knee joints with no ankle joints is a vastly better alternative.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A rebelscum news article said these are supposed to be kept in the back at Target until February 11th?

OK - my Target stocked them and NO ONE is buying them. The new smaller vehicles might hurt the line for years to come if kids don't buy these. The Slave-One box is so skinny and small (smaller than the 2002 AOTC Slace-One Saga Collection) that I am scared to see what's inside the box.

Reaction score
Bought a set of these today and I am very disappointed. These look so ridiculous. Hasbro has really cheapened these up. Not to mention the scale is so off for your 3 3/4 figures.

Reaction score
I saw Obi's fighter and Slave I the other day. I boxes actually looked bigger than I'd originally thought.

Anyway, those two ships aren't for me. The tank might be interesting, but I'd like to see more pics of it with figures around it first.

I have a feeling that we'll see the Jedi fighter repainted as Anakin's in the fall and maybe they'll repaint Slave I to be Boba's version as well.:wtf:

Reaction score
Skimming this thread (and others like it) I have a question: does anyone have any numbers as to how much of the market for SW toys is comprised of adult collectors?

I can't get my head around it. These are kids toys, but they're also from a movie franchise more than 30 years old...(plus I have no idea as to what kind of numbers the higher end non-toy collectibles are produced.) ...but keeping the question to Hasbro's kids' line...can anyone tell me (or estimate) what kind of impact adult collectors actually have on Hasbro's bottom line?

Reaction score
Skimming this thread (and others like it) I have a question: does anyone have any numbers as to how much of the market for SW toys is comprised of adult collectors?

I can't get my head around it. These are kids toys, but they're also from a movie franchise more than 30 years old...(plus I have no idea as to what kind of numbers the higher end non-toy collectibles are produced.) ...but keeping the question to Hasbro's kids' line...can anyone tell me (or estimate) what kind of impact adult collectors actually have on Hasbro's bottom line?
Adults are the ones with money. Granted there may be a low percentage of parents that buy these for their kids as gifts, but at the end of the day it is the hard-core collector who pays for this stuff and it's our hard-earned cash that goes towards future releases, some of which like the awful recent shrunken vehicles will sit on shelves till clearance due to not being the collectors 'cup of tea'.

Reaction score
Adults are the ones with money.
Yes...what I'm trying to get a feel for is how many adults are collectors and how many are buying for kids.

Granted there may be a low percentage of parents that buy these for their kids as gifts, but at the end of the day it is the hard-core collector who pays for this stuff and it's our hard-earned cash that goes towards future releases, some of which like the awful recent shrunken vehicles will sit on shelves till clearance due to not being the collectors 'cup of tea'.
Not having kids myself, this is maybe what's confusing me. I'm wondering how much of a children's audience OT and PT merchandise has thanks to DVD and maybe Clone Wars.

Reaction score
just watched the feed from Toy Fair 2013 and unfortunately the Class 2 Vehicles are going to continue the stupid shrunken vehicle concept.

Reaction score
just watched the feed from Toy Fair 2013 and unfortunately the Class 2 Vehicles are going to continue the stupid shrunken vehicle concept.
So if that's how they want to continue hopefully they will make things like Dooku's Solar Sailer and the Lars Family Speeder or anything else that this scale is appropriate for.

Reaction score
So when are we gonna see an MMF (Mini Millennium Falcon)? Might as well shrink that too, right?
Please don't give the sheep at Hasbro ideas? it's enough that very few gullible sheep collectors bought the last lot, don't encourage them.

Reaction score
I won't be collecting any of this crap. That it's even come to this state of miniaturization is mind-boggling.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been a hard core completist since the renaissance of the line, but this has killed it for me.
These smaller scaled releases should have been introduced as an entirely different line and not presented in the same format, as the regular scaled vehicles.
Not that I would have bought them mind you. Just think that it's quite silly and a waste of resources.

Reaction score
I, too, am a hard line completist but will be drawing the line at these not-quite-mini-rigs. I had considered it briefly but once I saw images (especially those with figures next to them for scale) I instantly realized these stray too far from what I consider the Hasbro Star Wars collection. They are neither here nor there and don't seem to belong anywhere.

Reaction score
The only vehicles that would have been ok to scale down would have the Vulture Droid(the single release version that was in the boxes that are the same size as a Jedi Starfighter were waaaay to big, IMO), and to a lesser extent, the Hyena Bombers also.
I thought the original released sized Vulture Droids (EpI 3-pack, then in the ROTS Deluxe pack) were fine. Maybe a teeny bit larger than those would be perfect, but I just always felt the Jedi Starfighter sized Vulture Droids were quite a bit too large.

The 1 other vehicle that I have a small gripe with are the large winged TIE Fighters. I mean, compare them to the Falcon now(yes, the BIG Falcon), and the wings look far too large. I never had any gripes with the original ones if put in a diorama hanging chasing the Falcon look perfect.
Having said that, however, nor do I have any gripes with the lager winged TIE Fighters ----however unlike the smaller ones, the larger ones do look out of place next to the Falcon. They look great as a "stand-alone" piece, but not with other vehicles. I think maybe a "Mid-size" winged TIE could be a concept?