Smaller scaled vehicles, will you be collecting?

Will you be collecting the smaller scale vehicles?

• Total voters
Reaction score
Totally depends on what they will produce. So far, it is one possible buy out of five (not sure what is class I or class II here, and too lazy to look it up):

The MTT mini-rig? I might get that, although it is a Hasbro fantasy vehicle.

Yoda's starfighter? Ridiculous. Skip.

Obi-Wan's starfighter? I have at least two Delta-A and two Delta-B versions of that. No more please. Skip.

Republic Tank? Already have some of these, too. Skip.

Slave-I? Come on, the thing is a laugh. Can you feed it so it grows a bit, or will it stay a runt? Skip!

I agree that it is a kid birthday gift line, and there is still some potential for some smaller vehicles or droids that are actually scaled right at this size. I just don't quite see which ones have both the right size and the kid attraction. Jabba's Skiff, A-Wing, Snowspeeder, Landspeeders, Skyhopper... these are actually all too big already to fit the price point when scaled halfway correctly. A loader droid, a huge vaporator, a Tatooine market stall... these would have the right size but are of no interest for kids.

I am afraid Hasbro will indeed give us (or rather, the kids) vehicles they did already bigger and better, but now rescaled and distorted until they fit the 20$ box. No wait, "afraid" isn't quite the word, since I can skip them all and save money.

Reaction score
I just thought of another vehicle that I feel could benefit from a scale-down:

Just as long as the include at least four Buzz Droids with him.

I also wouldn't mind a new TIE Fighter that has its wings scaled down a bit. It feels like they slightly overdid it with the larger version.

Reaction score
It depends on what is made and how accurate they are. I do like the scale - much easier to display. But I will withhold judgment until i see them in person

Reaction score
It depends on what is made and how accurate they are. I do like the scale - much easier to display. But I will withhold judgment until i see them in person
Yep - I concur. Depending on what Hasbro decide to produce, I would never say never...

:) The Jury is still deliberating at this point: to a stay of execution, or condemnation with a guilty verdict... the tension mounts! :p

Reaction score
I think once we see some of the ships, we might be surprised at how cool they are. I'm really hoping for some OT ones for some time next year, but I can see them holding off until ANH comes out.

Reaction score
If they had to drop to this smaller scale, I just wish they would do vehicles that would actually be *in scale* at this size that they've never done - the Lars family speeder, Bail Organa's speeder, Tattooine rickshaw with droid... There are actually a lot of choices that would be great in this size instead of rehashing already done vehicles.

Reaction score
Is $20 the max you would have to pay or the standard price for any 'small scale' vehicle produced?

Reaction score
As far as we know, yes. The Mini-Rigs with two action figures and the slightly bigger Starfighter ships are both planned to cost $20.
If retailers will keep to Hasbro's suggested retail price or not is another question.

Reaction score
If they had to drop to this smaller scale, I just wish they would do vehicles that would actually be *in scale* at this size that they've never done - the Lars family speeder, Bail Organa's speeder, Tattooine rickshaw with droid... There are actually a lot of choices that would be great in this size instead of rehashing already done vehicles.

This is a good idea. Hasbro could really run with this and make some great stuff. Does it really matter whether Bail is interesting or not? Just throw a couple of troopers with any vehicle and people will buy it. I really hope vehicles don't have to fulfill the aggressive requirement to get made in this line.

Reaction score
Another vehicle they could make for the first time ever in this smaller scale:
The Gian Speeder. Could seat two Naboo soldiers facing each others back- one driver, one gunner.

It actually wouldn't be that much of a scale-down either.

Reaction score
Another vehicle they could make for the first time ever in this smaller scale:
The Gian Speeder. Could seat two Naboo soldiers facing each others back- one driver, one gunner.

It actually wouldn't be that much of a scale-down either.
I honestly don't know why this wasn't made yet the flash speeder was. I guess I always found this one more interesting than the flash speeder. Even in the clone wars they could do a Police speeder. At this point I wouldn't mind seeing a medical BARC speeder, at least that wouldn't take too much to retool.

Reaction score
That would be a good one. I'm all for vehicles that seat more than one person.

Reaction score
I chose "no". And to a large extent that's true.

However if they have a very well done one that also happens to be in scale, I'd buy one. Or if they have one that comes with two figures that happen to be VERY good army builders I may think about it. Otherwise they're going to be easy passes for me (and all of the ones I have seen images for so far have been unable to capture my attention).

In a way though, this is a non issue to me. I have no room in my collection for a new vehicle at any scale, currently, regardless of quality. So I won't be buying any vehicles anyway, unless I find on that is an update to one I currently have AND It's a good price.

Come to think about it, there's absolutely. . . nothing coming out next year that we know of so far that I'll be trying to hunt down anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This is the only way. Things like this I want.

But mini-Slave 1? Small versions of established large vehicles?

No.

Just no.

Reaction score
Like most collectors, and that's no surprise, there is no way i'll buy scaled down versions of vehicles already made. I could settle for yet unreleased small vehicles such as the Gian speeder that would add to the collection.
Good news is that i'll save a lot of $$$ starting next year that i could use on a surprise "Big" announcement.

Reaction score
-I would agree with this as well. Any of the above vehicles, and the Gian Speeder, I would buy in the smaller scale, as they are smaller vehicles. Also, would a repacked/retooled Wookiee Flyer/Ornithroper/Gnasp fit in this scale, to tie in with the ROTS release?

Reaction score
That airspeeder is very close in design to the Jedi Turbo speeder (not sure about its real name) released last year. That may help Hasbro decide for it. I know i"d buy at least one if it were release.

Reaction score
Just wondering, but is this now the norm for class II ships. Are all future new ships i.e. something from the clone wars/ film ship gonna be this crappy size, or are they just skimping out on a few essentially repacks of old ships?

Reaction score
Just wondering, but is this now the norm for class II ships. Are all future new ships i.e. something from the clone wars/ film ship gonna be this crappy size, or are they just skimping out on a few essentially repacks of old ships?
It seems that this is the new size for all Class II ships. They could always use the other molds for exclusives, but it does not seem like any new ship will be the size we have now.

I'm assuming we'll see some decent new mini rigs in the Clas I line and I don't think those are changing. In the Clas II line, I figure we'll see a rehas of the ROTS Jedi starfighters and such.

Does anybody know if the landspeeder, in it's current form, could fit in this line or would that have to be smaller too?

Reaction score
Over 90% say they are passing in the poll! I see nothing to convert me in these latest pics either. Like sandtroopers.com says: "Crash and burn".

Reaction score
That size comparison pic betweent the original IFT-X and the new one is shocking. The scale on these things are hideous, it's like hobbit ships or something. They better not start shrinking figures to accomodate the scale better...

PS is the jedi starfighter actually closer to scale now? They seemed pretty small in AOTC, so was just wondering if anyone knew.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Wow, that new Republic Tank is tiny! Going to re new my efforts to track down the original think....

Reaction score
Very telling poll indeed!

We shall see though when these hit if people keep to their word and not buy, I know I will not. Over here vehicles are not big sellers with kids and collectors don't want these so I really hope Hasbro NZ decides not to bring them over here as these will sit for a very long time.

GNT

Reaction score
They'd **** off a lot of collectors if they did change scales, many fans would simply stop collecting.

Very telling poll indeed!

We shall see though when these hit if people keep to their word and not buy, I know I will not. Over here vehicles are not big sellers with kids and collectors don't want these so I really hope Hasbro NZ decides not to bring them over here as these will sit for a very long time.
Vehicles are the same here, not much demand for them due to the price, maybe the smaller vehicles might work out but I highly doubt it.

Reaction score
Well the idea better just stay on the drawing board. As soon as the scale changes, I'd be out. I'm still gutted they upscaled the Halo figures from the previous waves. They're just about compatible, but it's at a push. If they shrunk SW ones down, they'd be totally out since we'd have characters like Chewbacca essentially only a few cm taller than a current Yoda figure.

The poll is very telling, but it could also be down to vehicle choice for the first wave. We've all seen much better versions of these vehicles. Maybe if they start doing new vehicles that we haven't seen before, we wouldn't know any comparison and so may like them. Of course, 'may' is the dealbreaker word in that sentence.

Reaction score
Do you guys think with the new movies on the horizon and hopefully a boost in sales that we will eventually get the bigger scale ships back? It would stink if all the new vehicles from the movies are in this newer scale.

Reaction score
Do you guys think with the new movies on the horizon and hopefully a boost in sales that we will eventually get the bigger scale ships back? It would stink if all the new vehicles from the movies are in this newer scale.
I would think in a movie year that they would return to larger scale vehicles - primarily because they could (theoretically) sell much more of the vehicles, therefore bringing the cost down a bit. That's my hope, at least. I'd hate to have horridly out of scale ships if there is cool stuff coming down the pipe in Episode seven.

Reaction score
You don't have to buy the new smaller ships. Wait for the larger ones that will be on sale alongside them.

Like 2013's ESB version of the large "Rise Of Boba Fett" BMF.

Reaction score
I think we'll have to wait and see how big the ships are from the new films. I agree that in a (new) film year, the chances are better for larger or regular sized vehicles. However, I still think the price is going to be the biggest factor. If they price fits the economic situation, then we'll see.

I have a feeling that 2013 will be a make or break year for some vehicles. If people buy these like hotcakes, then it will continue. If sales are slow, Hasbro will have to rethink it's strategy.

Reaction score
I only plan on purchasing smaller ships that are new. No resizes, minis, etc., for me.

Reaction score
I will keep an eye on this line out of curiosity. I'm not a diehard vehicle or scale nut by any means, so if they make any cool OT ships in this scale, I will consider them.

Bear in mind my main collection is Transformers, where scale matters about as much as common sense does to elected officials.