Sloppy or me expecting to much of people....

Reaction score
Ok firstly, its not technically a SW figure but give me a moment. Looking around on ebay for a few goodies to add to the shelf, I found a reasonably priced Hot Toys Black widow and a few others that I wouldn't of minded adding to the collection. Now having never purchased from the individual before I only purchased one and not another figure as well just in case. He does import a lot of them it seems, and had what seemed like good feedback so give him a chance.

After purchasing from the individual, I sent a message asking him to make sure its appropriately wrapped/packaged for postage. I think you'll agree that with items like this and the prices of them good packaging kind of goes without saying correct? Well this is how it turned out, the back is just the same. Posted in an old NikNaks box, loose with no padding what so ever.

I did message him after but didn't receive a response so left it a while in case he was busy, in the end I just chalked it up as a meh what ever and left him some feedback. Then I get a response.

Him
Hi,
Why have you left negative feedback? Is there an issue with the figure?
Thanks
Me
Good evening,
When I purchased Black Widow from you, I asked to make sure you appropriately wrap and make sure it has sufficient protection for postage. The figure arrived in an old thin Niknak box, loosely rattling around without any form of padding bubble wrap or anything. The figure box was bashed and crumpled on the corner and side, the cover and the inner too, completely avoidable to be honest. I had previously sent a message informing you of it with images provided, and got nothing back from you at all offering any solution or even an apology.

These arn't cheap, and the way it was posted was just inadequate hence the damage.
Him

This is the first time this has ever happened.
Do you have proof of the message you sent to me? I don’t have anything in my inbox and would always look to resolve any issue to avoid negative feedback and ensure customer satisfaction​
Him
I see slight damage to the corner, im willing to send you £10 if you remove the negative feedback.
Me
Probably best you keep the money, to remove it wouldn't be fair on other potential buyers if they are unaware of the standard of packaging used for high end items.
Him
Thats your opinion, please dont purchase from me again

I left it at that, it honestly just would not sit well with me taking money to remove feedback or right for other collectors. Am I expecting to much and being a cockwomble? hmm And yes this is a UK based seller hence why I posted it here, if it needs to be moved just do so.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_1797.JPG
    IMG_1797.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1798.JPG
    IMG_1798.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1800.JPG
    IMG_1800.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1802.JPG
    IMG_1802.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1803.JPG
    IMG_1803.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
Reaction score
I use bubble wrap for £10 items I sell on eBay. Not using it for an item that costs an order of magnitude more seems dumb. Additionally, not responding to your email is poor. I would have been tempted to open a dispute and return the item after that.

Reaction score
Yeah I was going to but I haven't the time to run around, the box was so flimsy he might as well of used news paper...... Oh well, his reputation at the end of the day.