Slave 1

Reaction score
Is it really the case, that BS collectors/buyers are so many more than 3.75? Really curious what people in the US think or see. Of course it is more of a nostalgia driven collectors market, but I think a lot of the differences between the lines is by intention by Hasbro. I understand that the repacks will keep the line alive as new collectors also want to have the main characters and not only skiff guards that no one else knows beside us. I think most is driven by the fact, that Hasbro has 2 main Star Wars lines that compete witch each other and they decided to mainly go for 6". The other one is then the niche market with lower production numbers. They know they cannot let 3.75 go completely as they might lose devoted collectors and that might affect also the 6" line on the longer run. So to keep us on board, they run the 3.75 line on a base mode, and sprinkle in here or there a few fan items. They probably also see us as a niche market willing to pay higher prices (just look at the aftermarket), so they put prices like for Slave 1 not based on real production costs, but on evaluated possible market prices they could ask for.

I can tell you that TVC for most countries in Europe (Like here in Greece) is only possible through online or amazon.de / .it / .com. But, Black series no issues.

TVC is certainly shrinking into a limited market.

Reaction score
Ok. I mostly (99%) order my TVC stuff online, so I have no real experience in that. But it would be interesting to see what share og the action toys the TVC line still has. These are darkening times for a 3.75 collector. I recently started to Buy the Hiya Alien toys, because they have the real cool APC. The figures are OK, but nothing compared to the NECA Alien line which is again 6". It's either detailed figures, or figures with vehicles.

Reaction score
7 years later, the cost of petrol and oil (Fundamental in making plastic and paint, and transport) has drastically increased. Add to that the addition costs Hasbro needs to break even / make a profit, and weigh it with everything else in life... $ 150 USD is about right. All the collector goods from around 10 years back, were 40% to 50% cheaper then. Look at the Kotobukiya statues, 1/18 Die cast models... unfortunately this is our present economy.

And production in Asia, is no longer as cheap as it was a decade ago... that's also been increasing...

Crude oil cost more in 2011 than it does now.

Reaction score
Crude oil cost more in 2011 than it does now.
True. I looked it up. A barrel of crude oil was around $87 in 2011 (around $99 adjusted for inflation). Today it's around $50 for 2019 and 2020. There goes that theory. LOL! :ROFLMAO:

After around 2014 oil prices dropped considerably and hasn't gone up much since.

Reaction score
It's across the board though. Vehicles doubled in price. 1/6 statues double, tripled in price. 1/3, 1/4 statues now can't be touched for under $1200. This is in the last 5 years. It's like they just make up their own prices, and see what we will or won't pay and adjust accordingly. Wages have not kept up with the cost of these collectables. Personally, I am in a much better place than I was 5 years ago ago, so for me it's a non issue. But for others, it can drive them out of the hobby.

Reaction score
Agree with all of this re: rising costs, but remember that even if some one stays in the collecting hobby - they don't have to collect/buy all of these toys if they don't want to. In the case of this new Slave I, it's an easy pass for me since I have the '96 version & am very content with that.

However, I do buy cool never before made vehicles like the Imperial Hovertank.... or a very cool rarely made vehicle like the Mandalorian ITT.

I.e., you don't need to buy everything coming out - and I know not everyone does.

Reaction score
I’ll be passing on this as well. I have the last Vintage Collection release of it, I think I paid around $30-35. For some reason Toys R Us Express got them in at a weird clearance price. The paint on the bottom does not justify the price tag. If they redid a Jango version maybe since I never bought the Clone Wars set.

Just kind of odd that an old sculpt with a little new paint costs more than an entirely new sculpt that comes with a figure for Black series. 🤷🏻‍♂️

There was only one ship piloted by a Mandalorian that I wanted to see at Toy Fair. I would have preordered that before you could say: I have spoken

Reaction score
Looks good but way too expensive for what it is. Tired of overpriced repaints. They can’t even be bothered to make a new Boba or at the very least include the crappy one with it.

Reaction score
Looks good but way too expensive for what it is. Tired of overpriced repaints. They can’t even be bothered to make a new Boba or at the very least include the crappy one with it.
2 TVC carded bespin guards...Sgt E repack from TLC and alt head Caucasian to match orig kenner card would've helped a bit, but as it is, i'm gonna have to wait 'till clearance or catch it marked down on either amazon- if they have it listed- or best buy

Reaction score
I'll be buying one. Would have been good to buy a second one to keep MISB but at 150 I think I'll just go for one.

Reaction score
Agree with all of this re: rising costs, but remember that even if some one stays in the collecting hobby - they don't have to collect/buy all of these toys if they don't want to. In the case of this new Slave I, it's an easy pass for me since I have the '96 version & am very content with that.

However, I do buy cool never before made vehicles like the Imperial Hovertank.... or a very cool rarely made vehicle like the Mandalorian ITT.

I.e., you don't need to buy everything coming out - and I know not everyone does.
I stick to Boba Fett and Vader collectibles, that is my primary focus. I do dabble in OT Stormtroopers and other characters, but on a very limited basis.

Problem for me is Boba is my focus, I never got the Slave 1 in the past and this is better than $300 on ebay, with a nicer paint job. Sucks, but it is what is it.

I have no problem getting this, heck I am excited to get this. But for others, my point is things have gone up in an absurd way over the last 5 years with little to no justification for it across the board.

I also agree, you simply cannot buy it all. Even if money is not an issue, we ALL have space issues!!

Reaction score
It's across the board though. Vehicles doubled in price. 1/6 statues double, tripled in price. 1/3, 1/4 statues now can't be touched for under $1200. This is in the last 5 years. It's like they just make up their own prices, and see what we will or won't pay and adjust accordingly. Wages have not kept up with the cost of these collectables. Personally, I am in a much better place than I was 5 years ago ago, so for me it's a non issue. But for others, it can drive them out of the hobby.
Yeah, I started to collect toys because they were cheap. That's what really made them attractive, as well as the nostalgia factor, but mostly because they were cheap representations of what I saw on-screen or in other multimedia.
I have bought ACTUAL screen-used props for less than what Hasbro is charging for some of their toys nowadays.

The current state of 3 3/4" collecting, all around, has me spending more on other hobbies, like screen-used film props and autographs, NFL game-used items, and firearms, than I did previously. Simply because the price gap between them is much more negligible than it used to be.

Reaction score
Yeah, I started to collect toys because they were cheap. That's what really made them attractive, as well as the nostalgia factor, but mostly because they were cheap representations of what I saw on-screen or in other multimedia.
I have bought ACTUAL screen-used props for less than what Hasbro is charging for some of their toys nowadays.

The current state of 3 3/4" collecting, all around, has me spending more on other hobbies, like screen-used film props and autographs, NFL game-used items, and firearms, than I did previously. Simply because the price gap between them is much more negligible than it used to be.
Awesome!! I collect MLB Game Used items, autographs in person too! I have a whole room full of my collection.

Reaction score
I also agree, I got into more prop replicas and statues because toys have gone up so much. I still like to get Boba and Vader, but I know where you are coming from.

Reaction score
But at least the Razor Crest would be more justifiable as it requires new tooling! Hello! 🤪

Slave 1 mold already exists, hence was already paid for from two different releases TCW and ESB.

I'm not advocating pennies on the dollar or clearance, but reasonable prices. If Hasbro can survive off of people the few waning to pay top Dollar for this stuff they're welcome to each others.

I have no problem sitting it out and watching how it unfolds for them. By the way I bough a Barge and haven't regretted the price I paid for it!
So I'm not exactly a cheapskate..

Reaction score
Still undecided on this. It wont hit any kind of clearance here in the uk and will most likely sell out on preorders with a few that will go up for sale on the e tailers and last about 5 mins.. Dont have any kind of Slave 1 in my collection so would like to pick it up

Reaction score
Different sizes. There was a larger version Amazon exclusive in a vintage style box that came out in 2013. See how it looks and compare to the smaller version here...
http://www.rebelscum.com/Slave-I-The-Vintage-Collection-Amazon-Star-Wars.asp
Thank you for sharing this! Looking at the photos from Toyfair, the Slave 1 looked massive compared to the only one I ever owned (from Shadows of the Empire-which I no longer have). I am glad to see it is at least a more in scale ship, though still not close to actual scale.

Reaction score
Not sure if I should have bumped the old topic, or posted here. I have the 2012 Slave I, but only now have I bothered to finally do the spring fix. I hope you guys buying the new version don't get stuck having to fix this. Mine is sorta fixed, but I find the cockpit doesn't stay locked very well. But the wings do now stay "flat" like they should, which is nice.

From ebay, I ordered the plexiglass stand for this. After 8 years of looking at that ship sitting flat, it's nice to look over and see it displayed in flight! I'll be ordering more of that seller's stands.

Reaction score
Not sure if I should have bumped the old topic, or posted here. I have the 2012 Slave I, but only now have I bothered to finally do the spring fix. I hope you guys buying the new version don't get stuck having to fix this. Mine is sorta fixed, but I find the cockpit doesn't stay locked very well. But the wings do now stay "flat" like they should, which is nice.

From ebay, I ordered the plexiglass stand for this. After 8 years of looking at that ship sitting flat, it's nice to look over and see it displayed in flight! I'll be ordering more of that seller's stands.

I did the exact same thing and purchased the exact same stand. Saves space and looks great!

Reaction score
Anyone have an accurate release date for this, some say April, some say May, some say June...

Reaction score
Anyone have an accurate release date for this, some say April, some say May, some say June...

I don't think it's possible to have any kind of accurate release date with the current state of the globe...but I could be wrong.

Reaction score
Someone already posted in hand box pics of the update Slave 1 in the SW TVC facebook group.

Reaction score
My Hasbro Pulse status is still showing "approximately April 27th" …. of course I expect that to be off given the pandemic.

Reaction score
Someone did an unboxing of the new Slave 1 on the TVC Facebook page.
Looks really good, not sure about $149 good, but maybe $100 good

Reaction score
Preorders I'm looking forward to most are the NECA Alien Nostromo crew members and this Slave 1 release.

Never got this bigger version of the ship before and am eager to replace my outdated POTF2 Slave 1. I also have an AOTC Jango ship but the OG ESB deco is preferred and this looks impressively done.

The price? Meh. I don't care, it's a one-off purchase and my Star Wars collecting days are almost at an end since the 3.75'' line is being gradually canned, lets face it.

Reaction score
What are you talking about, it's not like Hasbro ever had an accurate release date prior to this in the first place.

Reaction score
It's the reverse of the Mitch Hedberg "I used to do drugs" joke: Hasbro's release dates are inaccurate. They also used to be, but they are now too.

Reaction score
It's nice, I think this re-release is overpriced considering it's a re-release...but if you missed out before I definitely think it's an essential ship to own.

Reaction score
Yeah I went ahead and pre-ordered it too, better safe than sorry. I can always cancel anytime until it ships if i decide against it. While I'm not thrilled with the price for this, I can always justify it somewhere else with rewards points.

Reaction score
I preordered one this week. I always liked the 90s version and wouldn’t mind an upgrade. Ever since I got my Barge I’ve been interested in the vehicles more.