Slave 1

Reaction score
These three figures would be a good start to the BOOK OF BOBA FETT wave.

Boba Fett (Desert Nomad Robes with Gaffi Stick)
Fennec Shand
Boba Fett (Armor Refinish Refresh)
A part of me is wondering whether a certain Correllian might make a fleeting appearance in this series.

Reaction score
If Han is in it, surely it’ll just be for a moment—a cameo, if you will.

Anyway, Fett is about to blow up even bigger than ever, and that’s saying something. This Slave I really is a great, either as collectible or investment.

Reaction score
I hope not. I think any attempt at some big rivalry between Fett and Han would be pretty silly. If Fett held some huge grudge against Solo... how is Solo even alive for the Sequels...
All he needs is a stick and a Wookiee spotter.

Reaction score
Anyway, Fett is about to blow up even bigger than ever, and that’s saying something. This Slave I really is a great, either as collectible or investment.
Every time I think about getting this, I look at the pics again and see that it just isn't accurate enough for the OT (ramp) for me to shell out that kind of money for it. I'm Boba Fett neutral, not a mega-fan, but I still think he's a cool character, so for me to put any money on a new version of this (I have the vintage one from way back and still find it cool), they'd have to redo the interior (like in the Incredible Cross sections book) and the ramp to get my money.

Reaction score
If Han is in it, surely it’ll just be for a moment—a cameo, if you will.

Until the Haslab version that is sure to come. I don't know why people don't think they will do it.

Reaction score
I could see them offer a "Mandalorian" Slave I with newly revealed passengers area but that would certainly need to be significantly larger than the one we have now and necessitate quite the effort in redesigning the whole thing. This being said, i guess there are other projects that would likely take precedence as Big Slave I as it is now is already checking lots of boxes for most collectors.

Reaction score
Haslab will never be used for a larger Slave 1. They will only use it for new projects not for redoing previously made items.
And did you come across this "knowledge "? I am always amazed when people could pull complete nonsense out of thin air and state it like its actual fact.

Reaction score
Haslab will never be used for a larger Slave 1. They will only use it for new projects not for redoing previously made items.
I don't think a HasLab Slave I is likely either, at least in the near future, but that statement is not true.

The HasLab Sentinel was made despite Hasbro making Sentinels in the past.

And not doing previously made items would eliminate Star Wars vehicles that potentially deserve the 3.75" HasLab treatment like the Sandcrawler, Lambda-class Imperial Shuttle, and the GR-75 Rebel Transport.

Reaction score
I’d love a larger Slave 1. But as it was just pre-ordered for an additional release... that seems unlikely.

Reaction score
I hope not. I think any attempt at some big rivalry between Fett and Han would be pretty silly. If Fett held some huge grudge against Solo... how is Solo even alive for the Sequels...
EXACTLY! Where this whole Solo vs Fett mega rivalry thing comes from I'll never know...

Reaction score
EXACTLY! Where this whole Solo vs Fett mega rivalry thing comes from I'll never know...
The Expanded Universe had a lot (read: excessive) amount of Fett vs Solo stories filled with bitter rivalry and angst which made him capturing him in ESB super personal.

I'm glad that's been toned down in the new canon.

Reaction score
So far, the only thing that would justify a New Haslab Slave 1 over the BS1 that we already have is the two-level design. The Mando Slave 1 does not do anything that the BS1 can't do, so far. Seismic bombs, some shooting, a rotating interior - we have that already.
And for the second level to fit (including rotation), a Haslab Slave 1 would need to be gigantic - more than twice as high as the current one.

Also, the Razor Crest will only be delivered next autumn... shortly before the Book of Boba Fett premieres... and how long will that run? How much Slave 1 will we see there? Will it justify a Haslab project? Perhaps they'll blow it up too. Unlikely that Hasbro will push the next Haslab on top of the RC; I would assume they will want to see how Boba Fett turns out and what other details about the Slave 1 will be revealed there. If Boba Fett is just a miniseries, the window of opportunity may close before Hasbro can do a crowdfunding on it.

Reaction score
I don't need some Fett Han rivalry, to me it was simply a bounty that Fett collected on, nothing personal. If hope they don't go down that road from the EU as it wasn't all that interesting, there's about 100 other stories that were.

I wouldn't expect Han to show up because it just doesn't fit IMO, this era of Fett seems a bit different than he was when collecting Bounties. So even if there were a bounty out on Solo 5 years after ROTJ, would Boba even care? Surely there are a few other Hunters in the Galaxy. That said i wouldn't put it past them since they do already have an actor to play Solo, perhaps a minor cameo if at all.

Correct me if I'm wrong as my memory isn't as good as it used to be, but was the Millennium Falcon not a previous item?

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect Han to show up because it just doesn't fit IMO, this era of Fett seems a bit different than he was when collecting Bounties. So even if there were a bounty out on Solo 5 years after ROTJ, would Boba even care?
Yeah, it's so very unlikely that Fett includes Han. Why would there be a bounty on Han? He's a New Republic General now. The original bounty had already been collected by Boba; no other bounty was implied. Boba is on Tatooine; why would Han return there, with his new life with Leia (don't tell me they divorced already...)? Would Boba go after Han for his Sarlacc stunt?

What did Boba do in the years between ROTJ and Mando? He has the Slave 1 at hand, and at the rate at which unwatched starships get stolen in the GFFA, we can assume Boba didn't spend years in the sarlacc or wandering the desert. Apparently he could have gone after Han in that time, which he didn't, so probably he's not really interested in that guy.

Correct me if I'm wrong as my memory isn't as good as it used to be, but was the Millennium Falcon not a previous item?
MF is not a Haslab project. (Although the original claim by the previous poster was pure speculation and can safely be ignored.)

Reaction score
The Toy Gods (me being one of them and in the Toy Business) says nay sir you may possibly be in error! 🤖

Reaction score
What is this statement based on? Such a definitive stance with no logical reasoning...

BTW the Marvel Legends Sentinel says hi.

Reaction score
And did you come across this "knowledge "? I am always amazed when people could pull complete nonsense out of thin air and state it like its actual fact.
Really? It has never seemed to stop you from airing your disparaging "facts" about members here or on Sideshow Freaks

No your memory is still pretty good except that the Falcon was never a Haslab project. :p

I am happy to be proven wrong but I don't see Hasbro using Haslab at this time to redo items they have done before.

Even now with the 3 - 4th re-release of this version of Slave 1, there would be enough fatigue from some collectors in asking them to pay up for another version of the same ship so soon that would hinder the chances of success.

New, never before seen items will always generate more buzz and that buzz is what is needed to make these projects successful.

Reaction score
MF is not a Haslab project. (Although the original claim by the previous poster was pure speculation and can safely be ignored.)
No your memory is still pretty good except that the Falcon was never a Haslab project. :p
Ah yes, the devil is in the details. Semantics(?) aside I wouldn't rule out a Haslab redo if the item is a popular one. I suspect the BMF would have been the first HasLab if it hadn't already been made in 07. I don't think we'll see a bigger BMF anytime soon, if ever. Though it's still possible if in 20 years it shows up in new media.

I also don't feel that Slave 1 needs this treatment simply because there isn't enough inside shots to adequately support a refit, this version does what it needs to fits a pilot and looks majestic. We have never really seen much in terms of what's goin g on inside or how it's set up like we do with the MF or literally any other ship. That doesn't mean that I think they won't do a HasLab version at some point, and would likely have more appeal after the BoBF is released. If in fact we get more inside shots and better grasp on the inner workings. I suspect possibly for ROTJ 40th, if they don't plan something else that is.

Reaction score
we do not need a larger Slave I so it will never happen. The next HasLab project must and has to be a playset. I vote for Ewok Village or Imperial Attack Base.

Reaction score
The Ewok Village is one of few that I'd probably be interested in, especially if there were Unlock for Charal, Chukha-Trok, Dalmatian, maybe even reissue Kaink and possibly finally release Latara. Also could throw in a Wokling repaint of Pommet Wickets' kid from TROS. And if possible maybe even a Sanyassan Marauder or Dulok? lol

If not possible to include them all then I'd welcome a companion pack of figures similar to the one released for Jabba's barge, because we still need Noa.

Reaction score
If I was a betting man, my money on the next HasLab project would be one tailored for the 6" Black Series line.

Reaction score
I hope you're right, my wallet can use a break from very expensive items. And if something TVC related was the next project, such as the DS, Ewok Village, or Cantina I'd be getting close to the red line.

Though to be totally honest I still wish it were because TVC is my main focus.

Reaction score
I bought a VC Slave 1 but I’m leaving it in the box to sell after they eventually release the Mandalorian version with exclusive figure.

If I was a betting man, my money on the next HasLab project would be one tailored for the 6" Black Series line.
I hope so. A Black Series Millennium Falcon cockpit would be superb.

Reaction score
The next haslab needs to be Jabba's palace with bib/boba throne. We're going to be seeing a lot of it in the new series and it's something that's never been fully done.

Reaction score
I bought a VC Slave 1 but I’m leaving it in the box to sell after they eventually release the Mandalorian version with exclusive figure.
Do you really think someone will be in the market to buy the "old" version when "new" one comes out? Usually when a newer model comes out the previous one loses value. And considering they just reissued it to arrive in a few months I don't see it becoming scarce as it could have been.

Reaction score
Do you really think someone will be in the market to buy the "old" version when "new" one comes out? Usually when a newer model comes out the previous one loses value. And considering they just reissued it to arrive in a few months I don't see it becoming scarce as it could have been.
I didn’t think I’d get a stack of beskar ingots in return, and someone might buy the old version if they find it to be better than the new version. It just depends.

Reaction score
I understand this Slave I and the one from Amazon are the same mold. Are there any major differences? Same size, accessories? Is one better than the other?