Slave 1

GNT

Reaction score
It has been revealed that we’ll be seeing a Slave 1 with new deco and stand in the vintage line.

Anyone going to purchase it?

Reaction score
Nice but i am happy with the last slave one. The stand is nice but i can get generic one for $35.

Reaction score
UGH, I'm still on the fence about this... I mean it's only $50 more than the first release from 2013, which was only 8 years ago. At least it sin't $200! lol
I defiantly want this. 😄 Just not sure how bad I really want it with so much going on ATM.

I will wait it out a bit to see when Amazon lists it, I have discounts there with my CC and might only have to pay half that price. We'll see

Reaction score
Yeah, I am happy with the 2013 one as well. The stand is cool but I have a few of the stick stands which were about 11 bucks.

Reaction score
Well, new paint app is hardly enough to get one excited... unkless you are going for the box art. At $150, i don't think so.

Reaction score
I have the Slave I with Boba Fett. Is this one bigger? I would be interested in getting it if its substantially bigger.

Reaction score
It's just plain CRAZY when you can buy an all new 6" scale Snowspeeder for $120, and a repaint with a stand is $150.

Reaction score
Pre-ordered on Pulse. I regretted selling my vehicles so I've been re-buying them, and this timing is perfect!

Reaction score
If it's the same flawed canopy lid/hinge system and the same wings that fall off/don't click into place, it's a pass for me. Unless it goes on sale for $30

Reaction score
I don't see how a toy originally $70 doubles in price over 8 years. And no carded TVC figures included to justify the higher price? I'm happy with the 2012 version, except Amazon shipping it in its own box, which got all banged up and has shipping labels all over it (Napoleon Dynamite: "IDIOTS!").

At least it includes a Han in carbonite, but what about the "prisoner cell" storage thingy?

Reaction score
Would have been much more impressive had they included two BSG repaints, then it might have warranted the higher price for me!!

Still looks beautiful though!

Reaction score
The Hasbro official press release states this has a ladder accessory. I don't remember that on the Amazon one.

Reaction score
$150(160 after tax) is a bit steep but still cheaper than the Amazon version for those who didnt get it. I preordered it through Pulse. I hope it can arrive in good shape.

Reaction score
If it's the same flawed canopy lid/hinge system and the same wings that fall off/don't click into place, it's a pass for me. Unless it goes on sale for $30

So that wing problem is an actual thing and not just mine? Good to know, I just moved mine slightly and the wing fell off again.

Reaction score
I'm happy with the first big Slave 1 one as well. However I never grabbed an opener of this ship, and this might be the time.

Reaction score
The Hasbro official press release states this has a ladder accessory. I don't remember that on the Amazon one.

I think there's been a **** up, it also mentions 'separating wings and landing gear'. Seems to me they have just copied and pasted the description of Poes X-Wing and left it at that.

Reaction score
It boggles my mind that this is $150. They have the mold already. Lol. I think mine was $30 or something like that on sale. I will say for those that missed, this is a great deal instead of those eBay prices. And this is the time to release it. I wish a couple other empire vehicles had reissues......cloud car and snow speeder. And this was the year for the long awaited rebel transport. I imagine the at-at reissue would cost $500.

Reaction score
If it ever happens to go on sale somewhere then maybe. But yeah too high for me at $150. Betrer than EBay though!

Reaction score
great that they are making this for folks that didnt get it last time, but that price tag is a bit much even for a dedicated collector.

Reaction score
Every single vehicle released at different price point over the last 2 years we had people crying about the price. It seems like no matter the price point people will complain. Hasbro needs to make a set amount to sell at retailers then stop dumping more later so they get discounted. They have created a set of customers who wait for a couple of years before buying just to get it on clearance. They need to develop a system that punishes the people who wait for clearance. Not reward them.

Reaction score
If it was $70 you would have people crying too. Any vehicle over $30 sets the cryers off.
NO, that's just being cheeky now. We all know that the $30 price point is for small flight craft like figthers that are aimed for kids!
Most of us expect a bigger ship with more stuff packed in there should cost more, and feel that $50-70 is the right fit for most.

The CW Jango Fett version of Slave 1 was only $110 w/5 figures in 2010 as a TRU Exclusive who tends to be expensive anyways. I was lucky and caught it on sale for $80.
So it is not unreasonable to want a few extras in this set at $150. Or at least an upgrade in quality/fixed issues.

That said, what's the point in having Slave 1 without any BSG's to go with. Or even a new Lobot? Like the dio shows
because they sure aren't releasing anything in the basic line to compliment. Unless you count Fett, which most of use already have ten times over.

Reaction score
So is this that bigger Slave 1 from that TRU battle pack years ago? And is the only difference just the paint job?

And the flight stand. It's funny I don't see any mention of the prisoner containment unit that fitted into the nose. I really hope they haven't taken that feature out.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I don't see how a toy originally $70 doubles in price over 8 years. And no carded TVC figures included to justify the higher price? I'm happy with the 2012 version, except Amazon shipping it in its own box, which got all banged up and has shipping labels all over it (Napoleon Dynamite: "IDIOTS!").

At least it includes a Han in carbonite, but what about the "prisoner cell" storage thingy?

How about the original Jango release of this mold in The Clone Wars line was priced at $100 and included a uniquely painted Jedi Star Fighter and five action figures. Two of the action figures were all new and one was an R2 repaint to create a new character.

Daigo_Bah

Reaction score
This is the single OT vehicle update I missed (I have the repainted AOTC release). Looking forward to getting this larger scale version, but will probably wait for a sale price like I did for he BS Chewie and 3PO.

Reaction score
It boggles my mind that this is $150. They have the mold already. Lol. I think mine was $30 or something like that on sale. I will say for those that missed, this is a great deal instead of those eBay prices. And this is the time to release it. I wish a couple other empire vehicles had reissues......cloud car and snow speeder. And this was the year for the long awaited rebel transport. I imagine the at-at reissue would cost $500.

I saw them at like $35.00, If I remember right. It was around Christmas, and I told my wife that it would make a GREAT gift. Sure enough, she got me one. This being the third time they have used the mold. it's crazy to me how it can be so much higher in price. I know manufacturing costs have increased a lot in China and that is probably a huge factor. I keep going back to something Mark Boudreaux told me back in 2012. They had just announced those terrible single figure vehicles that had the $20.00 price point. All those that had to be snapped together.... only a couple pre-painted pieces, like the small Slave 1. I had asked him how an all new tooling could cost less than just reusing the Kenner mold yet again. His answer was that everything was about material cost. The Kenner ship had many parts. Those parts would have to be assembled by a factory worker. In order for them to assemble it, they would need to pay for screws. All that added up to an all new vehicle being CHEAPER to produce in the long run.

I thought a larger production run was supposed to help keep costs down, though? And if I had to guess, I would say this run was larger than the Amazon run back then. This time it's not only going to Amazon, but all the fan channel outlets as well.

Reaction score
It amazes me that we finally get a re-done Slave 1 and ppl still complain.
Yes we expect it to be about $50 overpriced, but we also know its going to hit sale prices in a few months anyway and can be snagged for less than $100 eventually.
I am glad to see it redone and now can be displayed with a nice stand and the new TVC figures coming out for TESB.