Skywalker Saga Commemorative Editions 2 Packs

Reaction score
For some reason I've been seeing these at various Walmarts and there's usually 1 with a figure stolen from it. Not sure why? I mean there are TVC figures right next to them untouched.

Reaction score
For some reason I've been seeing these at various Walmarts and there's usually 1 with a figure stolen from it. Not sure why? I mean there are TVC figures right next to them untouched.
Its because i get hungry when I shop and thought there was chocolate inside...my bad...

Reaction score
I got the droid pack yesterday for one reason: R2-D2 is the build-a-droid sculpt. I did some brainstorming on what use I might find for a gold R2 unit, and came up with an idea that I like: Prince Xizor's banking droid. If I had more customization skills, I would add purple highlights and maybe a Black Sun sigil. I might at least take a stab at painting the eye port.

Reaction score
I got the droid pack yesterday for one reason: R2-D2 is the build-a-droid sculpt. I did some brainstorming on what use I might find for a gold R2 unit, and came up with an idea that I like: Prince Xizor's banking droid. If I had more customization skills, I would add purple highlights and maybe a Black Sun sigil. I might at least take a stab at painting the eye port.
Please post a pic with Xizor after you’re done. I’m a huge Shadows fan.

Reaction score
It might take awhile for me to muster up the courage to try painting it. For now I've got my gold R2 and I'm happy. :)
With all the different factions now represented in action figure form-- ESB bounty hunters, cantina aliens, Jabba the Hutt, Death Watch, Cad Bane's posse, Hondo Ohnaka's crew, Talon Karrde's smuggling ring, the Pyke syndicate, Black Sun-- and also the Sail Barge, which I need to make some real use of-- I have been planning for awhile to play out some sort of pirate war/battle royale. No plan to involve any of our heroes, just a bunch of ruthless trackers and assassins ambushing each other... but that needs a strong motivator, and having some low-level criminal with more ambition than sense steal Xizor's banking droid to locate or hack into his fortunes could make for the perfect catalyst. It could also start with one of Xizor's slave girls making her big break and escaping with the droid.
I'm brainstorming on names. Thought about MM-MP (Mo' Money, Mo' Problems.) For a more traditional name, I might settle on R2-M0.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Got the droids tonight. I like them. Wish all of them were Build-a-Droid sculpts but 3 figs for $15 isn't too bad. Got the Silver R2 and the gold one now. Bronze in a few years anybody? They DID do bronze and pewter sets of Micro Machines...

Reaction score
My droid set has shipped, but it's delayed for some reason. 🤷‍♂️ Gotta wait a little longer.

Reaction score
Ordered the droid set for $9.99 and free shipping site to store.
Ah! Figures! As soon as I buy it, they mark it down. The other thing is that I ordered it online, and now I'm seeing them all over the place in stores.

Reaction score
Are the figures moulded in gold plastic, painted gold or a combo of the two?

I only plan to get the droid pack.

Reaction score
They are cast in nonmetallic gold plastic and covered with gold paint. One must be careful handling them.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I was tempted to get the Droid set to have an accurate "Gold" version of 3PO, but it looked very cheap compared standard figures.

Reaction score
I didnt realize we were still using this forum for new figures. I got the droid set yesterday. I love my gold BB! It's like when he retires and moves to Canto Bight!

Reaction score
Did not know about these, and was scared out of my wits when I saw them at Walmart Last night! :)

Reaction score
seems like only 4 choices and 1 MUST be Jango/Mace 2nd choice is Anakin/Kenobi, Finn/Poe OR Kylo/Rey
Yes I saw that. Was going to get the Anakin set with Mace. Started to build a wm cart to get free shipping then changed mind because I really don't need or like these. It is good deal, wm trying to get rid of them. Just passing along the deal in case anyone interested.

Reaction score
$4 a set is too much to pay for these, wait until WM has to ship cases to dollar stores! ;) Even at 99 cents, I don't think I could bring myself to buy any. They might work for custom fodder, but would have to be completely repainted - such a wasteful release on Hasbro's part.

Reaction score
The only one I even entertained was the 3PO set, just do that i could get an actual gold version of him. lol
Since he's not included that tells me he's not the problem child, and the only one selling.