Skywalker Saga Commemorative Editions 2 Packs

GNT

Reaction score
Walmart has revealed 3 new 2packs of gold figures (5POA figures) - Stormtrooper and Darth Vader, Han solo and Hoth Leia and Jedi Luke and Chewbacca. some pictures are up here.

Anybody going to purchase these?

Reaction score
Walmart has revealed 3 new 2packs of gold figures (5POA figures) - Stormtrooper and Darth Vader, Han solo and Hoth Leia and Jedi Luke and Chewbacca. some pictures are up here.

Anybody going to purchase these?
Live stream showed a pack with c3p0, r2 and bb8.

My issue is adding bb8 breaks the OT continuity of this set.

Further, these should've been saved for the 50th, not just because it's the end of the saga.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score

Further, these should've been saved for the 50th, not just because it's the end of the saga.

That set is for TROS. They're releasing sets for all 3 trilogies. Yakface has the full list.

Reaction score

I can't find where I read this, but my memory is that there are going to ultimately be nine packs, one for each Skywalker Saga film. Assuming the droid pack is the one for TFA, TLJ, or TROS, then it makes sense to have all three of them in there.

While these look like things I might pick up sometime down the road when the packs are a dollar or two each, I hope that they come up with better ideas for the 50th anniversary.

Reaction score
From Yakface:

Saga 1 “Original Trilogy” Assortment -630509870134/973076784?
630509870028/195408299 A New Hope
– Darth Vader & Stormtrooper
630509870004/139975546 The Empire Strikes Back
Han Solo & Leia Organa
630509870011/928141710 Return of the Jedi
– Luke Skywalker & Chewbacca
Saga 2 “Prequel Trilogy” Assortment -630509870134/973076784
630509870103/851743803 The Phantom Menace
– Darth Maul & Qui-Gon Jinn
630509870110/944741246 Attack of the Clones
– Mace Windu & Yoda
630509870127/730162435 Revenge of the Sith
– Obi-Wan Kenobi & Anakin Skywalker
Saga 3 “Sequel Trilogy” Assortment – 630509870080/785148880
630509870066/829065982 The Force Awakens
– “Rome” (Finn) & “Syd(ney)” (Poe)
630509870073/605807526 The Last Jedi
-Rey and Kylo Ren
630509870059/294457636 The Rise of Skywalker
– Droids (C-3PO, R2-D2, BB8)

Reaction score
What a colossal waste of plastic. The only reason I could see someone making a purchase is if they want a statue of a character for a diorama maybe, or to use them as chess pieces. I simply don't see how this cheap and lazy exclusive celebrates the saga. Hasbro seems to be trying hard to convince some of us not to buy their products anymore, lol. This is coming from someone who likes 5 POA figures, and bought some of these when they were painted normally, but I have zero desire to own shiny objects.

Reaction score
Big pass for me. I didn't re-buy these when they came in plastic tubes with illegible comic books and I'm not going to buy them now that they're spray painted gold. This is a big kick in the pants for 3 3/4 inch collectors. I was really hoping to see a decant 5 poa Mandalorian line. Guess I should've known better than to hope.

Reaction score
Big pass for me. I didn't re-buy these when they came in plastic tubes with illegible comic books and I'm not going to buy them now that they're spray painted gold. This is a big kick in the pants for 3 3/4 inch collectors. I was really hoping to see a decant 5 poa Mandalorian line. Guess I should've known better than to hope.
What's worse is this newly announced 4 inch value line. Another scale? Really?

Reaction score
I had the old silver ones...not again, no thank you. Pass.
What a colossal waste of plastic. The only reason I could see someone making a purchase is if they want a statue of a character for a diorama maybe, or to use them as chess pieces. I simply don't see how this cheap and lazy exclusive celebrates the saga. Hasbro seems to be trying hard to convince some of us not to buy their products anymore, lol. This is coming from someone who likes 5 POA figures, and bought some of these when they were painted normally, but I have zero desire to own shiny objects.

Reaction score
The "value" figures were released before, at places like Big Lots and other discount stores, they had a 6 inch line, but they were actually 5 inch figures. These are labeled 4 inch, but will likely be slightly smaller, hitting the 3.75 scale. The issue though, those previous figures were 3 POA if I recall correctly, and they featured lackluster paint and cheap plastic. For $3, I don't think we cant expect much, but at least it might help expand the 3.75 offerings. Who knows, maybe it will perfectly meet a demand - because many people weren't fond of paying $8+ for basic figures. I don't know why its so difficult to release 5 POA for $5, made with the same quality plastic as TVC. They did it when the Legends / Rebels line was born, and those were some good figures.
It could be a lower price without having voice chips or extra accessories. Just one blaster/saber each.

Reaction score
I'd only be interested in the Droid 3-Pack if it turns out that C-3PO or R2-D2 were Droid Factory/BAD sculpts. Otherwise this whole line is a hard pass from me.

Reaction score
Eeeh, really amazing they are putting these out, but they took away a 5poa line for TROS. I don't think I will even pick them up when they are at Ross in a year!

Reaction score
I'm usually open to Hasbro exploring new products, but lets be honest - this is just a sad gimmick, there is no creativity in this release. Likewise, when toy lines start being repainted endlessly, its usually a sign that the brand is having trouble. When you spray paint action figures in a metallic color, its all but giving up and phoning it in. I'm disappointed in the brand and company for even allowing this, especially considering how nice the basic range of figures were for Solo.

Reaction score
These would've been ok if they had just released them as regular figures instead of painting them gold.

Even though they'd just be re-packs, the packaging looks pretty nice and they are popular characters that would probably sell well.

Reaction score
Incredibly poor use of everyone's time.

Hasbro, do you not then hear this horrible scream all around you that people usually call silence?

I look at these.

I imagine the other SIX SETS trickling forth from the abyss.

I see the future, and it is golden and on deep clearance.

Then, when even at 90% off no one will buy them, they will be cast downwards to the needy and unfortunate, in a desperate act of corporate "charity."

Some child will be given these by a well-meaning, hard-working loved one, and in the room - as these grotesque abominations are opened - the circle of failure and greed will be united. Somewhere, in Pawtucket, a marketing stooge will feel a flutter in his chest, as another small child's hopes are forever extinguished.

Fools gold.

Reaction score
It's sad that this is how Hasbro wants us to "commemorate" the Skywalker Saga.

Reaction score
These are up for order on Walmart.com, have a feeling they won’t be selling any time soon.

I like how windu gets a figure instead of Yoda :/ stupid Hasbro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It was probably a package deal they successfully conned Walmart into buying along with the rest of the toys going into the TTF Friday display. Hasbro has some pretty good salespeople I suppose. They probably gave Walmart a song and dance about commemorating Luke Skywalker etc...etc...Star Wars fans being loyal and nostalgic...etc...etc... huge profit margin....etc...etc..

Reaction score
I actually like them so more for me I guess lol but not going to go crazy hunting them down or paying exorbitant prices on them. Im guessing Hasbro noticed how well received those gold variant MCU Funko Pops seem to be and tried to replicate that.

Reaction score
It baffles me that this is coming from the same company that gave us the Sail Barge in the last year. It’s almost like they’re sitting over at Pawtucket flipping a coin on everything that’s pitched during their product meetings.

JVM

Reaction score
I would be tempted to get one of these packs, I don't mind lone novelties, I liked the silver Darth Vader and white comic book one, but doing nine packs for each movie seems silly. Nobody wants a whole collection of gold figures lol

Reaction score
Went to my Walmart today and was surprised to see that only one of these sets was left from FF. They had a bunch of them then. Never thought that they would sell well. It is good, that way, they don't clog the pegs and they can stock future TVC waves (one can only wish).

Reaction score
On TFF I got to my 24-hr Walmart at about 7:45 am, and there was only one 2-pack of these left. I was gobsmacked. But if people want them then more power to them.

Reaction score
On TFF I got to my 24-hr Walmart at about 7:45 am, and there was only one 2-pack of these left. I was gobsmacked. But if people want them then more power to them.
I think for some people it's a blind addiction to buy everything.

A ton of people likely have 3 black series figs bc of white box, black box and carbonized from TFF.

Reaction score
For some people its indeed an addiction - glad I dont have that strain, cuz I could never buy these, they just lack...class. But that goes for anything plated in gold. It looks cheap, and has the opposite intended effect. I think the first batch will sell, but once those cases start flowing in, it will be pegwarmers as far as the eye can see.

Reaction score
I saw lots of these at Triple Fprce Friday. TVC was getting depleted but I don't think any of these moved.

About what I expected.

Whoever's buying them, it sure ain't me.

Reaction score
I don't hate these like most seem to but, man, the asking prices for these on eBay is hilarious.