Skull Wars kickstarter campaign - Star Wars parody skull collectibles 3DKitbash

Reaction score
Just wanted to share an awesome kickstarter that is going on.
3DKitbash, a 3D printer compatible toy company is making Star Wars parody skulls.
They normally make 3D files that you can print on your own printer, and I have a lot of their files and can vouch for their awesomeness.
They have a male and female 12" printable action figure that I have printed and really plan to do some custom Star Wars version.

This campaign, they are offering as a reward tangible printed versions of 15 Star Wars skulls. They have renderings and they look awesome!
Just to get a Jar Jar skull alone it's worth it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/3dkitbash/skull-wars-skulls-from-a-galaxy-really-really-far
They also released a free file of the "sleeping bag" skull (aka Taun Taun).
They still need some more support, so hopefully Rebelscum can give them a boost. I sent this news to the news email, but wanted to post it here too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There are 10 days to go on this campaign, but they are not yet half way there. Hopefully it will make it, as their designs are really cool. This isn't their normal way of running a kickstarter. They have always in the past offered downloadable files to print your own, but for this Star Wars themed one they are making pre printed figurines instead, with the possibility that later on they can rework the files for desktop 3d printers.
Really hope they succeed.

Reaction score
Just FYI they have added the option to just get the 3D model files now. I think it's a pretty hard sell to a lot of people though. The printed models are pretty pricey for the size, and the 3D models have to compete with the fact that 95% of the models out there are free. That said, I backed them to to the tune of $50 so I could get 6 of the 3D models and print them myself. I kind of doubt they will be successful, though, since they have quite a ways to go with only about 3 days left.

Reaction score
I am glad they added the files as a reward. I backed for the full set. I have a lot of their design files, and they print awesome.

Here's a pic of a print of the "sleeping bag" free file I printed at about 225% and combined it with the Makerbot T-Rex skeleton to create a whole Taun Taun skeleton. It's about 12" tall and 24" head to tail.

Reaction score
Last day for this kickstarter. Awesome Star Wars skulls, they have rewards with both tangible collectibles, 3D printed in nylon, and 3D files for 3D printing on your own machine.
These are so cool, and they still need just over $1000 to be successful, with only 9 hours to go.
Here's the Ackbar skull concept. So cool!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just $247 left with 2 hours to go! I might up my pledge if necessary...

Reaction score
Glad this made it. I backed for all 15 skulls. Can't wait to print them. A few will look good in a Jabba diorama too. Definitely a Gamorrean skull next to the Rancor!

Reaction score
Looks like we're finally going to be getting the 3D-printable files this Wednesday. I'll probably print a smaller version first to see how everything works, but I want to try and print some of these life-sized, and then finish them of with paint to look like real skulls.

Reaction score
Looks like we're finally going to be getting the 3D-printable files this Wednesday. I'll probably print a smaller version first to see how everything works, but I want to try and print some of these life-sized, and then finish them of with paint to look like real skulls.
I'll definitely be printing a set at quarter scale in a bone like finish, but maiking some lifesize would be awesome. I think a Gammorean Guard skull would look great, a leftover "prop" from the Rancor pit.

Reaction score
Have you tried printing any of the files yet? I have the Gamorrean and Salacious Crumb done and they look good. Crumb required quite a bit of support material, which kind of surprised me. I'm not sure if it will be realistic to print most of these life size or not (certainly not the rancor!), but I did get Crumb to be more or less life sized by printing him at 120%.

I would have more printed by now but ran into a bug with Simplify3D. Twice I had the Crumb model print 2/3rds of the way and then stop. I thought something was wrong with my printer or the model, but it turns out that if your SD card is nearly full, Simplify3D will just save part of the model to the card and not give you any kind of error message. Annoying!

Reaction score
I am just printing the jaw for Bossk, and he's awesome. The scale/bone plates on him look so good. The jaw separated from the bed about 3/4 through, so I am printing it again. As is, it seems about quarter scale. Roughly (a little bigger) than the Jakks 18" Bossk.

Reaction score
Here's what I have so far. Unfortunately I have to send my printer off for service so I can't print the rest of the skulls I have, but I will do it as soon as I can. I think they look pretty amazing!

Reaction score
These look great! Would anyone be willing to print out an Ackbar skull? I'd love to add it to my Ackbar focus. I can pay shipping and handling plus whatever the cost is for supplies/time! (Jealous of you people with your 3d printers!) I missed the kickstarter this summer and not sure if I can order from them directly a completed skull....

Cheers!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Quincy from 3DKitbash, maker of the Skull Wars 3d print files teased on Facebook about his involvement with Uncle Milton and his Skull Wars idea called Xcavations. I haven't seen Rebelscum cover it yet, but here's a great video showing them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4DF9-Qe5ZU

They have blind pack Creature Crates of single 2" ish skulls (4.99), and 2 full skeleton models of Rancor and TaunTaun (19.99).
Really excited for them, and so happy for Quincy!

(looks like there is also a Jurassic Park line from Xcavations too)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Words can't describe how excited I am for that rancor skeleton. Has anyone been able to find out release date info?

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing it but has there been any confirmation of scale for the full skeletons? If they are anywhere even close to 1:18 I don't know how anyone can pass on them lol

I see the prototypes from TF I just didn't know if there were like 2-ups or something.

Last edited:
Reaction score
A little birdie told me about these a little before they were announced, but I'm glad to see good photos and video of them. They look great. My only concern is the "excavation" aspect for the full skeletons, since I bought a similar toy for my son years ago and found it frustrating to actually get the fossil out. They indicated that they may send me some of these to review for my YouTube channel, so we'll see.

By the way, I printed a gigantic version of the rancor skull for my review of the Creality CR-10 S5 3D printer.

Reaction score
AMAZING! I am so onboard with this whole line, especially with Quincy's involvement. I'm just bummed we won't be able to get print files for the new skulls!

I can also replace my homemade taun taun skeleton (taun taun skull and T-rex body. lol)

Reaction score
Just found series one of the Xcavations blind box crates at WalMart in Los Angeles. 6 skulls in the first series, 11 crates to a case. They were in the are of miscellaneous blind box toys etc, not with the Star Wars. Had a shelf tag too. Haven't opened them all, only one, Jabba. So cool at $4.96

Reaction score
Just a heads up for those hunting the Xcavations skulls- there are different numbers stamped on the bottom of the crates so you can avoid duplicates-

124- Greedo
127- Jabba
128- Gamorrean
129- Darth Maul
130- Salacious Crumb
131- Bossk

Reaction score
There are new codes on the series 1 Xcavations skull crates. Found a complete set of 6 between three Walmarts. Here are the new codes for those that would like to finish a set.

• 179 Rodian
  • 180 Trandoshan
  • 181 Gamorrean
  • 182 Hutt
  • 183 Monkey Lizard
  • 184 Zabrak

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for posting the new codes. I noticed that these skulls have been dropped to $3.00 each at Walmart stores. When I pulled up an old screenshot of the codes they didn't match. I had no idea this Walmart sold enough to warrant getting new cases.
Weird that the numbers on the crate bottom changed.

Reaction score
With this thread be resurectted, wonder if we ever will see the full skeleton excavations sets?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
With this thread be resurectted, wonder if we ever will see the full skeleton excavations sets?

Back in March I contacted Basic Fun! Customer Service inquiring about an availability date for the Rancor skeleton & the series 2 skulls. The response was this...

Apparently Walmart & another small retailer were the only ones that had any interest in selling these. Due to the lack of interest from retailers the line was cancelled. I find it hard to believe that no other big retailers would not have an interest. Especially Amazon. The fact is HARDLY ANYONE knew these even existed (to this day). I found out about them a while back because I buy a lot of the Uncle Milton SW products to use for diorama elements. The Rancor skeleton was a dream come true then yanked away.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Back in March I contacted Basic Fun! Customer Service inquiring about an availability date for the Rancor skeleton & the series 2 skulls. The response was this...

Apparently Walmart & another small retailer were the only ones that had any interest in selling these. Due to the lack of interest from retailers the line was cancelled. I find it hard to believe that no other big retailers would not have an interest. Especially Amazon. The fact is HARDLY ANYONE knew these even existed (to this day). I found out about them a while back because I buy a lot of the Uncle Milton SW products to use for diorama elements. The Rancor skeleton was a dream come true then yanked away.
Wow. That sucks. I was an original Kickstarter backer of the Skull Wars campaign (files to 3d print at home) from the guy (3D Kitbash) that created them and then created the line for basic fun/Uncle Milton.
Was really looking forward to these.

I would think TRU going out of business had a big hand in the line not getting picked up. They always had a big Uncle Milton/ Star Wars science section on it's own and I'm sure they would have carried the excavations line.

Reaction score
That is disappointing, although maybe not that surprising when you consider that I had a lot of trouble finding these in a store where I knew they were supposed to be in stock. Even the employees couldn't find them when I asked. I did eventually find them, but they were in a section close to the younger kids' toys, mixed in with some random blind box toys, rather than with the Star Wars stuff, where they might have attracted some interest.

Reaction score
Disappointing news. The larger ones are what got me interested in the concept. As mentioned above, sometimes they were difficult to find in stores.

Reaction score
Unfortunately the blind bag/box model of selling is not very popular as I got 2 of these but not the sculls I wanted. The package does make for a nice cargo container minus the Star Wars logo.

Reaction score
Walmart stores are now reducing these Xcavations crates to $1.50 each. Some stores are $1.00
Here are some alternate codes (these numbers are in the middle of the code embossed into the outside bottom of the crate):

..0244 = Monkey Lizard
..0246 = Rodian
..0247 = Zabrak
..0248 = Gamorrean
..0249 = Trandoshan
..0250 = Hutt

Last edited: