Skirmish in the Senate

Reaction score
Re: no more vtsc and skirmish in the senate at tar

EVERY Walmart in my are is like living hell. Targets are much nicer, usually. But Walmart is insane just in the parking lot, some moron with 129 kids letting them all run wild, while they walk as slow as they can in the driving lanes. Than when you get in the store forget it. Im lucky to find anything mint, because I guess people let their kids drop-kick stuff in Walmart, it's the worst.

Reaction score

The behavior of the other customers is not the fault of Wal-Mart. My Wal-Mart is well-stocked and I go there every week for groceries. The lines are longer, but the price is better than Target's Archer Farms line.

I found the Endor Wave at Wal-Mart and only at Wal-Mart. I've not seen it at any other store.

Reaction score

They both have their ups and downs. I -have- seen remnants of the Endor Wave at Targets lately, but generally I tend to eventually find the "hard to get" stuff at Wal-Mart (Except Scorch, never found him anywhere). Yeah, Wal-Mart tends to be more disorganized and less "clean" but the prices are better and they -do- move more stock than Target.

I shop at Target more often, though, mostly because it's more convenient in terms of location.

Reaction score

OleeStarstone said:
The behavior of the other customers is not the fault of Wal-Mart. My Wal-Mart is well-stocked and I go there every week for groceries. The lines are longer, but the price is better than Target's Archer Farms line.

I found the Endor Wave at Wal-Mart and only at Wal-Mart. I've not seen it at any other store.
Well considering arche famrs is target's premium food brand, yeah it's going to be more expensive than wal-marts "white trash buffet" line. Then again, target's market pantry line isn't that much better than wal-mart's genreic brand.

Your comparison is like trying to say the 5 dollar watch on the corner is a better deal than a rolex from a watch dealer.

Reaction score

OleeStarstone said:

Totally agree with you. I also think that how organized and clean a Walmart is greatly depends on the TYPE of customers that frequent the place. Around my area- the walmart and target are just as clean, well stocked, and organized. Several blocks down--the walmart and targets are a disaster area. Toys all over the place, flooding the floor; merchandise tampered with; parts and pieces stolen, etc. I mean the employees, whom I've gotten to know, tell me parents basically use the toy aisles as a child care center. One customer even asked her to watch her kid for half an hour so she could go shopping.

Target higher prices and goods tend to cater to a higher clientele than walmart, and that often translates into better behavior, mores, and norms.

In these two different areas--the stores are all equally clean and organized AT THE BEGINNING OF THE DAY, but come closing time--there is a huge difference. And I fault the customers more than the employees.

Reaction score

In my area both stores are very well maintained. The WM is alot busier because it has a grocery as well, but the kicker is this: about 60% of the time there has been a WM stocker offering to OPEN cases of figs for me in the middle of the night to see what they hold... I like that service.

Tony

To speak to the subject- the only Target clearance SW items are some 500th vaders at $10.48 a pop.

Reaction score

clearance stuff was wiped out a couple of weeks ago. as for which store is better, i like target better than walmart. the fast clearance is always nice and you can find some great items (not just toys). walmart is only good for basic supply stuff. I think their problem is the people that visit the store (smelly, dirty, & no manner kids).

Reaction score

boff123 said:
clearance stuff was wiped out a couple of weeks ago. as for which store is better, i like target better than walmart. the fast clearance is always nice and you can find some great items (not just toys). walmart is only good for basic supply stuff. I think their problem is the people that visit the store (smelly, dirty, & no manner kids).
YES YES YES!

Target is a very trendy place for a more, how say you, trendy crowd. Ive seen all of my friends at target, but at WM, ive nly seen some smelly brat I met 3 or 4 years ago. At my local target, you could feel safe eating off oftheir toilets, as at walmart, i dont even want to look at those things
. At target, the strangest thing I ever saw was .... well.... nothing. At walmart, the sttrangest thingS I ever saw where, a stoned guy yelling at himself, and some lowlife emo punks cutting themselves and smoking. The simple truth is that walmart is a very broken/rundown place. I mean, the girl in the toy section at walmart didnt even speak english
Walmart is definetly full of (get ready) women with a thousand groceries, people with 80 kids letting them run around, smelly teens that cuss between every syllable, hot wheelers, scalpers, stashers, hoarders, the guy with a cart full of hot wheels, the six year old who weighs like ten pounds and looks at everyone a nd makes fun of them (IE, "Mommy, look at that hippo", or "mommy, look at that fatso) and his braindead mother doesnt do a [censored] thing, that one guy who bought out the easter stuff AND last but not least, general rude people.

Target is full of average joes/janes who just came to socialize and buy stuff, and keep the store clean. My experiment for everyone , go to target and...
1. Ask an employee if they can find what you are looking for
2. check for cleanliness
3. take a whiff of the air
Now do the same thing at a walmart, and tell us what you learned.

A gain, I have a very strong point on this.

Reaction score

What a great Wal-Mart bashing thread. The Wal-Marts in my area all suck. I say that if the Wal-Mart stores in your area suck, then you should blow them up. Use a bomb or some C4 explosives or better yet just douse the place with gasoline and light it on fire. Oh wait, now I remember. This topic was about the clearanced VTSC figures and Skirmish in the Senate battlepacks being hard to find because of the lower prices.

Reaction score
Re: Skirmish in the Senate v2

Ah, what could’ve been. I knew this battle pack (and Target) were in trouble from the second I saw the first pictures of this set. Hasbro did a halfway job (the pod being half the size it should‘ve been & half the number of Shocks there should‘ve been) & got a halfway sales number out of it.

They should’ve made a bigger pod & either a.) renamed the BP Search For Yoda, left Yoda out of the set & added 2 more clones or b.) released the pod with a Shock deluxe style. Not that I minded this setup (scoring 5 Shocks off Ebay for $25) but it could’ve been better.

Reaction score

This battle pack is cool. They should definitely release it again. Just like the clone attack on coruscant.

Reaction score

I wouldn't mind seeing the senate pod come back, but nothing else from the set!

Clone Attack on Coruscant has had its figures updated and available in the mainline, aside from the Bacarra repaint.

Reaction score

I bought a bunch of these on clearance for 10 and some for $5 each!!1 Wound up with 8 pods!!!

Reaction score

Joe_B said:
I wouldn't mind seeing the senate pod come back, but nothing else from the set!
I agree the pod needs to be released again, although nothing says it has to be with Shock Troopers it could be in a Senate type BP with the many senators existing and adding a few new ones like Sweitt Concorkill, Tikkes or Tundra Dowmeia etc.

Reaction score

The Yoda in that pack is what has prevented me from getting it. Everything else is fine IMO, but the cloak on that Yoda reeks horribleness.

Reaction score
Received a senate pod from this set from a fellow scummer, I am up to 5 now.
I am at five as well. Not sure if I want to go for more or not. I briefly considered having someone sculpt and cast a larger one so that I could get some that were more to scale, but the price would be pretty crazy on it...

Reaction score
On Friday night, I got bored, and started pairing off combatants. After setting up Yoda vs Sidious, I then ended up looking online for what a used Senate Pod would cost. I'd love to set up Yoda and Sidious in that final force lightning scene atop the pod.

Reaction score
on the river in Arizona, Paradise as I like to cal
I have about a half dozen senate pods loose.. was going to build a diaorama but now I have no time or room what would someone pay for a loose one? or two? if your interested PM me I might get rid of mine

and obviously I have some extra loose shocktroopers sidiouses and yodas lol if anyone is interested in them lol also have some skirmish in the senate sets unopened ( bought a lot to make my diorama ) ahh to be young again lol

Lind to my FS thread http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1083462/#post18865085

Last edited: