Skirmish in the Senate

Reaction score
Re: Skirmish in the Senate v2

[/QUOTE]
I know, I agree. They should have done a battlepack with all SA shockies somehow. That would have been better because that's all we want anyway.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Should have offered them in white mailer boxes like they did with stormies and sandtroopers .

[/QUOTE]

I agree, as an army builder, i wish there was a set with just all shocks.

Reaction score
Re: Skirmish in the Senate v2

I understand why Hasbro put those two figs in the BP and to be honest it did not surprise me. I think Hasbro did it because they were afraid that all Shcok Troopers would end up pegwarming or not appealing to kids. (I know, cheap excuse). I think Hasbro knows they have a winner with the Shocktrooper and would rather give us a little at a time.

If Hasbro gave us a BP with all Shocks or all of one kind of clone, they would make a lot of money. On the other hand, a few here, a few next year, a few the year after, keeps us going to the stores and buying other figures too.

Reaction score
Just stick the yoda & palp you already have on ebay for 1 cent + shipping and see if you get a bid, don't be afraid to take a loss, it's worth it to not have multiples of those.

Reaction score
I bought 4 extra packs. 3 of them I sold the Palpy and Yoda figs for $2 each loose to some friends that are newer collectors and didn't have them...bargain prices!!! The 4th extra I pawned the extras off on YodaTeacher for the same price, so her kiddos in the classroon could abuse them!

In any case, it turned out being $16 for 2 Shocks and a senate pod for each pack! Not bad, if I do say so myself!!! That's right at what TSC basic figs are going for right now anyway.

Reaction score
I thought that I over did it when I bought 10 of the battlepacks. It looks like you bought 25! Congratulations on your army of shock troopers.

Reaction score
DarthTagnan said:
I never saw more than ten Shocktroopers in the movie....
Then you didn't look close enough. There are sixteen (at least) in the scene where they arrive on Coruscant (in the rain) and unload Vader's charred body.

Reaction score
...and hundreds if not thousands more elsewhere on Coruscant!

Nice army! And you're on your way to recreating the Galactic Senate Chamber, pod for pod! Only several thousand to go!

And it'd be to Hasbro-scale, too, since the Pods aren't as big as in the movie and can only hold two figures, unless they're all REALLY good friends.

Coming Soon: Hasbro releases a big empty plastic bowl with hooks or stands to attach Senate Pods to. Chancellor's Pod sold separately. Includes two figures: Yoda & Emperor Palpatine.

Yes, again.

Then Hasbro'll never put the Chancellor's Pod into production because the big empty bowl with crap figures didn't sell well enough

Reaction score
Hey, if he's happy with all those shocks and pods, then good for him. Whatever makes you happy man!

Reaction score
Indeed! What'll happen to all the Palpies & Yodas, though?

Hopefully the Shocktroopers will find their way onto basic cards, or into some other more palatable product that doesn't require purchase of 2 unnecessary figures. The Senate Pod, big though it is, should be a standard accessory for all Senator figures from here on out. Just give 'em their own packaging, like a sub-line, and bump the price up a buck. Just an idea.
Then again, if future Senators are dull like Rieekan, such a line may warm pegs like Rieekan's old Ultra debut.

Reaction score
Home for palp and yoda...

just kidding, I think i will give the yodas away for my kids birthday party bag, and the palps for fodder..
cheers

Reaction score
barthdog said:
Home for palp and yoda...

just kidding, I think i will give the yodas away for my kids birthday party bag, and the palps for fodder..
cheers
No animation in the trash can photo???

I also found 6 of these this week. I have one Battlepack already, plus 2 #6 Shocktrooper variation...AND my army consist in one of each, so I did not bother to grab more.

Reaction score
I got 2 packs and gave one set of Yoda/Palpatine to this little boy I see at the hospital clinic when I go for treatments and I kept the extras for myself. I could use the Yoda, but the Palptine sucks...

Reaction score
You gotta love the see-through envy of the peopl who, absolutely-with-out-fail everytime someone posts a pic of a nice army, who say "there were only x-number of them in the movie, why do you need more?". I know you don't seriously believe the GAR had only 4 Shocktroppers and 16 Utapau Clones in it's entire army, so obviously, there is another underlying reason you guys keep posting these in response to nice army pics.

These posts may as well be written in ALL GREEN just to give it the proper feel.

Uxi

Reaction score
It's a pretty cool set. I am pleasantly surprised with Yoda (as I've skipped the carded version) and think it could be good custom bait...

The Emperor fig (which I also skipped) plain sucks but I see a couple harvestable parts in there for customizing.

The Shock Troops are very cool. I'm a bit disapointed that their shade doesn't match the ROTS fig, though...

Reaction score
Nice, you are a madman Barthdog, but more power to ya!!
Oh and good idea!! The one set I got, I gave the Yoda and Emperor to the roomate that oved out! They are safely in Canada as we speak!!

GNT

Reaction score
Wow thats an impressive army of shocktroopers and senate pods! You've got to show us pics when it's all set up!

GNT

Reaction score
joekiss said:
Skirmish Battlepacks are down to 13.98 around St Louis!!!
spitty said:
I'm hoping it'll go to less than $10.00
ortiz34 said:
for 4 figs it should be less...im holding off
NuteGunray said:
Why? These figures retailed for about $6. Plus there's also the Senate Pod.
CloneCommander1 said:
Yep, I saw that in STL, but I'm holding off.
my_kind_of_scum said:
They're pretty much gone around here. I picked up a few, but was hoping to pick up another if they hit clearance.
Asharad_Hett said:
Perfect price to get more senate pods. Too bad all my Targets got rid of them.
jedimasterc said:
I wnet to Target on Saturday monring and they had 15 of the Skirmish sets for 13.98.A little better price for what you get.
jedisrus said:
They are $16.98 here. I'll pick one up at $13.98.
TheMurderWeapon said:
still like 16-17 here
Darth_Rayne said:
One of our Targets currently has them at $13.98 (30% off). The rest are still at $16.98 (15% off). The same discount rate applies to the other SW items that are on clearance.
MARTI said:
Yeah I saw some yesterday at this price. I am still holding off, I want it cheaper than that. I want some to open.
notanerd said:
Let us know when they hit $4.98
SpecialOpsUnit said:
I gotta get to Target before they run out of them.

DSIILuke said:
lol, if they hit that, then you can put me down for 2
Duke19 said:
Around the Detroit area, Ive seen them for 16.98, I would like to get 2 or 3 more, but I know if I wait for them to drop more in price they will all be gone
DSIILuke said:
I haven't seen them for less than that either, Duke, so it seems we're sol for some time!
TrooperJake said:
If they get that low here I'll definitely pick up a second one to open.
Friggin_Dan said:
Finally!

They were $16.98 for the longest time and still in the main aisle. One day I came in and they were all gone, but after searching, I found them on an endcap down a ways with a shelf tag that said 30% off, but they were still $16.98.
Seven of them left.

Today I go in figuring that if there's a day they knock the price down, this'll be it (Sunday) and voila..$13.98. They were down to four, so I bought three. I bought three at full price a ways back too, and have like 20 Senate pods from Ebay.

Reaction score
Do you think if you purchased these within the last 30 days for the 16.98, Target would price match the 13.98? I know some stores will refund some money if the item goes an sale within 30 days from purchase.

What do you guys think?

Reaction score
I wouldn't get your hopes up on getting the price difference. Clearance isn't going to be handled the same way as a sale.

Reaction score
Caeadiel said:
Do you think if you purchased these within the last 30 days for the 16.98, Target would price match the 13.98? I know some stores will refund some money if the item goes an sale within 30 days from purchase.

What do you guys think?
Not a chance. It's clearance and target does not make price adjustments on clearance. Only sales.

I saw about a dozen of these on clearance at a local target last friday. Passed on them, but went back tuesday and picked up the only three remaining.

Sold four senate pods (one was from the BP I bought when they first came out) to a fellow scummer for $5 a piece. Final price per clone from the battle packs: $4.50.
Gonna give the extra yodas and emperors to a co worker so she can give them to her younger cousins.

Reaction score
no more vtsc and skirmish in the senate at target?

yesterday i was in target and wanted to check if there were any vtsc and skirmish on clearance, none on the pegs, so i decided to put in the dpci's in for vtsc and skirmish in the senate, it said "item not found", i'm sure i put in the right dpci #. why would it say "item not found"?

Reaction score
Re: no more vtsc and skirmish in the senate at tar

Because they're all gone. at least from your store. the computers were probably updated.

Reaction score

They probably went on clearance the week I was on vacation. I never saw the items at clearance price.

Reaction score

Target sure does know how to get rid of old stock when they want to. That's one thing that they are really good at

Reaction score

All the NCF (not carried forward) stuff like DOG and SITS went clearance...first 15-30%, then 75%. Most stores got wiped out of all their SW stock within hours when it went 75%. That was a couple weeks ago.

Reaction score

echo1441 said:
Target sure does know how to get rid of old stock when they want to. That's one thing that they are really good at
They are good at that - they consistently do it - mark it down and get it the heck out. As opposed to KMart where the overpriced item marked down to clearance gets it to the Walmart or Target price...

Reaction score

Well, target is very well organized, sophisticated, good-smelling and a good clean place.

Walmart is a disgusting pigstye. There is gum, silly string and stiky goo everywher you walk. Almost everything there smells like [censored], the toy section is a disaster and half the employees there dont even know what they're doing

Now, which one do you think will be more accurate?

Reaction score

Yet Walmart makes more money than any other retailer. Explain that. Actually don't, we all know why. That aside, Target caters to a crowd that is hip and looking for something new and fresh, so that is why they move stuff quick and if this weren't for their unique style, they would have been destroyed by Walmart long ago. I'm glad they ditch it quick, because it gives the later waves in a collection a chase to see shelf space. I won't have to worry about finding the Naboo wave at Target, but I might at Walmart and most definately K-mart.

Reaction score

Toonimator said:
Because they're all gone. at least from your store. the computers were probably updated.
no, it doesnt work like that. usally after the 4th week of a clearance, the markdown cant go down any furthur than 75% so it goes to "item not found". there have been so many toys that I had found stashed in stores that were on clearance months earlier. the manager would just give me any price if there was none for it.

Reaction score

Adam_S said:
Well, target is very well organized, sophisticated, good-smelling and a good clean place.

Walmart is a disgusting pigstye. There is gum, silly string and stiky goo everywher you walk. Almost everything there smells like [censored], the toy section is a disaster and half the employees there dont even know what they're doing

Now, which one do you think will be more accurate?
none of the walmarts by me are like that!