Skirmish in the Senate

Sev

Reaction score
Re: Skirmish in the Senate v2

saddestmoon said:
^^^ What is there not to understand?

Let me put it real simple: This set holds zero interest for me. I already have these figures, so I don't see the need to acquire any more of these, and the Pod just doesn't appeal.

I'm not interested in this set one bit - like I posted, I already have all the Shocktroopers I want, and I don't think its worth getting this pack, even if it contained two shocktroopers and was being sold for even less - it doesn't interest me.

I already have enough stuff to clutter my life with, without adding this set. I'm not a completist either, nor am I enamoured by more Shocktroopers.

Sure, if this set is exactly what you want, and it lights your ring, so to speak, go out and get it. It just doesn't appeal to me.

The appeal of Shocktroopers is beginning to diminish as well. Guess it comes down to a matter of taste, and I don't feel that this pack warrants me spending any cash - I already have these figures, and I'd rather save that money for something a little more interesting, in my opinion.

Don't be worried about why I choose not to buy this set - I've given my reasons, as I'm sure you've got your reasons as to why you ARE buying this set. I don't understand the hype of this set, but if its what does it for you, go ahead, buy it and enjoy it to your hearts content.

Just being honest!

BTW: I enjoy your reviews SEV - keep em' coming!
I see. See, what I did was I sold my pod and 2 of my #6s to get this superior mold of the Shocktrooper.

Thanks about reviews!

Reaction score

Anyhow I just came back from Target and all the BP's were sold out! That surprised me since only the Demise of G were selling, then all of the sudden they sell out!! I smell some going ons a foot. I bet if I go back sometime next week, I'll see em all back, but with the pods removed or the Clones switched out!!! Mark my words!!

Reaction score

My local Target store had 5-6 of these BPs on Sunday. Almost bought one, but didn't in the end. Just have a reservation about paying $20 for 2 Shocktrooper and a Senate Pod. The Emporer and Yoda are worthless to me since I have the ROTS versions.

Oh well, maybe next time...

Reaction score

I found 9 today at Target, and bought one.

As anyone else noticed that the clones paint job looks rushed? Mine have spots where the paint didn't reach, and black speckles in certain spots

Reaction score

They are SA and don't appear to be, and everything was in tact. I checked all the boxes for any signs of tampering. Besides I needed TnT to get those figures out, if someone switched them they're super human.

Reaction score

My Target mismarked them and I picked up one for $14.99. Considering going back for more

Reaction score

I have a number of these sets and the paints jobs are nice IMO. I did check the paint on the shockies before I bought them and notice some were painted better than others. Since I had several to choose from I picked out the best looking ones.

Reaction score

i bought a set. the shocks look nice in the senate pod, especially if you add the quickdraw shocktrooper.

i don't understand when people say palpy is in the wrong outfit. i've watched the movie recently trying to pay attention to this, and it doesn't seem like his outfit is different during the battle. it's very dark, if not black.

Reaction score

monkeyboy said:
i don't understand when people say palpy is in the wrong outfit. i've watched the movie recently trying to pay attention to this, and it doesn't seem like his outfit is different during the battle. it's very dark, if not black.
The robes that Sidious wears when he fights Yoda are two-toned ... as seen here:

Reaction score

My Target had about eight of these on the shelf this afternoon. I've already gotten three, and I don't think I need anymore shock troopers.

Reaction score

I got one! Pretty cool. My Target had 12+ when I went, so I don't think these are too rare.

Reaction score

Darth_Rayne said:
monkeyboy said:
The robes that Sidious wears when he fights Yoda are two-toned ... as seen here:

Hasbro made the 12" version of that outfit. Maybe one day they'll get around to make the 4" version.

Reaction score

I picked this up yesterday and it is sweet. I'd like to get another because the troopers and the pods are worth it.

Reaction score

Wow, someone bought 20 of them, must be nice
I picked up one just for the clones. I see them so often that I bought one for my brother and his kids, they loved it. The Yoda and Palpy are my play ones since they are re-hashes.

Reaction score

BUHAHAHAHA SCALPERS BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME I SCORED 3 OF THEM. YOU SCALPERS SUCK I M KEEPING IT 4 EVER!

STAR WARS FANS UNITE! OVERTHROW THE SCALPERS!

Reaction score

I'm starting to see this set "shelfwarm" around my area. Same with Grievous.
I'm still slightly tempted to get another, but not at $20. If Target drops the price, well... I don't know if I could resist!

Reaction score

I finally picked one up, haven't gotten around to opening it since I was watching a movie, but will!! I'll more than likely trade away the Clones and the Emperor and Yoda for more Senate Pods!! Of course it's going to be The Emperor and a Clone for 2 pods, and Yoda and a Clone for 2 pods!! Don't want to have nothing buy Yodas and Emperors lying around!!

Reaction score

Jonny_Rotten said:
Damn I can't seem to pass these sets up and at only $20 it's worth it just for the 2 SA Shocktroopers. I have 8 sets at this point anyone need extra senate Pods?
I do.

I've bought 5 of the BPs giving me 10 shocktroopers. Since I army-build in 5s, I'm stopping there as far as the actual BPs are concerned, but I want more pods. I've already bought a few loose on Ebay.

Reaction score

As do I, you want to send some my way, if so how much??

Reaction score

No problem!! I hope to find some scummer that wants the Shocks more than the pods!!

Reaction score

I have a new plan for these extra Yodas and Palpatines. I think next time I hunt for SW stuff I will give the Yodas and Palpatines to the kids I see often in the toy aisles. What do you think?

Reaction score

That's a GREAT idea ice!

Might pass on Xtras myself!

Looks like San Diego kids will get some free gifts.

Reaction score

Xx_Ice_xX said:
I have a new plan for these extra Yodas and Palpatines. I think next time I hunt for SW stuff I will give the Yodas and Palpatines to the kids I see often in the toy aisles. What do you think?
That's a terrible idea! Can you imagine the kids you've given Yodas and Emperors to holding an "opened" toy in the toy aisle, people who work at the store will think these kids must have opened a package and stole the figures; then they'll call security. Your nice deed can get some kids caught for shoplifting.

Reaction score

Winsto That's a terrible idea! Can you imagine the kids you've given Yodas and Emperors to holding an "opened" toy in the toy aisle said:
This is one of the lamest remarks I've seen. If you're going to make a stab at humor, use a smiley because you're sounding paranoid. Let the man give out free toys for kids. Sheesh.

Reaction score

All year long i hold onto the stuff i don't need until halloween, and than the kids get it instead of candy. It has gotten a little out of hand lately though, they have started to form lines.
But it's great, they love it, i enjoy it also. I do the same for any clearance items i pick up. You'd be surprised what you can save all year, just picking up items for $1-$3.....not just Star Wars items, all toys in general.

Reaction score

How many did you guys buy? I am an army builder, I bought 4 sets.

Reaction score

Winsto said:
Xx_Ice_xX said:
That's a terrible idea! Can you imagine the kids you've given Yodas and Emperors to holding an "opened" toy in the toy aisle, people who work at the store will think these kids must have opened a package and stole the figures; then they'll call security. Your nice deed can get some kids caught for shoplifting.
Remember Xx_Ice_xX no good deed goes unpunished.

Just kidding.

Reaction score

DarthBuff said:
How many did you guys buy? I am an army builder, I bought 4 sets.
2, and I bought an extra Pod from a scummer.

Reaction score

Funny how the battlepack the depicts Yoda V. Emperor duel and no one wants either one. I am just as guilty. I love those SA Shockies!

Reaction score

lavavader said:
Funny how the battlepack the depicts Yoda V. Emperor duel and no one wants either one.
That's because they've each been rehashed abouyt 100 times and the Palpatine isn't that great of a figure anyway.

Reaction score

NuteGunray said:
lavavader said:
Funny how the battlepack the depicts Yoda V. Emperor duel and no one wants either one.
That's because they've each been rehashed abouyt 100 times and the Palpatine isn't that great of a figure anyway.
I know, I agree. They should have done a battlepack with all SA shockies somehow. That would have been better because that's all we want anyway.

Reaction score

lavavader said:
NuteGunray said:
lavavader said:
I know, I agree. They should have done a battlepack with all SA shockies somehow. That would have been better because that's all we want anyway.
Exactly. Should have offered them in white mailer boxes like they did with stormies and sandtroopers .

Reaction score

Bomarr said:
I'm starting to see this set "shelfwarm" around my area. Same with Grievous.
I'm still slightly tempted to get another, but not at $20. If Target drops the price, well... I don't know if I could resist!
Well, I said from day one Hasbro was stupid for charging $20 for only 2 Shocks. It doesn't surprise me in the least they're sitting. They either should've charged $15 for it or added one more Shock.

Reaction score

They aren't exactly "sitting" here. They are selling slowly but steadily. Target is getting boatloads of these in (1-2 cases per week), which may give the appearance that they're shelf-warming.

Reaction score

I got 1 set.That's all,I do want more pods & Shocks thoe.

GNT

Reaction score
NuteGunray said:
Exactly had the sets contained a new Yoda and new Palpatine the set would've been a masterpiece but Hasbro took the cheap way out by throwing in those 2 figures. You've got 2 figures we already have and nobody wants again and 2 that have been released before that people want more of!