Sketch Cards

Reaction score
Scummers, I'm looking for some help. I have a huge collection of sketch cards and one of the things I love about this show is the sketch cards the various artists produce. I'm hoping there are a few VIP badge holders going to the show that really don't care about the sketch cards. If that is you please PM me. I would like to buy your blank cards so I can get a few more artist cards this year OR perhaps we can work out some sort of trade at the show. (I also have a complete set of Fan Days II cards that I would be willing to trade for your 5 blank sketch cards). Please help me Scummers!! Thanks!!

Reaction score
I actually made a similar request in a different thread and got zero takers. Seems the sketch cards are more popular than I thought. The list of artists is really impressive this year, selecting who to have work on five cards will be rough.

Reaction score
If I had a card, Russell Walks would be MANDATORY.... awesome work.

Reaction score
I have Russ doing a larger piece for me that I will be picking up at the show, the guy is a wizard!

Reaction score
jadams said:
If I had a card, Russell Walks would be MANDATORY.... awesome work.
I love Walks, but he does not do good on the spot cards. I asked for him to do something last year and he just did a quick lightsaber. He told me he needs to take things home and do them. But I bet if you order a head of time it would kick [censored]!

Ed3

Reaction score
Some of the artists have been posting on Facebook that Ben sent them a batch of blanks ahead of time and they've been working on the cards. (They'll trade you a finished card for your blank, they post.)

Reaction score
Hey guys..
I'm working on Star Wars Fan Days 3 cards so I can send them to Grant Gould, who will have them available at his table since I won't be there. I thought that this would be easier than having Ben and staff figuring out how to handle them. More info soon!
~Mark

Reaction score
Denise Vasquez is. Denise is also throwing in, I think, 5 full colour ones on a first come first served basis. Other than that, she does offer to 'upgrade' the b/w sketches to full colour for a fee.

It would be kinda cool if you had that option for all the artists (trade), especially for those of us who want to participate, but aren't really sure what characters to get the artists to do (though I have been researching them all and have a vague idea)

Reaction score
McHaleyArt said:
Hey guys..
I'm working on Star Wars Fan Days 3 cards so I can send them to Grant Gould, who will have them available at his table since I won't be there. I thought that this would be easier than having Ben and staff figuring out how to handle them. More info soon!
~Mark
We will miss ya Mark!
I will have to find that Odin master....as I can not get enough of your amazing work.

Reaction score
Jamie_Snell said:
So far all of mine have some sort of color in them. I have half way done with my 50.
Are you offering them for sale or trade with a blank card?

As a side note, Randy Martinez sent me a pic of my card that I pre-purchased and it looks . . wait for it . . . AWESOME!!

Reaction score
My cards will be available at Grant Gould's table. Same rules apply (25 available per day, in exchange for a blank card, etc.) Cards will be given at random from the top of the pile. NO special requests please.
Here's what to expect from my free sketch cards. Since I won't be there to upgrade them upon request, I put the same amount of effort into these B&W cards as I would have a set for topps. I can be contacted here or by email if you want me to paint the card you receive (for a fee).
Have a great time everybody!!!
~Mark

About a dozen are pen & ink:

Reaction score
Great cards Mark, but you left out the cool set that had the two Vader images.

(I will have to bribe Grant to get one....lol)

Here is one of the pieces I will be picking up at the show:

Reaction score
those are great Mark, sorry you can't make. I know, I had great time talking to you last year there.

Looks like Cat Staggs did that, very nice piece that you are picking up Vader

Reaction score
Mark, maybe Grant will be on the same plane as we are. pssst Grant "Hand over Mark's cards"
hahahaha
just kidding

Reaction score
Cperry06 said:
Are you offering them for sale or trade with a blank card?
They are for the trade with a blank card, but I do have some extra I will have for sale.

Reaction score
I'm looking to get a custom trading card done, similar to one a friend got. If any artists are up for a commission like that for a fellow scummer, please pm me. It's been a "want" for a long time now!

Reaction score
Sarasotarockstar said:
I'm looking to get a custom trading card done, similar to one a friend got. If any artists are up for a commission like that for a fellow scummer, please pm me. It's been a "want" for a long time now!
Every artist is different with commissions I would recommend a message to them directly as they typically that type of open request will not get alot of response. Let me know if you need some artwork help, I will help if I can.

Three blanks down..two more for tomorrow.

Reaction score
Mark.....wow.
I got a couple great pencil sketches of yours from Grant. Thanks to all the artists this year!

Reaction score
StarKiller421 said:
Mark.....wow.
I got a couple great pencil sketches of yours from Grant. Thanks to all the artists this year!
Which ones?
I would love to get a Vader one. I got the Dooku one and would trade if your interested.

Love the Fetts Mark! If I did not blow my money at FD3 I would be bidding on both of those.

Reaction score
Sounds like you guys had a good time. Wish I could have been there. This is the kind of show that I would want to hang out at if I weren't participating.

Reaction score
A posted on the other thread, but a few of my faves from this show:
The best Crumb ever from the coolest artist at the show:

And a few of my faves for the Jabba creature collection:
(Love my Rancor Keeper, someone finally did one for me!!)

Reaction score
Here are four of my FD3 cards: (The fifth one is blueline and will not scan. )

here is one from last year I picked up on Saturday as I love the ANH Vaders.

Finally here is one of my Walks pieces:

This one is the B&W under image to a larger color painting. It will not fit on my scanner so I will have to add photos later. I also have a large pieces by Kevin Graham & Cat Staggs that I will need to share.

Great cards everyone! Lets do this again next year.