Sith Trooper Mini Bust

Reaction score
looks neat?

but had 5 seconds of screen time and didn't do anything. Story of the sequels, market a character hard and do nothing with them in the film.

Pass.

Reaction score
I was waiting on someone to create a thread for this bust. That's how the GG collecting world is now? This bust was revealed on IGN like 2 or 3 days ago. Still looks pretty cool and will probably get it. I don't really focus on Mini Busts anymore but I think they are all I have room for anymore! haha

Reaction score
I was waiting on someone to create a thread for this bust. That's how the GG collecting world is now? This bust was revealed on IGN like 2 or 3 days ago.
What was the point of waiting? Creating this thread took me two seconds. Yeah, we all know this forum isn't what it used to be but those of us who are left can help each other out by posting info as soon as we know it.

Anyway, I'm undecided on this one. I enjoyed TROS and this trooper looks cool but I'm not sure about a place to put him right now.

Reaction score
I was waiting on someone to create a thread for this bust. That's how the GG collecting world is now? This bust was revealed on IGN like 2 or 3 days ago. Still looks pretty cool and will probably get it. I don't really focus on Mini Busts anymore but I think they are all I have room for anymore! haha
ST merch honestly doesn't really sell much. Most people who don't collect everything are more into PT and OT pieces.

Reaction score
I do love a Trooper and red so this was an easy buy for me........

Until I went to buy it and the cheapest shipping was $50, ridiculous!

I thought this had been sorted, you may as well just wave goodbye to all your overseas customers DST.

Reaction score
Love the design and that’s all that matters to me. More screen time would’ve been cool
looks neat?

but had 5 seconds of screen time and didn't do anything. Story of the sequels, market a character hard and do nothing with them in the film.

Pass.
Is screen time really a prerequisite for your collection, or is it more of a disdain for the sequels? I ask because I’ve heard this argument from others before yet they never hesitate to buy some blink and you’ll miss them random OT alien from the Cantina or say Jabba’s Palace. For me it’s all about character design. I’d just as easily by this Sith Trooper as I would a character like Tessek or Ephant Mon.

Reaction score
Are we really going back instead of forward and attack every person for what he or she chooses to collect? C'mon , folks. With all the years we've spent collecting I'm sure none of us is a teenager anymore so we should have by now the wisdom to like what we like without the need to point fingers at what others choose to collect that differs from our own likes. I collect 5 second characters from the OT because of what those three movies represent to me at different times in my life, and because I prefer those movies over anything else made after; my choice and it all ends there. Does that make me a bad person or angry towards others? No! Collector x chooses whatever he or she likes from the ST, PT, EU, Animated series or whatever, because it is what tickles their fancy. I can appreciate the design of characters from all films, whether I like some films and dislike others. As long as we keep treating each other with divisive comments because of simple opinions or preferences, we'll be just the same as the rest of society is these days: divided. We are collectors and this is a community where every preference should be allowed, same as every opinion without resulting to unbecoming finger pointing. Personally, I do not care for this character, but I can understand others like it and let it be without the need to invade this thread with attacks. Personally, when my turn comes for an OT character to show up one day, I'd like to find the same acceptance as I'm showing for those that like the ST and their characters. Let's be a community , not a war zone. JMHO

Reaction score
I do love a Trooper and red so this was an easy buy for me........

Until I went to buy it and the cheapest shipping was $50, ridiculous!

I thought this had been sorted, you may as well just wave goodbye to all your overseas customers DST.
Get it from BBTS, they have $4 shipping. That's who I pre-ordered mine from :)
*Even though they ship everywhere, I guess I'm not sure if that $4 shipping applies to overseas.
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/114567

Last edited:
Reaction score
Are we really going back instead of forward and attack every person for what he or she chooses to collect? C'mon , folks. With all the years we've spent collecting I'm sure none of us is a teenager anymore so we should have by now the wisdom to like what we like without the need to point fingers at what others choose to collect that differs from our own likes. I collect 5 second characters from the OT because of what those three movies represent to me at different times in my life, and because I prefer those movies over anything else made after; my choice and it all ends there. Does that make me a bad person or angry towards others? No! Collector x chooses whatever he or she likes from the ST, PT, EU, Animated series or whatever, because it is what tickles their fancy. I can appreciate the design of characters from all films, whether I like some films and dislike others. As long as we keep treating each other with divisive comments because of simple opinions or preferences, we'll be just the same as the rest of society is these days: divided. We are collectors and this is a community where every preference should be allowed, same as every opinion without resulting to unbecoming finger pointing. Personally, I do not care for this character, but I can understand others like it and let it be without the need to invade this thread with attacks. Personally, when my turn comes for an OT character to show up one day, I'd like to find the same acceptance as I'm showing for those that like the ST and their characters. Let's be a community , not a war zone. JMHO
Well said Julian, as always.

I personally loathe the ST, but I love the design of this character and he is in the Battlefront II game. I own a Carbonized 6" figure of the Sith Trooper and it is an excellent looking character! I decided to collect this character because of a video game. Just like many of us own or did own Force Unleashed mini busts, mini helmets, figures, etc. They are from a game, does that make them unworthy? Of course not :).

Reaction score
Not sure if your response was directed at me or not Julian but FWIW I was just asking out of curiosity. There is no right or wrong way collect as far as I’m concerned. I’ve just heard the screen time argument many times and never understood how it applies to one film (or set of films) and not another. Seems if that was one’s logic behind what they purchase they’d only focus on characters that were well developed on screen. Instead I feel the main determining factor for a lot of collectors has more to do with how they connected to the film in question rather than the character’s actual screen time, or they’d collect that way across the board.

Reaction score
Love the design and that’s all that matters to me. More screen time would’ve been cool

Is screen time really a prerequisite for your collection, or is it more of a disdain for the sequels? I ask because I’ve heard this argument from others before yet they never hesitate to buy some blink and you’ll miss them random OT alien from the Cantina or say Jabba’s Palace. For me it’s all about character design. I’d just as easily by this Sith Trooper as I would a character like Tessek or Ephant Mon.
Probably my fault for adding that small sequel jab in my post lol. I didn't mean for this to happen. That whole trilogy was them marketing cool looking characters like Phasma, Knights of Ren and Sith Trooper..and they maybe have 5 minutes of total screentime in 3 movies. To be fair I don't really collect the 5 second aliens either.

I usually collect most troopers too, this just isn't for me unfortunately.

Reaction score
Not sure if your response was directed at me or not Julian but FWIW I was just asking out of curiosity. There is no right or wrong way collect as far as I’m concerned. I’ve just heard the screen time argument many times and never understood how it applies to one film (or set of films) and not another. Seems if that was one’s logic behind what they purchase they’d only focus on characters that were well developed on screen. Instead I feel the main determining factor for a lot of collectors has more to do with how they connected to the film in question rather than the character’s actual screen time, or they’d collect that way across the board.
Scott, it was not. It was a generalized opinion about comments that walk away from the camaraderie we should all have as collectors. There was a time, I don't know if you remember, when we were fighting here all the time about being an OT or PT collector, ignoring newbies, etc. It did not feel right. My comment above deals with pointing out we could go back to that unbecoming division if we let emotions run amok. What I am trying to say is that we all should leave room for everyone to have a voice, be tolerant. My words are not meant to silence people for the way they choose to express themselves. By all means, people have their own way of saying how the feel about this or that, and as collectors I know we are quite passionate. Heck, I had my good share of "fights" with others in the action figures forum years ago , but as time has passed I've come to realize, not everyone feels the same way about everything and we can disagree with some comments without inciting controversy. Collecting, to me , as far as Star Wars is concerned, deals with story-telling, character design and most importantly how the films impacted me at the time. In the end, all of us in our own right choose to collect what best fits our preferences. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Probably my fault for adding that small sequel jab in my post lol. I didn't mean for this to happen. That whole trilogy was them marketing cool looking characters like Phasma, Knights of Ren and Sith Trooper..and they maybe have 5 minutes of total screentime in 3 movies. To be fair I don't really collect the 5 second aliens either.

I usually collect most troopers too, this just isn't for me unfortunately.
Yeah, it‘s unfortunate the characters you mentioned didn’t get the attention they deserved. Definitely one of a handful of shortcomings I’d attribute to the sequel trilogy as well. Appreciate the response.

Reaction score
I ordered one of these because I love Star Wars and I think it looks pretty cool. And while they didn't get much action in Rise , maybe we'll get to learn more about them from a future novel , comic , game , tv series or whatever.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I ordered, because I order just about everything and it is a nice looking sculpt, but I really wish gentle giant would start focusing more on characters and less on troops.
I order just about every bust as well since anything SW is cool to me whether it's troopers, aliens, etc. I too wish they'd focus more on characters/aliens and mini busts in general for that matter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Decided to order this one, I love the design regardless of its screen time; or what I thought of the movie.
The international shipping was painful though, cheapest option was $51. Plus whatever it costs in charges when it arrives in the UK :(

Reaction score

I personally loathe the ST, but I love the design of this character and he is in the Battlefront II game. I own a Carbonized 6" figure of the Sith Trooper and it is an excellent looking character! I decided to collect this character because of a video game. Just like many of us own or did own Force Unleashed mini busts, mini helmets, figures, etc. They are from a game, does that make them unworthy? Of course not :).
He's fun in battlefront.

A good inferno squad bust would be neat too.

Reaction score

He's fun in battlefront.

A good inferno squad bust would be neat too.
Y’all play BF2 !? Nice, I do to, quite a bit, haha. What platform do y’all play on ?

Reaction score
Hope that this amazing bust will sells well. I would like to see in the future more first order minibusts like at least one Knight of Ren, Jet trooper, Snoke and a Praetorian guard.

Reaction score
Just got the email. I’m glad the backlog is starting to get fixed, but this is four mini-busts I’ve been charged for in a week. And presumably Tarkin and Ponda Baba aren’t far behind.

I said this last week with the Mando busts, but it sure would be nice if they could spread this out a little.