Sith Trooper - #162

Reaction score
I think its going to be a war between Kylo and the emperor. Kylo is not sith...

Reaction score
Here's my question: why the heck do the Sith suddenly have Stormtroopers? :eek:
Well, technically "a Sith" had Stormtroopers in the OT. Just in case you've never see that Saga. There are tons of white troopers running around in those 3 movies, and they were under the Command of Vader/Palpatine who were Sith. Via the Empire of Course. I know it's splitting hairs.

If you're specifically talking about a "Sith Trooper" as in this figure that's based from an appearance in the movie. I would wager it's more about brand naming by Hasbro rather than being an actual Sith Trooper.

Also, if you're okay with the EU. Sith troopers existed there for a long time. So it's nothing new, really.

Reaction score
Well, technically "a Sith" had Stormtroopers in the OT. Just in case you've never see that Saga. There are tons of white troopers running around in those 3 movies, and they were under the Command of Vader/Palpatine who were Sith. Via the Empire of Course. I know it's splitting hairs.

If you're specifically talking about a "Sith Trooper" as in this figure that's based from an appearance in the movie. I would wager it's more about brand naming by Hasbro rather than being an actual Sith Trooper.

Also, if you're okay with the EU. Sith troopers existed there for a long time. So it's nothing new, really.
I mean these are palpy's personal army. Like the royal guards.

Reaction score
Cause Snoke and Kylo were influenced and trained in some the ways of the Sith. Kylo is a fan of the Sith Order, and their name is great propaganda to combat Luke's legend, the Jedi as a whole, of course and Rey. These soldiers are basically his Waffen SS - they fill the role of Royal Guardsmen, Shock Troopers and Death Troopers of old.
Good explanation! That works for me. I honestly don't mind if it's not explained in the film. Sometimes it's better when they leave things to our imaginations.

Reaction score
Just opened one of these. It's a fantastic figure with smooth articulation - but one major flaw:

Both wrists are up/down joints instead of up/down on the right and side/side on the left. It makes for more natural looking poses with a blaster with one of each set up.

Also the large blaster obviously has a peg for a stand for it to be mounted on that isn't included.

Last edited:
Reaction score
got a couple of these guys today. not sure exactly who they are but i mostly like the figure. the hands are terrible though. right hand can kinda sorta hold a gun but not well and left hand is totally useless. also the hip joints took a lot of fiddling in order to get him to stand up on his own.

i'm really curious why these guys look more like phase 3 clone troopers than stormtroopers. they've even got that weird commander cody shoulder antenna.

Last edited:
Reaction score
got a couple of these guys today. not sure exactly who they are but i mostly like the figure. the hands are terrible though. right hand can kinda sorta hold a gun but not well and left hand is totally useless. also the hip joints took a lot of fiddling in order to get him to stand up on his own.

Loose hip joints, eh? Was the packaging damaged? Was the bubble smashed?

I got one of the new TVC Death Star Gunners earlier this year and it had the loose hip issue but the package had been badly damaged including a smashed bubble. I thought that maybe the hips were loose because the bubble had been smashed which might have damaged the figure. Maybe the smashed bubble wasn't a factor and it's instead just poorly engineered hip joints that are causing them to be loose to the point that the legs flop and therefore not able to allow the figure to stand up on it's legs.

Reaction score

i'm really curious why these guys look more like phase 3 clone troopers than stormtroopers. they've even got that weird commander cody shoulder antenna.
Agreed about the hands. They SUCK. It's really disappointing actually. The hips on mine aren't loose but just like almost every new figure with this over engineered articulation system it's difficult to get it to stand or pose naturally without some work.

Reaction score

I feel as though the Stormtroopers were for the Empire, whereas the Sith troopers were clearly purposed to be separate and apart from the Empire. I think a lot of rumors and supplemental readings lead to the Emperor being ok with letting the Empire fall, wiping it clean, and building and growing a new "more superior" threat in the far reaches of the unknown space who will be ready to pounce at the opportune moment. I think Kylo will definitely have to fight Sith troopers since he's a part of the First Order and not necessarily a Sith. Is he even called a Sith at this point? I know he's clearly tuned to the Dark Side, but not sure that makes one a Sith, just like being in tune with the Force does not make one a Jedi.

Reaction score
Anyone have a good solution for placing the big gun in his hand?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I bet I tried for ten minutes yesterday to get my trooper to hold his rifle. I can’t figure out if it’s his hands (which aren’t great) or the wide gun stocks that make it so difficult. For now, I’m giving him the smaller blaster and putting the big gun in the accessories storage!

Reaction score
My Sith Trooper and Shadow Trooper order is supposed to arrive January 2nd. I decided to pass on the armory exclusive because I don't want a giant pile of unused weapons.

Reaction score
Also the large blaster obviously has a peg for a stand for it to be mounted on that isn't included.
If you mean the peg on the back, then that is like that. It is the stabilizer that extends out when the blaster has the stand folded out. Just compare to a previous version and you will see what I mean or look at some screen shots.

Reaction score
If you mean the peg on the back, then that is like that. It is the stabilizer that extends out when the blaster has the stand folded out. Just compare to a previous version and you will see what I mean or look at some screen shots.
Ah yea you're right.

So basically it's as worthless as this figures hands. Kind of a shame.

Reaction score
I read on Wookiepedia that these troops are from the 105th Battalion

Reaction score
Yeah my 3 figures arrived from Amazon today. Great figure, major failure is the lousy hands. The palms are for some reason fat which makes it very diffucul to positon the main assault blaster and make it secured to stay in place. The heavy megablaster seems to fit better oddly with these stupid hands, well not really odd if you look at the handle of the heavy blaster. The hands on the Jet version are superior.

Comparing the figures, I think the Jet trooper Death Trooper style midsection armor looks better than the FO stormtrooper midsection on the standard Sith Trooper. The two figures themselves are different molds right down to hands and feet. The Jet Trooper is also a lil deeper red from what I can tell.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I feel as though the Stormtroopers were for the Empire, whereas the Sith troopers were clearly purposed to be separate and apart from the Empire. I think a lot of rumors and supplemental readings lead to the Emperor being ok with letting the Empire fall, wiping it clean, and building and growing a new "more superior" threat in the far reaches of the unknown space who will be ready to pounce at the opportune moment. I think Kylo will definitely have to fight Sith troopers since he's a part of the First Order and not necessarily a Sith. Is he even called a Sith at this point? I know he's clearly tuned to the Dark Side, but not sure that makes one a Sith, just like being in tune with the Force does not make one a Jedi.
Then why do they both have similarly designed helmets?

Reaction score
Then why do they both have similarly designed helmets?
It's a great question - I could see 3 answers. One - the filmmakers and writers have zero clue about continuity in Star Wars and just kept the same aesthetic (very probable) Two - my theory is totally wrong or Three - the Emperor's fleets still had contacts with the previous Empire (now First Order) weapons and armor makers or the Emperor himself made sure that for every trooper armor or blaster made, another one was always sent out to the Unknown Regions. I get it though - the problem with that theory is whoever the supplier would be would need to KNOW where the Unknown Regions were, making them totally known lol. Hopefully this actually gets explained and they don't gloss over it or ignore it like I'm expecting.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Another potential option is that, after the battle of Crait, Kylo has decided that his "let the past die" etc credo isn't working, and he leans in hard on embracing the legacy of the Sith. So he decks out his personal special forces in Sith lightsaber red (which also happens to match the new "scars" on his mask)...hence the First Order-style helmets.

I look forward to being proven hilariously wrong in two months' time.

Reaction score
I still think snoke was a force extention of Palpatine.he created the first order, and was using Ben Solo to either get to Luke, or have him as a host body. The sith troopers may be his army, and fight the first order whitey tightie troops.

Reaction score
I still think snoke was a force extention of Palpatine.he created the first order, and was using Ben Solo to either get to Luke, or have him as a host body. The sith troopers may be his army, and fight the first order whitey tightie troops.
I'm definitely sensing a three way battle going on here, maybe Kylo will see that and turn his white troopers on the red Sith troopers at some point and join forces with the Rebels (I hate saying Resistance, it's so lame). With Wedge coming back into the fold, I've heard the actual Rebels are returning.

Reaction score
Reports a showing up as this hitting Targets now, anyone know the DPCI for this on Brickseek?

Reaction score
They did the padded package for me too. But like you, I am an opener.

Reaction score
Picked up two today. Kinda wish he came with the blasters from the Sith Air Trooper instead though. Its a nice figure. Was surprised how stable he stands even holding the big *** rifle.

Reaction score
Got mine from Target last week. Was able to pick the best paint apps from the two that were there. One had a wonky visor paint, so I'm very happy to have found these in the wild, the way it should be. Still haven't found Leia of the Dark Trooper though.

Reaction score
Speaking of Amazon, has anyone received the standard Sith Trooper or Yavin Leia? I ordered them both over a month ago, and Leia still says shipping in Feb 2020! No update on the trooper either, though that wave has been spotted at retail already...

Reaction score
Mine still " not shipped" or however worded. But I did get updated eta mail stating next Monday thru Thursday. I ordered soon after listing went live, but later that night, I noticed they updated the eta to end of Feb. I contacted Amazon amount it and in the end, they confirmed a glitch w/ other item in order and offered 20.00 off new order if I reordered the sith trooper. So had to reorder it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Speaking of Amazon, has anyone received the standard Sith Trooper or Yavin Leia? I ordered them both over a month ago, and Leia still says shipping in Feb 2020! No update on the trooper either, though that wave has been spotted at retail already...
There's been a few reports above of folks getting the sith trooper via amazon. As I type this, Amazon has a few left in stock but at a 50% mark up. If u get a chance, chat w/ them and they immediately process your order (as long as it's still in stock via Amazon proper) at the orig price. And they may even give u a courtesy discount