Sith Trooper - #162

GNT

Reaction score
It appears we'll be getting a Sith Trooper in the Vintage Collection. Anyone excited about this figure?

Reaction score
I’m liking this Sith Trooper a lot better than the Sith “Jet” Trooper. I can’t put my finger exactly on what it is, but something is pushing me towards this version much more than the Jet version.

Reaction score
I’m liking this Sith Trooper a lot better than the Sith “Jet” Trooper. I can’t put my finger exactly on what it is, but something is pushing me towards this version much more than the Jet version.
Yeah, the jet trooper's proportions look a little off to me.

Definitely in for a few of these.

Reaction score
Well, while I don't really care for this particular figure as is. It has possibilities such as replacing the helmet with a Praetorian Guard's helmet. As well as swapping out the accessories. I was never really a fan of the Praetorian sculpt concept, but a mix match looks to be in order.

I do like the minute details they've sculpted in him. He's definitely growing on me and may have to get a couple.

Reaction score
I was able to get two the only two stocked Sith Jet Troopers at around 1:30 am at the Walmart near my job. I have to say, its an excellent figure and cool design.

Reaction score
I'll probably just buy a case of this wave anyway, so I'll end up with two.

Reaction score
I think the figure looks fantastic and I love the card image. Very excited to add this figure to my collection.

My only gripe is that if they can fit the big gun in a small/medium bubble with this figure then figures like the 2019 Boba Fett, Jawa etc shouldn't have such big or wide bubbles.

Reaction score
That review is for the Sith Jet Trooper. This thread is for the Sith Trooper not yet available for purchase.

Thread for Jet Sith Trooper

https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1142361&p=20213696#post20213696

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reaction score
Sith vs First Order

Just thinking....

Sith Troopers are Red, First Order Troopers are White/Black.

Back in TCW we often saw Sith vs Sith battles. Dooku vs Savage Opress/Ventress. Maul vs Sidious. The red sabers would clash from time to time.

I looking at these Red soldiers and thinking, the color change would make sense if the Movie folks want the Sith and 1st Order to battle each other and this would give a visual difference between the two sides in the movie scenes.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just thinking....

Sith Troopers are Red, First Order Troopers are White/Black.

Back in TCW we often saw Sith vs Sith battles. Dooku vs Savage Opress/Ventress. Maul vs Sidious. The red sabers would clash from time to time.

I looking at these Red soldiers and thinking, the color change would make sense if the Movie folks want the Sith and 1st Order to battle each other and this would give a visual difference between the two sides in the movie scenes.

Thoughts?
I think they needed some stuff to sell after TLJ being the least toyetic film in the entire Saga. Red Stormtroopers are visually appealing.

Isn't this wave and the Amazon exclusive supposed to be up for pre-order today?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Up on Amazon now (along with the Shadow Trooper, Leia, Armory exclusive)

Reaction score
I knew this guy's design got stolen from somewhere lol ripping off Bram Stoker's Dracula

I can't unsee this now - they ripped it off for the Praetorian too, no doubt. I really like this Dracula movie too, so I guess it's a cool tribute by the design team.

Reaction score
I knew this guy's design got stolen from somewhere lol ripping off Bram Stoker's Dracula

I can't unsee this now - they ripped it off for the Praetorian too, no doubt. I really like this Dracula movie too, so I guess it's a cool tribute by the design team.
So because it's red and armor it's stolen from Dracula? Lol ok...

Reaction score

You are seriously reaching.

Reaction score
Cept in those days you can find figures in much greater abundance in actual stores.

Reaction score
So because it's red and armor it's stolen from Dracula? Lol ok...
The armor design uses the same ribbed texture that the Praetorians use and the Sith Troopers, to an extent. It's not just because it's all red. The actual texture plus the red makes quite a nod if you ask me. But LOL OK!

Reaction score
The armor is take off the Death Troopers and Clone Troopers of course. Just like the FO Mountain Trooper's armor was modeled on the Coastal Defender/Shore Trooper with a lil bit of the Patrol Trooper thrown in. In fact there is close similarities with the regular FO Stormtrooper and the Imperial Patrol Troopers. Looks like they tried to make the designs make sense and all part of the same family. The FO Jet Trooper helmet has a close similarity with the Range and Assault Tank Troopers.

Reaction score
Isn’t Star Wars in general a rip off of Flash Gordon? Everything takes inspiration from something else. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Isn’t Star Wars in general a rip off of Flash Gordon? Everything takes inspiration from something else. There’s nothing wrong with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Totally - Lucas loved the black and white serials from back in the day. He modeled Indiana Jones off those as well. I wasn't saying anything is wrong with that, everything influences everything that comes after it. It just got me wondering that the TLJ and ROTS design teams may have enjoyed the Dracula armor - it certainly stood out in that movie and was a bold stylistic choice.

Reaction score
You can also look at the evolution of real world military uniforms and equipment to see how some ideas carry forward through the generations. I do understand why some of this stuff leads to people (especially those of us focused on collecting merch) feeling like it's all too derivative and boring. But...I think it makes complete sense within the fictional world that an organization striving to bring back the "glory" of a lost Empire would carry forward that institution's iconography.

Reaction score
Here's my question: why the heck do the Sith suddenly have Stormtroopers? :eek:

Reaction score
Cause Snoke and Kylo were influenced and trained in some the ways of the Sith. Kylo is a fan of the Sith Order, and their name is great propaganda to combat Luke's legend, the Jedi as a whole, of course and Rey. These soldiers are basically his Waffen SS - they fill the role of Royal Guardsmen, Shock Troopers and Death Troopers of old.