Sith Jet Trooper - #106

Etain

Admiral
Reaction score
IF the figure actually has that high sheen enamel 'wet nail polish' look, then I'm into it.
I hope so too! Here is a comparison of the glamour shots of the regular Sith Trooper & the Jet Trooper. Is there much of a difference? Has Hasbro changed their paint apps? Difference in lighting? 🤷‍♂️

Spoiler:  

GarvenDreis

Sith Lord
Reaction score
Jet Trooper design does little for me, don't understand the super small visor for any trooper let alone one who flys.

This guy makes the Sith Trooper faction seem cheap. The normal trooper is unique, why aren't there just normal Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, Flame Troopers, etc. but red?

Then you got VonRegg which was red... Just a silly subfaction that confuses things

Dak_Ren

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Yeah the red troopers detract from Vonreg. I don’t understand the faction myself but I’m sure we will learn more in a couple weeks.

Bowcaster

High Admiral
Reaction score
First off I don't understand the fussing about the narrow visor? The FO Snow troopers had it and the Flametroopers as well. After taking place roughly 30 years after ROTJ doesn't anyone think that technology has advanced? The OT Stormtroopers already a tough time seeing out of the helmets and no wonder they couldn't hit anything.

These look a deeper red and would like to see Carbonized version as well.

Oofa

Grand Moff
Reaction score
First off I don't understand the fussing about the narrow visor? The FO Snow troopers had it and the Flametroopers as well. After taking place roughly 30 years after ROTJ doesn't anyone think that technology has advanced? The OT Stormtroopers already a tough time seeing out of the helmets and no wonder they couldn't hit anything.

These look a deeper red and would like to see Carbonized version as well.
The narrow visor make perfect sense for a snowtrooper - not for a flying trooper.
In regards to advancement in tech. - I'm guessing you are talking about the narrow visor being a much larger HUD display inside the helmet?
That would make sense.

Bowcaster

High Admiral
Reaction score
The narrow visor make perfect sense for a snowtrooper - not for a flying trooper.
In regards to advancement in tech. - I'm guessing you are talking about the narrow visor being a much larger HUD display inside the helmet?
That would make sense.

That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm sure the FO has spared no expense on technology for their troopers to become tenacious and advanced as they are.
Yes perfect sense for a Snowtrooper due to his weather environment, but the same could be said the the JetTrooper as well. If he is stationed in the desert and with blinding sun, this would be perfect. Correct?

Oofa

Grand Moff
Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm sure the FO has spared no expense on technology for their troopers to become tenacious and advanced as they are.
Yes perfect sense for a Snowtrooper due to his weather environment, but the same could be said the the JetTrooper as well. If he is stationed in the desert and with blinding sun, this would be perfect. Correct?
Sure, in every enrvironment with harsh/extreme lighting conditions you'd want a narrow visor like that.

TKRC13

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
I got the regular FO Jet Trooper on Tuesday. It's a fantastic figure. Really great articulation. The blaster is so cool. I'm bummed that this guy doesn't just come with a red version of that blaster. I'm still gonna get this one. And if I find another FO Jet Trooper at 50% off like I did with the first, I'll have the Sith one be the commander of the squad.

DJ121

Emperor's Hand
Reaction score
Well, all I can say after seeing the move is.......

Spoiler:  
I'll be saving a bunch of money by not buying any of these.

BlasTech

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
First off I don't understand the fussing about the narrow visor? The FO Snow troopers had it and the Flametroopers as well.
The standard Stormtroopers have nice big eye-pieces in their helmets, though, and past precedent weighs on the side of jetpack troopers getting the same (or slightly modified versions) of the basic trooper helmets, all the way back to the Clone Wars.

After taking place roughly 30 years after ROTJ doesn't anyone think that technology has advanced?
If FN's comments about FO Stormie helmets only filtering out smoke are any indication, technology has actually regressed, since OT and PT Trooper helmets could protect their wearers from a wide array of chemical and biological threats, as well as vacuum.

The OT Stormtroopers already a tough time seeing out of the helmets...
Luke had a tough time seeing out of their helmets, because he wasn't trained to use one.

...and no wonder they couldn't hit anything.

Well, all I can say after seeing the move is.......

Spoiler:  
I'll be saving a bunch of money by not buying any of these.
I think I'll wait until these guys go on Rose-level clearance and then head-canon them into Lumiya's gang:

Masterfett

Emperor
Reaction score
FTW! ^
LOL
I definitely like the looks of the Sith troopers more than the Jump troops. I do find it odd that they were surprised {are those new} about flying troopers considering they've been around since the OT.​

Etain

Admiral
Reaction score
Just like the regular Sith Trooper, the paint apps looked so much better on the glamour shots than in person. Will still probably get one eventually though, for completionist sake.

Billy_Ray

Emperor
Reaction score
This is one of the few figures I don't have. I keep seeing him...and passing on him. Does that make me a bad person? I like TROS just fine, but these guys just don't do anything for me for some reason.

Billy_Ray

Emperor
Reaction score
This is one of the few figures I don't have. I keep seeing him...and passing on him. Does that make me a bad person? I like TROS just fine, but these guys just don't do anything for me for some reason.

Billy_Ray

Emperor
Reaction score
Just realized this thread was for the SITH Jet Trooper. I was referring to the regular Jet Trooper...though my feelings are the same for both.

Bowcaster

High Admiral
Reaction score
Just realized this thread was for the SITH Jet Trooper. I was referring to the regular Jet Trooper...though my feelings are the same for both.

I know some people don't care for the design of the regular Jet Trooper and now the Sith Jet Trooper, but I have to say, these figures have great articulation! It suprised the heck out of me! I have regulars and the Carbonized versions and waiting on the Sith Versions to the shipped by Amazon!

Last edited:

THX1969

Moff
Reaction score
I just got one of these, and I will say that the sheen of the armor is superior to the 'tomato red' of the original Sith Trooper (non carbonized vsn).

Still not entirely certain why this figure was made - I can't even recall seeing it in the last movie.

Dak_Ren

Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
I know some people don't care for the design of the regular Jet Trooper and now the Sith Jet Trooper, but I have to say, these figures have great articulation! It suprised the heck out of me! I have regulars and the Carbonized versions and waiting on the Sith Versions to the shipped by Amazon!
I prefer the regular Jet Trooper and the Sith Trooper as compliments of each other. For some reason the jet pack just looks more distinct on the carbonized white.

DTLS

Rear Admiral
Reaction score
Also, why does the gun have to have red parts?

Is the first order THAT into aesthetics?? :D
It's probably about Disney making sure guns are distinctly sci-fi in their films instead of real world weapons+gribblies as they were in previous films.