Sith Infiltrator

Reaction score
personally i do not see what the big deal is. did you guys seriously think it would be a giant royal starship sized ship? lol. im glad they went the smaller route because its easier to pick up and display, without being so huge. plus, im just glad we got it made. its the first ship in the prequels to have the tie fighter wing shape, and its mauls.

Reaction score
I got one to go with my Vintage Maul, and am glad I did! Missed the previous release. I don't normally buy vehicles because they're expensive and I don't have much room, but this felt like a worthy exception.

Reaction score
i cant believe how high the vehicles prices have gone! didnt they used to be 20-25 bucks? now they are 30!! wth??

Reaction score
The vehicle was undersized and comes across as a like a mini-rig of yesteryear. That said its OK but it is hard to understand how it flies cause his cockpit is where the engines are, that is very stupid and irksome. A royal starship scale would be correct as Maul's transportation was in fact a starship not a starfighter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The vehicle was undersized and comes across as a like a mini-rig of yesteryear. That said its OK but it is hard to understand how it flies cause his cockpit is where the engines are, that is very stupid and irksome. A royal starship scale would be correct as Maul's transportation was in fact a starship not a starfighter.
Agree. Never got around to opening the first release I picked up, but now that you point out where the engines are, it is a bit laughable.

Fueled by hate?

Reaction score
Fueled by hate?
Or fossil fuel, Maul just dumps there in his cockpit and it propels the engines,lol. Tie Fighters always bothered me as well since they were just solar powered toilets with wings. I use V-Wings for my Imperials which is a far better design.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There is also no sound in space - who ever said Star Wars made sense?

Reaction score
Well yeah, we know that movies arent real. But there should some level of respect for human intelligence, logic and practically involved even if they're unwritten rules that we take for granted while watching this stuff.

Reaction score
What a stupid scene, he is a prisoner and instead of a prison cell he's got his own personal command chair and throne room(which othetwise serves no purpose as if it was built just for him) all to himself with a nice view..not a guard in sight and just Dooku waiting for the two Jedi like he new they'd crash into ship which they happen to leave hanger doors open,lol. Lucas is a terrible storyteller, whatever talent he had went with Willow(which happened to be a well made movie).

Anyway i wouldve liked to have seen the Infiltrator in action in the prequel duds but nah didnt happen.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What a stupid scene, he is a prisoner and instead of a prison cell he's got his own personal command chair and throne room(which othetwise serves no purpose as if it was built just for him) all to himself with a nice view..
Er........?

Please tell me that you do actually understand that he isn't a prisoner and it is his personal command chair and throne room built just for him.

Does S.E.T. U.P. really need to be spelt out 7 years later? You do get it really don't you? You know, the whole Sith-plotting-to-take-over-the-Galaxy-and-replace-one-apprentice-with-another-whilst-employing-Grievous thing? :rolleyes:

If you aren't being sarcastic you need to watch a certain 6 films in order again. It isn't the fault of the "terrible" storyteller if those being told the story don't understand it! ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope YOU are joking there. There is no practically of having a room and chair built just for a captured Palpatine, and in a daring surprise invasion attack while the ship is under massive attacks there is no make sense reason why Palpatine would be treated to such regal cell,lol. Anyway it was supposed to be Grievious's command quarters , but just so happened to look exactly like ROTJ Death Star because Lucas wanted one of his poetry scenes to take place. It serves really no other logical purpose other than a rehashed plot device. besides there is no mention nor hinting that Grievous knew Palpatine was Sidious in the movie. probably doesnt say much for the Jedi either, as you;d think Palpatine's fancy throne room wouldve been a hint something was amiss, namely since Dooku already told Obi Wan a Sith Lord was in control of the senate in AOTC.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Of course there is a good reason for putting Palps in a fancy chair- he is the leader of the Republic! And he had the chair built in the first place -
Grievous works for Dooku who works for Palps, so Palps is in charge of the whole set-up and provides all the gear through Banking Clan members' funding. Grievous doesn't have to know of his dual identity. He is given a ship and does what his boss, Dooku, tells him.
The scene is meant to show Dooku being double-crossed and upgraded to a younger apprentice Anakin, same as the end of ROTJ with Vader out in favour of Luke of course. It's not rehashed so much as showing who is in charge of the sceming at the outset of each act.

Reaction score
Yeah, so how 'bout that Sith Infiltrator?

I'm on the fence too. I didn't pick up the first release, and kind of regretted it. Never figured to see it released again, but here it is...mocking me from the store shelves.

Reaction score
The scale is really bad and it isnt much to look at once in hand. Its just one of things you'd like to have just in case you regret not buying it and dont want to spend a small fortune on the net later on.

Reaction score
The pop-open feature is crap and it doesn't close back up properly and tightly to display as the onscreen version = FAIL.

Reaction score
Ok, I have to ask.

Does Dooku know that Palpatine is Darth Sidious?

Or this is one those "Padme Decoy" things, where during the whole movies its obvious to us that Natalie Portman is sometimes dressed as the Queen and sometimes dressed as the handmaiden, but in the end she is 'revealed' and GL snickers to himself thinking that he fooled everyone.

Reaction score
Ok, I have to ask.

Does Dooku know that Palpatine is Darth Sidious?

Or this is one those "Padme Decoy" things, where during the whole movies its obvious to us that Natalie Portman is sometimes dressed as the Queen and sometimes dressed as the handmaiden, but in the end she is 'revealed' and GL snickers to himself thinking that he fooled everyone.
While I fail to see what this has to do with the Sith Infiltrator, I also wondered this up until ROTS. I could be totally of base here, but after Anakin "disarms" ( ;) ) Dooku, and Palpatine tells Anakin to kill him, the look of shock on Dooku's face leads me to believe that he knew Palpatine was Sidious all along.

Reaction score
While I fail to see what this has to do with the Sith Infiltrator, I also wondered this up until ROTS. I could be totally of base here, but after Anakin "disarms" ( ;) ) Dooku, and Palpatine tells Anakin to kill him, the look of shock on Dooku's face leads me to believe that he knew Palpatine was Sidious all along.

According to the ROTS novel he knew.

Reaction score
I thought it was obvious from the film. The shock is the fact that he is about to be replaced by his master's command.

Reaction score
I'll chime in here because that look of surprise is one of my favorite moments in the book. In the book I think that moment of shock is him realizing he was being played all along, his entire career, everything that he was, was a ruse. He realized his only purpose was to be Anakin Skywalkers first murder victim.

On topic I saw this recently and like others was turned off by the size. Too bad it's a cool looking ship, just needs to be 50% larger IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
While I fail to see what this has to do with the Sith Infiltrator, ...
Sorry about that. I for the life of me can not remember why this question popped into my head while I was reading this thread yesterday and felt compelled to post the question here. But thanks for answering it regardless.

I remember seeing this ship when I first started to collect back in 2008. They had one left at Walmart and at first I was like "Wow, what a cool looking ship". Then I saw what it looked like when Darth Maul was seated in it. It kind of reminded me of this miniature trains that kids ride in at parks. Its just hard to take it seriously when the scale is that far off. Sure every ship is off scale to a degree, but this was is as bad as that Naboo mini-skiff.

Reaction score
Hey Peeps!

Yes! :) Picked up the Sith Infiltrator this afternoon, from Farmers Trading Store, Lower Hutt - on sale, and priced at $41.00 (NZD) - which is a decent price, considering it was 20% off the retail cost.

This is an awesome vehicle, IMO. I'm not put off by it's scale whatsoever! Sure, it's not BMF - but I'm glad it's not - as this sized vehicle does nicely.
First thing I did (once assembled) was get out my TPM Darth Maul speeder figure, and place him in the cockpit (good fit as well).

It looks awesome, great paintjob, mould, etc... and a rather unique design for Hasbro to produce (considering all the various Jedi Starfighters hanging around on shelves, generally speaking).

:) I'm so glad this was re-released - and that I've now acquired it!!!!

Boo-Yah - I'm a Happy Camper!

@ Cyclone - My two cents worth is that this is soooooooo much better than the Naboo Mini-Skiff, IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Watching the movie again, I have to say, I'd prefer it to be more authentic. Part of the appeal is also the rear ramp/exist.

Reaction score
Jedi Temple Archives has a rather nice review of this ship with comparison to the previous release and lots of groovy pics. So it sounds like this release has been tweaked a bit after all, according to them. Anyway, I think this review has pushed me off the fence and onto the "I'm going to get it" side. Now I have to patiently wait two weeks as I have already spent most of my monthly "Star Wars allowance" ont he Deleted Scenes figures.

Reaction score
I really wish they would revisit this ship sometime in the future and make it more to scale. They should have the ramp that lowers and a cargo hold area. It would be awesome if it were also packaged with a newly sculpted Darth Maul and Sith Speeder.