Sio Bibble

Reaction score
Re: Sio Bibble/Battle Amidala

I'm probably contradicting myself here, but
I don't think that pasrticular version of Amidala would be released, it seems to me to be too obscure a version. That said, Bibble I could see being relesed again, even as obscure a part he played, although he would probably be a pegwarmer the second time around.

Reaction score

Found both at retail and TC-14 and R2-B1, to I have 1 carded and 1 loose of each figure. I also found a loose Amidala Battle for $9.95 at a flea market in Florida.
I would be fine with a re-release of these figures. I agree I could see Sio making it but the Battle Amidala was too unique. I would also re-release TC-14 and R2-B1 in the Saga Line as well. Don't know when that will happen since next years Saga focuses on the OT mainly. Then 2005 will be Ep. III.

GNT

Reaction score

Would these figures do well if put out in mass on new cards?
<font size="2" face="arial">I think they'd sell well,it'll sort of be like the Vader and Maul repacks from the Saga line,they've been made before but were hard to obtain so people will pick up an extra set to have.

Reaction score

i got Ascension Gun Amidala, Sio Bibble, the Pitdroid 2pack, holo sidious and Naboo Royal Guard on clearance at Target for $3 bucks per figure during spring of '00. They were still trying to clearance out the older Ep. 1 figures at the time so these ended up ringing up for the clearance price. I went back in and bought the rest up.

R2B1 and TC-14 and Swimming Jar Jar I got for $1.99 ea. at TRU during those great blowout days. My TRU got in only one case of ea. though.

Yea i may have gotten lucky but those are the only times i've ever seen these figures and I'm really not surprised these things are selling for that much on ebay. Actually, i think you get a bargain if you can get any of the mentioned figures for less than $30.

G

Originally posted by Bounty Hunter GNT:
I think they'd sell well,it'll sort of be like the Vader and Maul repacks from the Saga line,they've been made before but were hard to obtain so people will pick up an extra set to have.
<font size="2" face="arial">Yeah, but look at those characters. Darth Vader and Darth Maul versus a funny looking Queen Amidala and Sio Bibble? These are incomparable; of course Vader and Maul would do well. They appeal to both completist collectors and the average buyers. I think if Hasbro did reissue Bibble and Amidala, it would be solely for collectors. No average buyer is going to look at those figures and pick them over the reissue of Luke Skywalker or Han Solo. I'm sure there are barely many people outside of collectors that know that these are rare figures in the first place.

As much as I would like Hasbro to rerelease the harder-to-find figures, the bottom line is their profits. Bibble and Amidala with her arms in the air aren't gonna do it.

Reaction score

Got mine at a Kmart of all places. Targets were also the ones getting them also, but got kept getting scooped up every morning at 8AM. Kmarts were usually less scoped out, so going on a tip from fellow Bay Area collectors, there were some to be found. Needless to say, this set didn't last very long on the pegs.

Til next report...

GNT

Reaction score

Originally posted by Carpeteria:
Bibble and Amidala with her arms in the air aren't gonna do it.
<font size="2" face="arial">All the buyer has to do is put her hands down it's not that hard to do. As for re-releasing her she is a main character who is vital to the Prequal trilogy, as a main character she just like Luke should be hanging in stores every now and then so that people who want her could buy her.She would appeal to completists, people who missed her 1st time around as well as little girls who need a female rolemodel. Figures are mainly bought by collectors so I think everyone would know that she is a hard to get figure.

Reaction score

I got my Sio Bibble, Battle Amidala & TC-14 at a fair price. They are MOMC, except for the Sio, which is loose...

G

I actually don't have them yet. I'm only missing 25 figures from 1995 to now. I think that I will wait and get them on ebay when they drop a bit. I definately don't think that they should be rereleased though, that's part of the fun of collecting, to try to get your hands on the things you don't have, don't you think?

Yak

Reaction score

...there may be reason to, but I would imagine it [Sio Bibble] would be as a resculpt and not in his TPM outfit. Same goes for Amidala.
<font size="2" face="arial">Sio Bibble, we know (from the EII DVD comentary) re-appears in a larger role in EIII, I completely agree with you that Sio Bibble will come out in a new outfit... hopefully his EII outfite before we even see EIII - Hasbro should really be putting some more importance on recurring characters!!! IMO

I Reckon your right about Amidala Battle too, but out of the two I think she has a 50/50 chance in seeing a re-release (tho I have mixed feelings on re-releases, if demand is there then fine!).

Originally posted by EEthKoth99:
I will wait and get them on ebay when they drop a bit.
<font size="2" face="arial">I really can't see these dropping in price at all. All that are made are already out there, plus its four years since Episode 1 came out. The boom is over, prices have settled! Besides there's lots more people all the time realising they are missing only these figures, the thread starter to name but one.

However, there is every chance a few years after EIII comes out that many 'fans' will have had enough of Star Wars for the time being and prices may drop. (Iterest waned a couple of years after Jedi came out back in the 80's).
You have to remember E1 figures, (very) generally speaking are over produced and under(? - possibly) valued. Many at least, are as low as they can be - $2 etc. The two figures in question aren't over produced, that's for sure, who knows, they may still be undervalued!!?

Yak

Reaction score

One additional comment...

we all should keep our eyes on any figures/vehicles/etc that isn't internationally released! If it's only released in the US, then that generally isn't enough to supply the rest of the world on the after market - without a major price hike. Sio Bibble and Battle Amidala were never generally released in the UK (probably US only? - Any in Australia Greg?)
Look at vintage, almost all of the hugely expensive items were only released in the US.

You lucky buggr's

P.S. welcome to the forums EEthKoth99 nice to see you make your first post in the E1 forum

GNT

Reaction score

In that case, then why shouldn't they just rerelease the first Amidala figure, that is in a much more "user friendly" pose?
<font size="2" face="arial">

And the 2nd one isn't? The battle one actually has a weapon that kids could play around with and have fun with, silver guns with the first figure are so much fun though....

Hasbro relies on parents buying their kids toys as much as they do on collectors. Remember that this is a children's toy line first and not a collector-specific one. If that were true, then we would never have seen all those horrific "action features" that the Saga line threw at us - you can't argue that those were for collectors

Remember that the Action figures were released in a movie year when the figures are aimed at kids to get more sales however in non movie years the line is aimed at collectors hence we are getting background characters next year. Sio and Bibble came out later in that year when the line was shifting back towards the collectors.

Originally posted by Yak:
Sio Bibble and Battle Amidala were never generally released in the UK (probably US only? - Any in Australia Greg?)
Look at vintage, almost all of the hugely expensive items were only released in the US.
<font size="2" face="arial">We didn't get her or Sio here, Australia never got:

Qui-Gon Jinn - Jedi Master
Obi-Wan Kenobi - Jedi Knight
Destroyer Droid - Battle Damaged
Darth Maul - Sith Lord
Jar Jar Binks - Naboo Swamp
Queen Amidala - Battle
Anakin Skywalker - Naboo Pilot
Naboo Royal Security
Sio Bibble
Pit Droids 2-Pack
Darth Sidious - Hologram

R2-B1 and Tc-14 were available but never really possible to get them, maybe one case for every 5 stores.Impossible to get.

So since none were released here that means we have to resort to buying from America at the inflated prices + shipping + douple the price of what it costs and its not worth it. Reissues of them would be welcomed.

Reaction score

I got Sio in a trade and bought the Amidala for $15. I have seen her on ebay for $25-45.

Reaction score

I really think there's only a handful of peeps needing these figures so why can't they just get on ebay?

G

All the buyer has to do is put her hands down it's not that hard to do. As for re-releasing her she is a main character who is vital to the Prequal trilogy, as a main character she just like Luke should be hanging in stores every now and then so that people who want her could buy her.
<font size="2" face="arial">In that case, then why shouldn't they just rerelease the first Amidala figure, that is in a much more "user friendly" pose? It's exactly the same outfit. I'm just trying to look at these from Hasbro's standpoint. Yes, they do appease the collectors from time to time, but their own profits are the bottom line. I don't think Bibble and a scene-specific Amidala are what would bring in the big sales for them over the same costs of Hasbro reissuing yet another Vader or Leia or Solo, etc. I don't know. Maybe they will, at some point, go ahead and reissue all the rarest figures, all costs aside, just for collectors. Motti, Holo R2, etc.

Figures are mainly bought by collectors so I think everyone would know that she is a hard to get figure.
<font size="2" face="arial">Hasbro relies on parents buying their kids toys as much as they do on collectors. Remember that this is a children's toy line first and not a collector-specific one. If that were true, then we would never have seen all those horrific "action features" that the Saga line threw at us - you can't argue that those were for collectors. There must be a balance for their company and their profits.

Again, I hope these get rereleased. I just don't see it happening any time soon. Hasbro has the license for several years now, and there will be many more non-movie years for them to revisit the past.

G

Originally posted by tk421 1/2:
I really think there's only a handful of peeps needing these figures so why can't they just get on ebay?
<font size="2" face="arial">We can get anything on ebay, but the prices are marked up so much on average that it would be a shame to have to pay such a large price for a figure that is only four years old, only due to the fact that they were shipped much less than the glut of other TPM figures. The people that are selling these on ebay are doing it to make a profit on a rarity.

Reaction score

Qui-Gon Jinn - Jedi Master
Destroyer Droid - Battle Damaged
Jar Jar Binks - Naboo Swamp
Queen Amidala - Battle
Naboo Royal Security
Sio Bibble
Pit Droids 2-Pack
Darth Sidious - Hologram

I was fortunate to find all these in one fell swoop on one Saturday morning at a Wal-Mart. These were all definitely hard to find even in the states, though some were scarcer than others. The same goes with TC-14 and R2-B1.

Who knows why it happens like this? Bad (uneven) national distribution or just being there at the right time? It would be nice if Hasbro rereleased them and made them available somehow at non-ebay prices for those who weren't fortunate enough to find them on the pegs. I know how it is not being able to find certain figures, like CT Leia (which was eventually rereleased sans CT chip), CT Motti, CT R2, POTJ clean Biker Scout, and Saga Ephant Mon.

G

And the 2nd one isn't? The battle one actually has a weapon that kids could play around with and have fun with, silver guns with the first figure are so much fun though....
<font size="2" face="arial">I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. If they ever decided to rerelease that figure in the purple outfit, I think it would be the more generic one.

Remember that the Action figures were released in a movie year when the figures are aimed at kids to get more sales however in non movie years the line is aimed at collectors hence we are getting background characters next year. Sio and Bibble came out later in that year when the line was shifting back towards the collectors.
<font size="2" face="arial">Definitely, they were focused on the movie year. Next year will be much more collector-oriented, which is great. But there is also a difference in distribution between movie years (kid-driven) and collector years. When the TPM and AOTC lines hit retail, every toy store had huge displays and rows and rows of full pegs. This year we saw the shift, when the 2003 figures that were supposed to be available in January didn't hit retail in sufficient numbers until August/September, and we were left with loads of Lott Dodds and Zam Wessells to stare at. I believe that is going to carry over into the 2004 line, which is even more collector based than the 2003 stuff, half of which still had the kid-features. I'm a little scared that this new CW line won't do as well as the retailers are banking on, thus reflecting negatively on their orders for the new 2004 stuff. I hope not.

My point here is that, again, Hasbro needs to put out the money items. The collector-driven figures they will release will be brand new while their kid-driven focus will be either new versions of main characters or rereleases of the most major of the main characters. Bibble is not one of those characters. I don't think this reissue campaign of theirs is going to be with collectors in mind, but rather with kids and Hasbro's profits in mind. I had hoped originally that the reissue trend would include hard to find figures, but it seems as though they will be basing it on a "Hall of Fame" status. I don't think Bibble was voted into anyone's hall of fame.

I think that the argument of rereleasing for collectors is a moot point anyway, since "real" collectors would want to purchase the original release anyway, as completists. I'm personally not a completist to that degree, but I know a lot of collectors that are, and to them, rereleasing these figures is just a pain to them, since it's just the same thing on a new card.

I don't know. I guess it will come down to when Hasbro has the ability to do things like this, just for us collectors that happened to get screwed by their bad distribution four years ago and now have to pay huge prices for $4.00 figures. We are lucky enough that they have any sort of "collector consciousness" at all, since this is the toy business, first and foremost. Most adults don't buy toys for themselves. We are the select (often foolish) few.

GNT

Reaction score

If they ever decided to rerelease that figure in the purple outfit, I think it would be the more generic one.
<font size="2" face="arial">Theres not much of a difference between them besides the cloth and neck,you seem against releasing it? Are you the type that spent losts of $$$ to obtain it and don't want anyone to have it at normal cost? Besides that there isn't a reason not to release it over the 1st one.

I think that the argument of rereleasing for collectors is a moot point anyway, since "real" collectors would want to purchase the original release anyway, as completists. I'm personally not a completist to that degree, but I know a lot of collectors that are, and to them, rereleasing these figures is just a pain to them, since it's just the same thing on a new card.
<font size="2" face="arial">Reissued figures comes with stands so there is something new with the figures. Theres nothing to say that "real" collectors would want the original version as long as the item is obtainable in any way.

GNT

Reaction score

I know there's something new, that was my point. Just being on a new card alone is "something new" if you are a completist. There are people out there that want every single minute variation, down to different stickers. To those people, reissues would be more of a hinderance, since they've already got those figures. In the case of Bibble and Amidala, they would already have them on their TPM cards, and would just have to rebuy them again because Hasbro decides to put them out again on a new card.
<font size="2" face="arial">Then thats really the fault of the completist then if they choose to pick up every version then.

G

Theres not much of a difference between them besides the cloth and neck,you seem against releasing it? Are you the type that spent losts of $$$ to obtain it and don't want anyone to have it at normal cost? Besides that there isn't a reason not to release it over the 1st one.
<font size="2" face="arial">Ok, you've got me all wrong here. I personally do not own either the Battle Amidala or Sio Bibble and I would be ecstatic if I walked into TRU tomorrow and found both on a new card. I am not against rereleasing anything.

What I AM saying is that I think Hasbro, as a profit-seeking company, would look over figures that are more obscure in favor of the type that they have already rereleased - the main characters. Yes, Amidala is a main character, and yes I'm sure they will rerelease one of her figures at some point. But the ONLY reason they would rerelease this figure over any other Amidala (of which there are MANY better ones to choose from) would be to appease the portion of collectors that didn't get it the first time around. That's it. And if they wanted to do an Amidala in the purple outfit, I think they would first go with a rerelease of the original and more generic one. That's my opinion. Like I said before, we just have to agree to disagree here, because you think it's plausible that Hasbro will think rereleasing the Battle version would be a profitable move. I don't think it would be.

But would I want to see it personally? Absolutely. I hope that when the well runs dry in eight years or less and Hasbro is stuck with either paying off for the Tonnika figures or resculpting everything over again that they go ahead and rerelease everything that was even remotely difficult to find. Is that a wise move on Hasbro's move? I don't think so, so I don't think it's going to happen. But I'm sure we'll see a good portion of stuff back on new cards.

Reissued figures comes with stands so there is something new with the figures. Theres nothing to say that "real" collectors would want the original version as long as the item is obtainable in any way.
<font size="2" face="arial">I know there's something new, that was my point. Just being on a new card alone is "something new" if you are a completist. There are people out there that want every single minute variation, down to different stickers. To those people, reissues would be more of a hinderance, since they've already got those figures. In the case of Bibble and Amidala, they would already have them on their TPM cards, and would just have to rebuy them again because Hasbro decides to put them out again on a new card.

All I mean by this is to dispute the "reissuing for collectors" debate of reissuing so that collectors (the only ones pushing for a rerelease of Bibble in the first place) can get them instead of on ebay. That's all.

No big deal.

G

Then thats really the fault of the completist then if they choose to pick up every version then.
<font size="2" face="arial">No argument there, compadre. I'm just telling it like it is.

I think Hasbro is going to be very choosy with what they rerelease, at least for the next years to come. It looks like that first wave of rereleases has done well enough (I've only seen them in retail a few times) that they will continue on. We'll have to wait and see.

Reaction score
Sio Bibble?

I was wondering if anyone knows if Hasbro plans on re-releasing Sio Bibble? I remember when all the voting, a couple years ago, was going on I keep voting from him. I do believe I read he was going to be re-released, but I can't find where I read this. I'm looking on ebay for him, MIB, but I don't want to pay $30-$50 for a figure I plan on opening. Any help would be hot.

Reaction score
Re: SIO BIBBLE?

He was one of the figures that was in contention for the Fan's pick for the last 12 TAC figures. He probably be resculpted later down the road but for the time being I would do what I did and get a Canadian version which is much cheaper. My commtech stand is in French but who cares. I just wanted the figure and got him pretty cheap loose for $3 plus S&H off eBay or maybe another scummer could help you out.

Reaction score

That looks S O O O O O cool!

I never thought to look for a Canadian/international version. I'd prefer to get him unopened, I like to do that myself.

Reaction score

Thanks for the kind words.
You could probably get a carded version cheap also but if your going to open him just get him loose. You probably pay less since it's loose and the S&H will be much cheaper.

Reaction score

echoplex said:
You could probably get a carded version cheap also but if your going to open him just get him loose. You probably pay less since it's loose and the S&H will be much cheaper.
True, I'll start looking a little harder.

Did you enhance the battle damage on those Battle droids? Or did you buy them like that. I only have one of the security Battle droids and he doesn't look that beat up.

Reaction score

lordquigon said:
echoplex said:
True, I'll start looking a little harder.

Did you enhance the battle damage on those Battle droids? Or did you buy them like that. I only have one of the security Battle droids and he doesn't look that beat up.
Yeah, I did some weathering on them to bring out the lines and make them look like they've been battle tested.

Reaction score

This figure was pretty rare when he first came out. Looks like the santa of the SW universe.

Reaction score

Blight said:
This figure was pretty rare when he first came out. Looks like the santa of the SW universe.
What does that have to do w/ lordquigon's original question?

Reaction score

I was saying he was hard to find. The original poster was asking if they planned on rereleasing him. Alot of people, myself included didn't get a chance to get him originally because he was one of those rare tail end figures. Sadly, he'd pegwarm if rerealsed I'm sure right up there with Bail and Yarna.

GNT

Reaction score

The figure was never released here so I'd like to see him re-released at some point in the near future for everyone that missed out on him.

Reaction score

I broke down and scored a Bibble on ebay for $22.37. A little more than I was hoping to pay, but it beats the $30-50 "buy it now". I won him yesterday, so I haven't received him yet, but the guy I bought him from lives right in MA too, I should have the senator Monday!!!!

All and all I'm psyched I finally got him, it's only been 10 years.

GNT

Reaction score
lordquigon said:
I broke down and scored a Bibble on ebay for $22.37. A little more than I was hoping to pay, but it beats the $30-50 "buy it now". I won him yesterday, so I haven't received him yet, but the guy I bought him from lives right in MA too, I should have the senator Monday!!!!
His more of a "governor" then a senator but congrats on your purchase!

Reaction score
GNT said:
His more of a "governor" then a senator but congrats on your purchase!
Oopps, he is a governor isn't he. I forgot, I guess I'll just have to watch the film again, for like the 150th time, and refresh my memory.

Thanks, I hope I get him tomorrow!